GDT Edmonton Oilers @ Devils 1/7 7pm

Weekes Head

3 minutes ago, Aznjsn said:

Now Quincey doesn't want to do anything when mcdavid crashes into Schneider. Gosh 

Loss in ot again? Ahaha

I thought it was   "The Sperminator", #12 LoveJoy that love-tapped #97 instead of drilling Cory

It was a BS call on Zajac to start with, but as far as I'm concerned, it's an uphill battle against everyone in this league today

Edited by HOLLYWOOD

6 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Is it just me or does Hall look really fvcking bored and disinterested?

Where's the explosive speed from the first quarter of the season....?

With the exception of Woods and JJ... Hall is running track with a 5th wheel team.

It's beyond a doubt, Camm's age has severely affected his stellar days of the past... 5 years ago his passing/shot was crisp and dead on, today everything in his game is off just enough to miss it all.

Edited by HOLLYWOOD

2 minutes ago, HOLLYWOOD said:

With the exception of Woods and JJ... Hall is running track with a 5th wheel team.

It's beyond a doubt, Camm's age has severely affected his stellar days of the past... 5 years ago his passing/shot was crisp and dead on, today everything in his game is off just enough to miss it all.

Certainly agree about Cammy.

7 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Is it just me or does Hall look really fvcking bored and disinterested?

Where's the explosive speed from the first quarter of the season....?

YES!!!! Exactly what I've been thinking!!!! He gets some speed, but then just dumps the puck or make some sh!tty pass. 

I really don't understand why Hynes would scratch Bennett then switch up the forward lines the way he did.  (NB i missed last night's game)  Bennett himself can lift that 3rd line into being respectable but of course they were beaten, just like every other line tonight.

Cammalleri-Henrique-Palmieri is just too slow and dumb of a line to function effectively every night.  Cammalleri understands where people will be but has too much confidence in his own ability to get the puck there, so there's a lot of missed passes.  Henrique has never been a good passer and Palmieri's pretty much a drive the net guy.  None of these players are slow but none of them are fast either, so they just can't force D into mistakes often enough. 

Kalinin shouldn't be playing center at the NHL level.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Triumph said:

I really don't understand why Hynes would scratch Bennett then switch up the forward lines the way he did.  (NB i missed last night's game)  Bennett himself can lift that 3rd line into being respectable but of course they were beaten, just like every other line tonight.

Cammalleri-Henrique-Palmieri is just too slow and dumb of a line to function effectively every night.  Cammalleri understands where people will be but has too much confidence in his own ability to get the puck there, so there's a lot of missed passes.  Henrique has never been a good passer and Palmieri's pretty much a drive the net guy.  None of these players are slow but none of them are fast either, so they just can't force D into mistakes often enough. 

I know Hynes isn't going anywhere and I know he doesn't exactly have the horses but I continue to question what he's doing with some of these decisions and scratches. More to the point - it seems like so many guys on this team are just fvcking dumb. The term "hockey sense" seems to be absent with just about everyone other than zajac, cammalleri and santini. these are the only players that seem to consistently be in the right place and make the right play (in cam's case, as tri points out, it seems to not work too often).

lovejoy - quote machine. seems like a really nice guy. fvcking sucks. if you know you are below average in speed, make up for it with smarts. he does not. how many times is he going to screen his own goaltender and fail to box out or hold his man. what does it say when santini is doing the exact job that lovejoy is supposed to do and doing it 100x better?

severson - the ability is there - but he's making the wrong play too much and just doesn't possess awareness that he should have at this point. the turnovers because of simply bad decisions are maddening.

i won't waste time on the other defenders because they really shouldn't even be in the nhl.

i understand that we've got hurt players (they're not top line guys of course (other than greene but i digress)) but being in a position to use DSP and Kalinin as centers is ludicrous. can none of these albany guys (JQ, Blandisi, Coleman) play center?

unless this is just team tank and we can't see it

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Triumph said:

Yea, Kalinin shouldn't be in NHL, and maybe if Palmeri shaves, he could be a bit faster, kinda wonder about this whole 1880s beard thingy going on today in the NHL... WTF? lol.

Kinda disgusted this evening, date night hockey in 3D, wasted $100 in Far Niente wine,. oh well, onto Saturday movie night ... audios all

I was at the game. I actually had a lot of fun people watching this attractive blonde near me. I have reason to believe she's in a thing with Miles Wood. Just a hunch based on my Sherlockesque skills though. Unfortunate loss, they seemed like they couldn't show up after the second period ended. Seeing McDavid was pretty fun.

