GDT Edmonton Oilers @ Devils 1/7 7pm

Weekes Head

2 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Is MacLean kidding me? Does this guy actually WATCH these games? fvck off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's more and more obvious by the day why he was arguably the worst coach in NHL history assuming he actually believes the peewee nonsense he espouses.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Triumph said:

Just you, he was NJ's best player tonight.

By best you mean least awful, aside from the goaltender.  Hall's been invisible for weeks though.  Whether it's the injury or being beside himself because he's in a hopeless cause again he needs to snap the **** out of it.

Edited by NJDevs4978

24 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

By best you mean least awful, aside from the goaltender.  Hall's been invisible for weeks though.  Whether it's the injury or being beside himself because he's in a hopeless cause again he needs to snap the **** out of it.

Invisible?  He had 3 shots and Parenteau had 4 shots.  They were the only line consistently doing anything.

we gave up one regulation goal to the oilers thanks to good goaltending a timely 1 v 1 defending against some skilled skaters

the PP is killing this team which has a hard time scoring goals to begin with. two things stick out to me on offense .. the number of times we turn a defensive possession into a 50/50 scramble in our own. and the way we kill offensive possessions with low percentage passing (or regular passing gone wrong for that matter) just dumb panic plays or devaluing the possession

I think merrill has improved this year, he has a good NHL skill set, I disagree that hes not an NHL player. he can turn and step out against speed forwards and he's elusive skating in traffic w the puck.  the troubles are his limp noodle stick work and aforementioned bad passing. seversons eyes are bigger than his hands many times and hes one of the high risk passers. but hes good at leveraging guys away from the puck behind our net, he and greene are our top diggers.  I really thing hynes should reunite andy and daemon, and leave them, and have santini and Merrill get more time.  on the lines I have zero clue.. but agree zacha is showing hockey sense and a versatile skill set

12 hours ago, Triumph said:

There are no trades.  There aren't really in-season moves in the NHL before the All-Star game.  There's been what, one NHL trade since the season started?  I guess technically there has been more than one, but these are the NHL trades so far:

Mike Condon to Ottawa

McIlrath for Kampfer

Peter Holland for a conditional 6th

That's this season though, last year there were a bunch of pre ASB trades. Sure, GMs might not be willing to make deals, but we need to do something, not just a trade. No clue what the fvck we can do, but sh!t a shakeup is needed...

10 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Wow really? I had checked online and it said get they were open till 11. I really wanted to give them a shot but I'm getting annoyed with them. 

Was the place like dark and everything or was it where the lights were on and it looked like no customers were in there?  Cause I was there before the game on Dec 22nd for about 45-50 min and I was the only customer there and I thought the place was closed when I first walked by.

2 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

Was the place like dark and everything or was it where the lights were on and it looked like no customers were in there?  Cause I was there before the game on Dec 22nd for about 45-50 min and I was the only customer there and I thought the place was closed when I first walked by.

Completely dark every time, I looked in to check the place out each time. At this point I feel like it's just not meant to be but I'll walk by again tonight lol