Whom Should the Devils Attempt to Acquire?

Sharifijanov2099

Hopefully we can take advantage of the upcoming expansion draft and pickoff some good players from the deep teams that can't protect everyone for some of the draft picks we have accumulated.  Other than that, FA is going to be a difficult sell to get anyone of significance (see Shattenkirk) to come here over places like the NYR, unless we completely overpay in both term and money.

2 hours ago, Chuck the Duck said:

Hopefully we can take advantage of the upcoming expansion draft and pickoff some good players from the deep teams that can't protect everyone for some of the draft picks we have accumulated.  Other than that, FA is going to be a difficult sell to get anyone of significance (see Shattenkirk) to come here over places like the NYR, unless we completely overpay in both term and money.

Yeah I'm interested to see how the expansion draft affects trades.It won't affect guys with expiring deals,, but its the guys with multiple years (ie the guys we have to sell) that will put teams in a predicament-  does a contending team with no protection slots pay to bring in a guy that forces them to lose someone to expansion?

I think this would negatively affect the sellers like us- teams will want draft picks and players exempt from protection. That's not what most here would want to give up.

Really hoping PAP and Cam can be flipped for decent draft picks.  Cam might have a chance to become a desperate team's Plan C or D at the deadline if they're looking for more scoring (it will obviously help a lot if he's enjoying one of his hot streaks)...but not sure what the demand is going to be for an injury-prone inconsistent winger who will have $5 million coming into him in his age 35 and age 36 seasons...to be fair, I also don't really know how much offense is going to be available come deadline day. 

11 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Really hoping PAP and Cam can be flipped for decent draft picks.  Cam might have a chance to become a desperate team's Plan C or D at the deadline if they're looking for more scoring (it will obviously help a lot if he's enjoying one of his hot streaks)...but not sure what the demand is going to be for an injury-prone inconsistent winger who will have $5 million coming into him in his age 35 and age 36 seasons...to be fair, I also don't really know how much offense is going to be available come deadline day. 

Cammalleri is doubtful, but Parenteau should keep a bag packed. He's on a one year deal and he has over performed. 

Just now, mfitz804 said:

Cammalleri is doubtful, but Parenteau should keep a bag packed. He's on a one year deal and he has over performed. 

I agree in that PAP is a perfect rental...any team that deals for him will be paying damned near nothing.  Cam definitely isn't...Devils might have to take an iffy contract back (but hopefully one that expires a year earlier).  It won't surprise me if the Devils are stuck with Cam until his final season. 

25 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I agree in that PAP is a perfect rental...any team that deals for him will be paying damned near nothing.  Cam definitely isn't...Devils might have to take an iffy contract back (but hopefully one that expires a year earlier).  It won't surprise me if the Devils are stuck with Cam until his final season. 

Not that we don't have the cap room to do that...

Rico is my favorite player on the team right now, I absolutely love the guy, but if we can move him for a good defenseman, I can't say I wouldn't be in favor of it. We actually have some decent depth at center organizationally with Zajac, Zacha, McLeod, Blender, and Quenneville (though I think the latter two project better as wingers in the NHL) and he's one of the few guys on our roster that has some value.

6 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I agree, but I don't see NJ having the assets to deal for a guy like Landeskog and I certainly won't want to forfeit anymore picks. Lou is gone so finally the "win now" sh!t is over. I'm also aware that Shero is a mastermind trade talks, so anything is possible. 

Agreed. Not saying we could get him, but if he's available, I'd make a call. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, redruM said:

we also supposedly have a lot of depth at "D",. that's why we traded Larsen in the 1st place...

Unless I'm getting blown away I'm against trading the kid, he has been really good for the DEVS,

Yeah, I don't want to trade Henrique either. This team doesn't have a whole lot of NHL caliber players, but he's one of them. He should be part of the plan going forward. 

This is a pipe dream, because there aren't many "Ghost" type d-men out there, but why did SJ sign /Schlemko to 3 more years for over 2 mil each? Saw something we didn't?  We need a fleet footed get that sh<t outa our zone kinda guy. forechecking fw's seal up the walls & our group have to skate it out. We struggle.  Maybe pursuing Trouba?

10 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Yeah, I don't want to trade Henrique either. This team doesn't have a whole lot of NHL caliber players, but he's one of them. He should be part of the plan going forward. 

I wouldn't give him away. I don't think a Henrique for Landeskog trade straight up would interest me. I don't think Landeskog's stats blow Henrique's away, though they are a little better I would imagine. 

2 hours ago, Jerzey said:

I'd rather have Duchene than Landeskog. Perfect 1C for for Hall to play with.

If you're making a deal with the Avs, at least one defenseman is going the other way, and that means Severson.  While Severson plus for Duchene would be highway robbery, the defense, which already sucks, will suck even more.  And especially a team like the Devils can't count on landing a free agent like Shattenkiirk. 

2 minutes ago, Daniel said:

If you're making a deal with the Avs, at least one defenseman is going the other way, and that means Severson.  While Severson plus for Duchene would be highway robbery, the defense, which already sucks, will suck even more.  And especially a team like the Devils can't count on landing a free agent like Shattenkiirk. 

don't care!! do it in a heartbeat!

27 minutes ago, Daniel said:

24 minutes ago, EdgeControl said:

don't care!! do it in a heartbeat!

Somehow, I agree with both of these. 

I'm actually optimistic that we can sign Shattenkirk if he makes it to free agency. I don't think the Rags can afford him and he did play his youth hockey in NJ. His youth jersey is actually hanging in the youth hockey section at The Rock. I think if he goes to free agency it will come down to us and Boston. I just hope St. Louis keeps him for a playoff run and don't trade him.

I'm actually optimistic that we can sign Shattenkirk if he makes it to free agency. I don't think the Rags can afford him and he did play his youth hockey in NJ. His youth jersey is actually hanging in the youth hockey section at The Rock. I think if he goes to free agency it will come down to us and Boston. I just hope St. Louis keeps him for a playoff run and don't trade him.

We'll have to overpay though. Like, really overpay. Not saying I'd be against it necessarily, just stating the reality of the situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk