GDT - Panthers @ Devils - 7 PM

thelastonealive

1 minute ago, Weekes Head said:

I don't care about the effort at this point. This team can't score for sh!t. It's either give up 4+ goals a night or throw up a goose egg on our part. This team is so fvcking frustrating.

I don't know, Luongo has been pretty sharp all night. 28 shots on goal, we couldn't do much more. Sometimes you're just gonna lose. 

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

What's cool is Shero will continue to do nothing whatsoever between now and whenever the fvck the next game is and we get to watch this same sh!t again later this week. I don't know about you guys, but I can't wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm glad we have a 4 day weekend and planning a birthday bash Sunday night, I'll be absolutely sh!tfaced for the Vancouver game

Didn't look like there was much of a plan with the extra man out there.  Hall had it once or twice and looked like he didn't wanna be the one to bring it in.  No Greene back there hurts but we REALLY need Severson to be our puck moving defenseman, I'm just not sure he is.  I think you can want someone to be like someone else really bad (i.e. Niedermayer), but that doesn't necessarily mean they are, and the comparisons probably aren't very fair anyway.

Overall a good effort, but this team just can't score.  Nothing knew, nothing we all don't know already, but it just makes for bad hockey and ugly game and a sour mood all around.  I wish I could find some silver lining and something to keep hope alive, but time is running out, and we also just probably have to face reality that this team just isn't that good -- trouble is, I don't see that changing anytime soon, and we're already into 4-5 years of no playoffs and feeling like this, so it's getting old and frustrating.  You know, when you're a perennial contender for a decade and a half it feels awesome and you see yourself, as well as others see you too, as a powerhouse and there's a recognition of hard fought success, but when you follow that up with what could be an equally long run of losing and poor performances, I don't want to say it totally negates the awesome run you had prior, but, it's pretty close.  

Sigh.  Oh well.  Maybe going on the road and a west coast trip to Canada will somehow, oddly, spark this team.  Doubtful, but here's hoping.

Just now, mfitz804 said:

I don't know, Luongo has been pretty sharp all night. 28 shots on goal, we couldn't do much more. Sometimes you're just gonna lose. 

Which sucks. We lose because we give up 4 goals a game or we lose because we can't score...whether that be due to our lack of scoring prowess or the opposition putting up a brick wall....it feels all the same right now to me. Luongo definitely had a strong game,  but I'm just sick of there always being SOMETHING preventing us from moving in a positive direction. Let me wallow! Ha. 

2 minutes ago, titans04 said:

Should be easy to get out no? Looks brutal crowd wise on TV.

More power to ya for continuing to go to every game.

I rarely ever have any issues traffic wise driving home no matter the crowd size but yeah I might set a record tonight getting home since I usually wait until the 3 stars are announced before leaving to avoid the concourse congestion.  I'm almost to my car already now and I stayed until the buzzer lol 

RECAP

• No urgency.
  • Way too structure oriented.
  • Overcoached.
  • They can't forecheck to save their lives.
  • They can't defend a forecheck to save their lives.
  • Pathetic team is pathetic.

EVEN STRENGTH POSSESSION

• CF: 33 to 32, 50.77%
  • FF: 30 to 26, 53.57%
  • SF: 23 to 22, 51.11%

1 hour ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Didn't look like there was much of a plan with the extra man out there.  Hall had it once or twice and looked like he didn't wanna be the one to bring it in.  No Greene back there hurts but we REALLY need Severson to be our puck moving defenseman, I'm just not sure he is.  I think you can want someone to be like someone else really bad (i.e. Niedermayer), but that doesn't necessarily mean they are, and the comparisons probably aren't very fair anyway.

Overall a good effort, but this team just can't score.  Nothing knew, nothing we all don't know already, but it just makes for bad hockey and ugly game and a sour mood all around.  I wish I could find some silver lining and something to keep hope alive, but time is running out, and we also just probably have to face reality that this team just isn't that good -- trouble is, I don't see that changing anytime soon, and we're already into 4-5 years of no playoffs and feeling like this, so it's getting old and frustrating.  You know, when you're a perennial contender for a decade and a half it feels awesome and you see yourself, as well as others see you too, as a powerhouse and there's a recognition of hard fought success, but when you follow that up with what could be an equally long run of losing and poor performances, I don't want to say it totally negates the awesome run you had prior, but, it's pretty close. 

Sigh.  Oh well.  Maybe going on the road and a west coast trip to Canada will somehow, oddly, spark this team.  Doubtful, but here's hoping.

Nah, nothing can ever take that away. There's teams that have been around forever and are still looking for their first Stanley Cup (Sabres, Blues, etc). I root for 2 teams, the Devils and the Bengals, and only one of them has given me the joy of watching them win it all. In fact, to put things in perspective, the last time my Bengals won a playoff game I was like 9 years old. I'm now in my mid 30's. 

Nah, nothing can ever take that away. There's teams that have been around forever and are still looking for their first Stanley Cup (Sabres, Blues, etc). I root for 2 teams, the Devils and the Bengals, and only one of them has given me the joy of watching them win it all. In fact, to put things in perspective, the last time my Bengals won a playoff game I was like 9 years old. I'm now in my mid 30's. 

I'm in pretty much the same boat as you brother, except I'm a Dolphins fan. I know exactly how you feel. Been 16 years since our last playoff win. What the Devils gave us is special- not something every team's fans get to experience. NOTHING can negate that.

• Like 1

Tough one tonight - they played well, but one mistake is in the net and they just can't score to make it up.  Some good things happening overall - there was almost no one besides DSP whose game I hated tonight - but no one really stood out positively.  I guess Hall ended up with 6 shots.  Zacha responded to being challenged by taking a bogus 5 minute major, that was good I guess.   Santini continues to impress with his skating ability, footwork, and awareness - he needs more than 13 minutes, but being stapled to Helgeson won't help him.

3 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

What's cool is Shero will continue to do nothing whatsoever between now and whenever the fvck the next game is and we get to watch this same sh!t again later this week. I don't know about you guys, but I can't wait.

I share the same frustration. What exactly would you like Shero to do before the next game? I ask this seriously because I ask myself the same after each game. I come up with there is nothing he can do but blame the players because he doesn't have the team to blame Hynes. Firing assistant coaches does nothing IMO. Thanks explain.