Full Jersey redesign next year?

Jerzey

To be honest, I don't give a sh!t about the jersey If there is a change to be made let's change the make up if this team. Better skills and speed. Jerseys won't score goals or prevent goals against. Jerseys are about ownership greed. I care the least about that money grabbing change. Give me a competitive hockey team 

Just now, Satans Hockey said:

Good point but really depends on how much the prices go up. If they increase by a huge margin you can just take that money and spend it on Elias night even if you're overspending. Hell if you go the stubhub route you can save money on almost every other game during the season anyway so in the long run you still save. 

"Exclusive access to Patrik Elias retirement night pre/post party attended by Devils alumni and Patrik himself for STH"

People will be blowing up the ticket reps phones/emails for that alone.  And nope, I don't think people will learn that these things are never really THAT exclusive and still hand the Devils their wallets.

2 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

"Exclusive access to Patrik Elias retirement night pre/post party attended by Devils alumni and Patrik himself for STH"

People will be blowing up the ticket reps phones/emails for that alone.  And nope, I don't think people will learn that these things are never really THAT exclusive and still hand the Devils their wallets.

You're definitely right. I hate that we won't find out about this probably till after the playoffs. If people think the goal song topic stuff has been beaten to death this is gonna make that seem like nothing. Look how many replies alone we have today on this, it's longer than the game thread lol. 

3 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

You're definitely right. I hate that we won't find out about this probably till after the playoffs. If people think the goal song topic stuff has been beaten to death this is gonna make that seem like nothing. Look how many replies alone we have today on this, it's longer than the game thread lol. 

To be fair, this conversation is far more interesting than any game they have played in the last 7 weeks.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Apparently this is a practice jersey but still horrendously ugly

http://www.foxsports.com/nhl/story/leaked-penguins-jersey-may-first-look-adidas-nhl-designs-122816

Why does it have mafioso track suit stripes on the side?

Where is the striping on the bottom? Looks empty

Is it a "salute the troops" type thing? The numbers look camo.

Edited by '7'

1 minute ago, '7' said:

Why does it have mafioso track suit stripes on the side?

Where is the striping on the bottom? Looks empty

Is it a "salute the troops" type thing? The numbers look camo.

It's just a practice jersey, so I wouldn't read too much into how that translates to the game jerseys.

Devils practice jerseys have always been very paired down too

DevilsGreenPractice.jpg?token=v6Q2qxMy0t

Admittedly haven't read all pages of this thread yet (I will when I get home tonight) but just have to weigh-in.. I will riot if they so much as touch our classic, timeless design.

fvcks sake, the jersey's are the ONE THING I WOULDN'T WANT CHANGED about this team right now :lol:.  It's such an iconic look.  

Looks like I might stock up on a jersey or two this season if this change is confirmed.

• Like 3

Admittedly haven't read all pages of this thread yet (I will when I get home tonight) but just have to weigh-in.. I will riot if they so much as touch our classic, timeless design.

fvcks sake, the jersey's are the ONE THING I WOULDN'T WANT CHANGED about this team right now :lol:.  It's such an iconic look.  

Looks like I might stock up on a jersey or two this season if this change is confirmed.

The fans need to come together on this one and just not allow it. I'm sorry, but I'm just not accepting this. This is the type of attitude needed to make these dipsh!ts take notice and do the right thing, which is to fvck off with redesigning the jerseys. Once they realize the type of nerve they've struck, they'll smarten up if they care about making money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

The fans need to come together on this one and just not allow it. I'm sorry, but I'm just not accepting this. This is the type of attitude needed to make these dipsh!ts take notice and do the right thing, which is to fvck off with redesigning the jerseys. Once they realize the type of nerve they've struck, they'll smarten up if they care about making money.

What do we really do though and do they actually listen to us? I don't complain about the owners but I think the front office is rather out of touch with the fanbase and I'm not talking about the goal song. 

