GDT - Flightless avians @ Your New Jersey Devils

thelastonealive

I don't agree that the players don't care. Improper training and conditioning poor line combo because of lack of talent with poor defense need new defensive coach.

If they do care, it ain't enough. Losing doesn't bother these guys enough. It isn't hard to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think they care, but they're not scoring as much as they should on O and Shero didn't do enough to shore up the D. And Schneider has been below average.

Yes they have had bad luck too but...even if they had average luck they're still out of a playoff spot. We needed more out of Zacha this year. 2 goals. Hall is on pace for 22 goals, need more out of him.

Cammo is on an 11 game goalless drought. Unacceptable.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

If they do care, it ain't enough. Losing doesn't bother these guys enough. It isn't hard to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They know they don't have the offensive talent and that the defense has been weakened as a result of losing Larsson and acquiring defensive players that can't get the job done along with Severson and Merrill playing poorly and the only sign of hope is Auvuti and he was sent to Albany OR force to the bench with a lying IR excuse. Then there is Schneider and Kinkaid. So they care but understand it's an impossible up hill battle and are mentally beat.

can't remember the last time I've ever been embarrassed of this team.. i think this is actually the first time that i have felt this way. What a disappointment to start out the season looking like a decent team that has a chance to win every night to this dumpster fire. henrique and palms have really disappointed this year as well so much for that flukey 30 goal season they both had last year. At this point i wouldn't even mind if one of those guys got moved for someone else.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Cammy looks like Tootoo 2.0... Or would it be 2.2?

The difference is, Tootoo did what he was expected to do...not much.

Cammalleri was brought in to be our offensive centerpiece. Instead he has no neck and two good games all year. 

• Like 2

Cammalleri put up 0.68 points per game in his three seasons prior to signing with NJ, he has 0.71 points per game with NJ. He has the second highest total behind Henrique in that time frame and is second to Taylor Hall in points per game. His injuries are a headache but they were to be expected. When healthy, he's been exactly as advertised.

4 hours ago, Marshall said:

Cammalleri put up 0.68 points per game in his three seasons prior to signing with NJ, he has 0.71 points per game with NJ. He has the second highest total behind Henrique in that time frame and is second to Taylor Hall in points per game. His injuries are a headache but they were to be expected. When healthy, he's been exactly as advertised.

Cammy has been alright, but he seems to be hot or cold this year (not counting the personal issue break).  When he is hot he is on fire, and when he is cold he is invisible and as useless as DSP is now.

4 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Cammy has been alright, but he seems to be hot or cold this year (not counting the personal issue break).  When he is hot he is on fire, and when he is cold he is invisible and as useless as DSP is now.

His scoring comes and goes, as it does for just about every player. But he's been this way for years and years. 

3 minutes ago, Marshall said:

His scoring comes and goes, as it does for just about every player. But he's been this way for years and years. 

I don't recall him being this bad meaning, lack of consistency, in any other year with the Devils. This season he is scoring a hat trick or looking totally lost on the ice. I would say he looks totally lost 90% of the time this season. The coaches see it and they drop him down on occasion.

On 12/28/2016 at 9:29 AM, DevsMan84 said:

Was going to watch the game, but my buddy really wanted to see Rogue One so I went with him to that instead.  Looks like I made the right choice.

Wish Shero would have taken the qualifying offer with Palmieri for the 1-year deal.  If last year was the career year and this year is more of what we are going to see then that is trouble.  Hindsight is 20/20, but that deal has the potential to be a real stinker.

Not surprised to hear about Bennett and DSP being their useless selves.

I know the team was not pegged or expected to make the playoffs, but to be virtually out of it by New Year's due to the brutal schedule is dejecting to say the least.  At least I should be able to snag dirt cheap tickets the rest of the way.

Forgot to ask, how was Rogue One? Thanks

On 12/27/2016 at 10:02 PM, Mike Brown said:

RECAP

• This team is too damn soft!
  • Seriously would consider trading Schneider.  He doesn't deserve to be on this mess of a team.
  • Also would consider trading Cammy and Henrique
  • Call up Blandisi, move Zacha up with Hall and Parenteau.

EVEN STRENGTH POSSESSION

• CF%: 41.94 (26 to 36)
  • FF%: 54.72 (29 to 24)
  • SF%: 41.46 (17 to 24)

I never thought I'd say this but I am ready to let Schneider go we are wasting his time and we could get a value in return.

For sure I would trade Cammy just not sure what we could get for him if anything. 

Henrique, we need to take the STAR status away from him. Bench him and drop him to the 3rd and 4th line to accomplish this. Same with Palmieri.

Anyother changes don't matter if making the playoffs is a measurement.

59 minutes ago, BostonNala370 said:

Henrique, we need to take the STAR status away from him. Bench him and drop him to the 3rd and 4th line to accomplish this. Same with Palmieri.

If we drop everyone who deserves to be on the third and fourth lines, who would we put out on the first and second lines?

46 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

If we drop everyone who deserves to be on the third and fourth lines, who would we put out on the first and second lines?

I was suggesting only temporary to adjust his head. We aren't going anywhere. Need to take A and get their heads screwed on right.

Edited by BostonNala370

4 hours ago, BostonNala370 said:

Does it matter? We aren't making the playoffs so go for draft picks

It matters only because the people on the third and fourth lines don't belong on 1 or 2 either.

At this point, I don't even think about who is on the first line or the fourth line, its irrelevant because nobody is performing. Maybe we need to just go on the latest EA Sports game, check out how the players are rated, put the three highest guys on 1, next three on 2, etc. and just see what the fvck happens. Its about as good a system as what they have been using. 

4 hours ago, Marshall said:

Putting Henrique on the bottom two lines will surely make other teams want him...

The time to trade him was last offseason. He does belong on a 3rd line somewhere, he's not a top 6 player. Unfortunately I don't think we have a whole lot of those.