2018 JETS

Beezer34

Also, fwiw Macc talked to Matt Forte and assured him he won't be traded. And that the whole rumors about them trying to move him were "fake news"

Kind of odd considering...well wouldn't Forte want to go somewhere with a chance to win? And with the emergence of Elijah McGuire, they should be aggressively shopping him.

For his own sake I do hope he finds his way on a contender sometime this season.

They also probably STILL don't think Bilal Powell can handle being the every-down back :P

But maybe they know Forte doesn't want to move and they won't save much on the cap for him (or get much for him for that matter) anyway.

re: Sheldon, I'm sort of meh on it at this point.  It was about chalk value, just glad it's over with I suppose.

Jets have picked up former Giants TE/H back Will Tye off waiver.

Good claim. He's no superstar but had two productive seasons of 42 and 48 receptions in 2015 and 2016. Athletic for his size. Can block. Only 25.

The Jets offense will not be good this year. But at least with the additions of Kearse and Tye it will be less of a trainwreck than we thought it might be a few days ago.

Jets have picked up former Giants TE/H back Will Tye off waiver.
Good claim. He's no superstar but had two productive seasons of 42 and 48 receptions in 2015 and 2016. Athletic for his size. Can block. Only 25.
The Jets offense will not be good this year. But at least with the additions of Kearse and Tye it will be less of a trainwreck than we thought it might be a few days ago.

You guys got DaMore'a Stringfellow from us too. He had a 99-yard TD in the preseason. Showed some flashes, just no room for him. We wanted to stash him on the PS, but the Jets put in a claim. He should help your barren WR corps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

36 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

You guys got DaMore'a Stringfellow from us too. He had a 99-yard TD in the preseason. Showed some flashes, just no room for him. We wanted to stash him on the PS, but the Jets put in a claim. He should help your barren WR corps.

I remember his name from something, it was probably that 99 yarder from a pre season highlight package. Hope he's able to contribute. 

I remember his name from something, it was probably that 99 yarder from a pre season highlight package. Hope he's able to contribute. 

Without knowing a whole lot about Robbie Anderson or the Hanson kid, I'd say Stringfellow would probably be your next best option after Kearse at this point.

18 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

And almost for the lulz the Jets bring back Jeremy Kerley :P

Let's see if he gets the damn ball this time. Last time it was supposedly Gailey who buried him (though not like Bowles stepped up and did anything about it)

Kerley is a good little player. Jermaine Kearse, your 4 day reign as our #1 receiver is over.

Kerley/Kearse/Anderson as your 1-2-3 with Will Tye and ASJ as TE's. No real stars, but at least they're competent NFL'ers

It is a bit perplexing though, since Hanson and Stewart were starting to come on a bit as the preseason progressed.

Edited by '7'

Not trolling here, but what isn't quite clear to me is whether all of the Jets fans here are actually on board with the tank (at least now that they've chosen to go down that road) and are you basically rooting for the Jets to lose as much as possible, while perhaps showing that the core players that are on the team (Leonard Williams, Mo, Jamal Adams, etc) will be very good players for the future?

If it were my team, that's the boat I'd probably be in.  Same as, in hindsight, I would have hoped for a tank by the Devils in the McDavid and Matthews drafts.

I don't think the handful of Jet fans here are an accurate barometer.  Honestly I'm a bit conflicted on the whole thing...intellectually I know it's the right thing to do at the right time (I mean, even without Edelman the Pats are still a monolith for the next couple years), but I can't bring myself to root against them Week 1 either.  Especially with all the stupid talk about 0-16 and the Jets being 1000-1 against to win the Super Bowl when other tanking teams like the Browns are only 200-1 against.

Ironically the more that we get into the season the more losses benefit but the harder it will be to root for losses if you're actually seeing something from guys like Petty, the two safeties, etc.

Edited by NJDevs4978

16 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

And almost for the lulz the Jets bring back Jeremy Kerley :P

Talk about continuity.. Kerley's career with the Jets, reads like a casting call for Larry Sanders..

2011:  Derrick Mason, Plaxico Burress, Jeremy Kerley  --  OC: Brian Schottenheimer

2012:  Braylon Edwards, Santonio Holmes, Jeremy Kerley  --  OC: Tony Sparano

2013:  Jeremy Kerley, Clyde Gates, Stephen Hill  --  OC: Marty Mornhinweg

2014:  Percy Harvin, Eric Decker, Jeremy Kerley  --  OC: Marty Mornhinweg

2015:  Brandon Marshall, Quincy Enunwa, Jeremy Kerley  --  OC: Chan Gailey

2017:  Jermaine Kearse, Robby Anderson, Jeremy Kerley  --  OC: John Morton

55 minutes ago, Beezer34 said:

Talk about continuity.. Kerley's career with the Jets, reads like a casting call for Larry Sanders..