Edited by NJDevils1214

7 minutes ago, sundstrom said:

I know Hynes isn't going anywhere and I know he doesn't exactly have the horses but I continue to question what he's doing with some of these decisions and scratches. More to the point - it seems like so many guys on this team are just fvcking dumb. The term "hockey sense" seems to be absent with just about everyone other than zajac, cammalleri and santini. these are the only players that seem to consistently be in the right place and make the right play (in cam's case, as tri points out, it seems to not work too often).

lovejoy - quote machine. seems like a really nice guy. fvcking sucks. if you know you are below average in speed, make up for it with smarts. he does not. how many times is he going to screen his own goaltender and fail to box out or hold his man. what does it say when santini is doing the exact job that lovejoy is supposed to do and doing it 100x better?

severson - the ability is there - but he's making the wrong play too much and just doesn't possess awareness that he should have at this point. the turnovers because of simply bad decisions are maddening.

i won't waste time on the other defenders because they really shouldn't even be in the nhl.

i understand that we've got hurt players (they're not top line guys of course (other than greene but i digress)) but being in a position to use DSP and Kalinin as centers is ludicrous. can none of these albany guys (JQ, Blandisi, Coleman) play center?

DITTO... I like your analysis.. but I do have faith in Merrill developing into something good, real good. rough start for him and it continued. I really wish Stevens was still around to guide these D guys, he was so inspirational.. even just walking into the room commanded total attention.

Edited by HOLLYWOOD
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, HOLLYWOOD said:

DITTO... I like your analysis.. but I do have faith in Merrill developing into something good, real good. rough start for him and it continued. I really wish Stevens was still around to guide these D guys, he was so inspirational.. even just walking into the room commanded total attention.

Merrill has played enough in this league that we know what he is - which is a bottom pairing defenseman on a pretty bad team. he's not getting better. he is what he is. NHL filler at best.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sundstrom said:

Lovejoy doesnt fit the system, granted I cant even identify our system anymore since this team has become the ass-end of a bad night of undercooked and overly spicy mexican food, but he's not a Devil and yet we're burdened with him for two more years.

Quincey is a spineless pvssy who shouldn't be running a powerplay, regardless of him doing so on the other teams.

Severson has regressed and him getting first pairing minutes is exposing his inexperience.

Shero has sat on his hands, occasionally taking them out from under his ass to send one finger knuckle deep into his nose [saw it first hand at the New Years Eve game], but he needs to do something now. Some kind of shakeup needs to happen. Wanna keep Hynes? Fine by me, but the assistants must go or a trade muse be made. [yes, I said this a whole week or two ago]

4 minutes ago, sundstrom said:

It's isn't team tank.  'Maybe they're secretly tanking' is the crutch of the fan who is rationalizing bad decisions.  So yeah, there are some bad coaching decisions for sure.  I just don't see them on a larger scale.

I know Parenteau has gotten caught in some tough spots and he hasn't exactly been consistent but I think he's a pretty smart player.  Zacha's not there yet but I see a lot of smarts out of him.  Bennett, obviously.  Also, c'mon. Santini has been here for 4 games, let's not go crazy.  I like how he's looked too and if he continues to play this way the only time he should go back to Albany is for the playoffs.

As for centers in the minors, I am not sure what they are doing there, but Blandisi is injured.  I'd like to see Coleman instead of Kalinin or DSP but I'm not sure that's in the cards yet.

Just now, jagknife said:

Lovejoy doesnt fit the system, granted I cant even identify our system anymore since this team has become the ass-end of a bad night of undercooked and overly spicy mexican food, but he's not a Devil and yet we're burdened with him for two more years.

Quincey is a spineless pvssy who shouldn't be running a powerplay, regardless of him doing so on the other teams.

Severson has regressed and him getting first pairing minutes is exposing his inexperience.

Shero has sat on his hands, occasionally taking them out from under his ass to send one finger knuckle deep into his nose [saw it first hand at the New Years Eve game], but he needs to do something now. Some kind of shakeup needs to happen. Wanna keep Hynes? Fine by me, but the assistants must go or a trade muse be made. [yes, I said this a whole week or two ago]

There are no trades.  There aren't really in-season moves in the NHL before the All-Star game.  There's been what, one NHL trade since the season started?  I guess technically there has been more than one, but these are the NHL trades so far:

Mike Condon to Ottawa

McIlrath for Kampfer

Peter Holland for a conditional 6th