What do we really do though and do they actually listen to us? I don't complain about the owners but I think the front office is rather out of touch with the fanbase and I'm not talking about the goal song. 

Judging from Wyshinski's tweet we may not have to do anything, but if we flooded them with e-mails, people brought signs/banners to games... Hell, Hugh Weber is pretty accessible himself and answers e-mails. If people spoke up as loudly and in as big a number as with the goal song, they'll have to pay attention. But again, that tweet is at least somewhat re-assuring that really big changes aren't happening.

3 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Judging from Wyshinski's tweet we may not have to do anything, but if we flooded them with e-mails, people brought signs/banners to games... Hell, Hugh Weber is pretty accessible himself and answers e-mails. If people spoke up as loudly and in as big a number as with the goal song, they'll have to pay attention. But again, that tweet is at least somewhat re-assuring that really big changes aren't happening.

I never expected them to change the logo though. I think the front office is clueless but I don't think they are thatttt clueless. 

Okay, 4 pages [mostly] read, still in a battle with my head-cold/flu-hybrid bitch, deep breath...

I know wysh said logo is safe, but if they change it, I'm going to be pissed.

If they change it and pair it with bringing green back and getting rid of the black, I'm going to be even more pissed.

If we end up with jerseys like Carolina or old Arizona two tone bullsh!t, and all the above happens too, I will not buy tickets any time I'm back east. Period. That sh!t I will not stand for.

As everyone else here has said, our uniforms now are pretty much perfect. The logo, the colors, the jersey. Heritage pride and legacy are all wrapped in them. Wanna add a shoulder patch of the Devil skating through the D like in Devils Den, fine! Third jersey after next year? Go for it! Make it our every day logo, I'm gonna flip. I will also flip with a state of New Jersey incorporated logo [the silhouette I mean].

Any resistance to the jerseys will have to come from the posters here and the season ticket holders, cause the morons on facebook will drink the kool-aid like they're at a kegger.

I'd try to stay optimistic but holy sh!t, this actually scares me, and I'm not one who usually fears change.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Satans Hockey said:

I did but the core of the jersey to me is the logo. Either way we'll have to wait months to see it. 

It said the "core jersey", not the "core of the jersey". Not the same thing to me.

To me, that means the same basic jersey with a few changes that don't make it all that different. 

Yeah I'm thinking they're talking about piping or stripes and whatnot. I'm sure we are keeping our logo but it's going to be encircled or some BS. Maybe New Jersey added somewhere. They're obviously making changes to it, but it sounds more and more like our logo itself isn't what's being redone, rather, it's the other stuff.

I feel like they're going to end up eliminating the stripes or something. Especially if they're going to add those dumbass Adidas piped stripes down the sides of the jersey. It'll be too busy otherwise. 

1 minute ago, Weekes Head said:

Yeah I'm thinking they're talking about piping or stripes and whatnot. I'm sure we are keeping our logo but it's going to be encircled or some BS. Maybe New Jersey added somewhere. They're obviously making changes to it, but it sounds more and more like our logo itself isn't what's being redone, rather, it's the other stuff.

I feel like they're going to end up eliminating the stripes or something. Especially if they're going to add those dumbass Adidas piped stripes down the sides of the jersey. It'll be too busy otherwise. 

I will hate it if we have New Jersey Devils circling the logo ALA Pitt or NYR, just freaking no [to the jersey designers, not you]

• Like 3

Just now, jagknife said:

I will hate it if we have New Jersey Devils circling the logo ALA Pitt or NYR, just freaking no [to the jersey designers, not you]

Agreed. I'm not thrilled about any change, really, but I guess the only thing we can do is speculate the hell outta this and all be inevitably wrong about the end result lol 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I was thinking they may incorporate green back into the color scheme somehow, and/or add an alternate logo on the shoulders.

and hey by all means do that, but sh!t dont go all the way back to the old red and green....