2011:  Derrick Mason, Plaxico Burress, Jeremy Kerley  --  OC: Brian Schottenheimer

2012:  Braylon Edwards, Santonio Holmes, Jeremy Kerley  --  OC: Tony Sparano

2013:  Jeremy Kerley, Clyde Gates, Stephen Hill  --  OC: Marty Mornhinweg

2014:  Percy Harvin, Eric Decker, Jeremy Kerley  --  OC: Marty Mornhinweg

2015:  Brandon Marshall, Quincy Enunwa, Jeremy Kerley  --  OC: Chan Gailey

2017:  Jermaine Kearse, Robby Anderson, Jeremy Kerley  --  OC: John Morton

i think the harsher reality is the fact that u have had 5 oc's in 6 yrs. damn dude

19 minutes ago, SS#4-Life said:

i think the harsher reality is the fact that u have had 5 oc's in 6 yrs. damn dude

6 if you include Tom Moore.. depending on who you believe, or what you read. Peter Schwartz once said that Moore was basically calling every play towards the end of the 2011 season.

12 minutes ago, '7' said:

And one of them was Tony Sporano. It's ridiculous turnover.

Even more upsetting is the front office. I have a feeling Maccagnan won't stick around for a 4th season after the inevitable 0-16 year we're about to have. The next guy will be the 4th GM since 2012. Think about that.

They're a joke organization. An organization that deserves all the negative press they get.

They've pretty much turned me into pro-tank in one half of football.  You'd figure the players would hear all this talk about 0-16 and go out and show SOME pride.  On OPENING DAY.  But nothing, nada - defense sucks, offense sucks, coaching sucks.  They're pretty much confirming all the negative press in record time.  If they don't care why should I?  Of course the players themselves could say the same thing about management but tough sh!t...you guys still need to get out there and play on OPENING DAY.

Only reason this is even a game is cause the Bills suck too.  This is CRASHER's anti-football glory type of game.

Edited by NJDevs4978

33 minutes ago, Daniel said:

On the bright side, Jamal Adams looks like a stud.  While he's a safety, he might be enough for me to tune in if I were a Jets fan.

Not if the defense continues to be this god-awful.  They're supposed to be the strength of the team, they've actually been the worse of the three units so far today :P

And Bowles making his usual moronic decisions chasing a two in the THIRD quarter now has the Jets down two scores instead of one.

Edited by NJDevs4978

5 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Geez Todd can you make it even more obvious either you don't have a clue or you don't care?  PUNTING the football down 9 with four minutes left at midfield, really?

Pretty much exactly what he did in Pittsburgh last season. Totally clueless in regards to situational football. 

We cannot get rid of him soon enough. I would definitely do it in season too. Once we're 0-3 or 0-4 just give the job to Kevin Greene or Kacy Rodgers. At least see what you have in one of these staff members.

9 hours ago, '7' said:

Pretty much exactly what he did in Pittsburgh last season. Totally clueless in regards to situational football. 

We cannot get rid of him soon enough. I would definitely do it in season too. Once we're 0-3 or 0-4 just give the job to Kevin Greene or Kacy Rodgers. At least see what you have in one of these staff members.

Bowles is a caretaker...do you really think that he survives beyond this season?  The Jets will bring in a real coach (not sure who it will be) next year...but for now, screw it, might as well just let him coach.   

Of course, the whole "caretaker" thing was supposed to be the plan with Terry Collins, but the GM could never be bothered to bring in a real manager (even as he was critical of him in his "Look at me I'm such a maverick" book)...but with the Jets likely to win three games or less, that will give the franchise the excuse it needs to can Bowles...and obviously, with decisions like punting when he did, Bowles will make it even easier for the Jets to get rid of him. 

2 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Bowles is a caretaker...do you really think that he survives beyond this season?  The Jets will bring in a real coach (not sure who it will be) next year...but for now, screw it, might as well just let him coach.   

Of course, the whole "caretaker" thing was supposed to be the plan with Terry Collins, but the GM could never be bothered to bring in a real manager (even as he was critical of him in his "Look at me I'm such a maverick" book)...but with the Jets likely to win three games or less, that will give the franchise the excuse it needs to can Bowles...and obviously, with decisions like punting when he did, Bowles will make it even easier for the Jets to get rid of him. 

i this point wouldnt it hav made more sense for the jets to just bring back fitzpatrick?

They never should've signed Fitz in the first place. Year 1 was an apparition. He walked into a situation where his o-line still had a Mangold & D'Brick, along with Winters, Carpenter and Giacomini. His WR's were Marshall, Decker, Kerley and a fantastic rookie named Enunwa. Behind him were Ivory & Powell in the backfield. On defense the front-office spent a fortune on the $econdary (Cromartie, Skrine, Revis, Gilchrist, etc) the front seven were: Harris, Richardson, Snacks, Wilkerson, Williams, Pace. Most importantly.... NOBODY got injured.

The roster wasn't the 99 Rams.. but it was enough to have a veteran QB muster up 9 wins (out of 10) against teams that were under .500 that season, with the 4th ranked easiest schedule in the league. --which is exactly what the Jets did-- That season was smoke & mirrors.. and an intelligent GM would've\should've recognized that, heading into the following year.

Edited by Beezer34