GDT - Devils vs Leafs 1/6/17

NJDfan1711

1 minute ago, Satans Hockey said:

Yeah some of you guys who have seen those teams would have better comparisons but for me who started watching in 93/94 this is setting up to be far the worst team I've ever seen. I'd like see them turn it around but it doesn't seem likely. My bigger issue is this team just seems ok with losing and that's more aggravating than anything else. 

In fairness, it's hard nowadays to put together a team as dreadful as those early Devils teams.  Yeah, with the exception of that 10-29-2 start to the '10-'11 season and the slow start to '05-'06, this is about as rotten of a stretch as I can remember.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, fsu1852 said:

I know people are going to bash me and idc. I say trade him. This team isnt winning any time soon. Might as well get something out of him while you can

It's not out of the question at all.  Maybe a shakeup like that is what the team needs, and hell, plenty of teams have won cups recently without a known commodity in net and more talent up front.  Niemi, Murray, Crawford.  Granted they're all good goalies, but they're not the Lundquists, Holtbys, Price or Rask's of the world. 

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

In fairness, it's hard nowadays to put together a team as dreadful as those early Devils teams.  Yeah, with the exception of that 10-29-2 start to the '10-'11 season and the slow start to '05-'06, this is about as rotten of a stretch as I can remember.

You think this team can turn it around though? I don't see it happening. At least the 10-11 team made it interesting with the amount of games they won in the second half and that 05-06 team really went crazy with winning all those games at the end to win the division. I just don't think this team has it. 

2 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

You think this team can turn it around though? I don't see it happening. At least the 10-11 team made it interesting with the amount of games they won in the second half and that 05-06 team really went crazy with winning all those games at the end to win the division. I just don't think this team has it. 

Agree.  I think it had to start with Cory standing on his head, if it was ever going to happen at all.  

I kinda dislike players that get these big contracts and then coast it appears when they get married, have kids, etc.

Motivation, Drive, and Proving yourself appear to be with the youth of the league. When NBA legend coach Pat Riley talked about preparation and motivation of the team talent he was correct in dealing with players and prepping for games.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

You could probably fetch a small fortune for Cory right now, though trading him would clearly send a certain message about this season.

The Rock would be half empty for the rest of the year.

If Cory brings back something good then trade him. He's not exactly helping this team

1 minute ago, BostonNala370 said:

Isn't it half empty now? Some say that.

True enough. Needless to say though, the idea of "tanking" is controversial on these boards, but at this point it's hard to argue against it.

Trade Cory, trade Zajac, lock up what's left of the core and rebuild.

This "retooling" thing clearly isn't working.