2018 JETS

Beezer34

18 minutes ago, Antiquated Colorado Rockie said:

Broncos should be easy pickins. QB situation is ridiculous. . . the only silver lining is the season is almost over and we'll get a high pick.

Eh. Wouldn't say that. They've been embarrassed of late and this could be the game they come out on fire. The Jets need to get up on them early. Our secondary is probably going to make Siemian look better than he is. And Denvers D can still give us some trouble. Tough to get a read on this game.

3 hours ago, '7' said:

Eh. Wouldn't say that. They've been embarrassed of late and this could be the game they come out on fire. The Jets need to get up on them early. Our secondary is probably going to make Siemian look better than he is. And Denvers D can still give us some trouble. Tough to get a read on this game.

We'll see. I just feel like the Broncos at this point have mailed it in. QB play has obviously been a killer. Their best bet for as win would probably be 57 year old John Elway himself coming down from the pressbox but even he probably wants to lose at this point to pick top 5. 

lol once again the Jets pull a no-show against a bad team, regular as clockwork.  The Broncos are absolute chud this season, they quit on the year weeks ago.  Everyone blows em out in Denver, even the lousy GIANTS blew them out in Denver.  But OF COURSE the Jets gotta go in there and stink it up.

And when Petty finally gets in and completes a couple of passes McCown's gotta rush back in and throw a pick :argh:  I was paying so little attention I didn't even realize it was McCown that threw the pick, I thought it was Petty throwing up a Damon Severson-like turnover.

7 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

lol once again the Jets pull a no-show against a bad team, regular as clockwork.  The Broncos are absolute chud this season, they quit on the year weeks ago.  Everyone blows em out in Denver, even the lousy GIANTS blew them out in Denver.  But OF COURSE the Jets gotta go in there and stink it up.

And when Petty finally gets in and completes a couple of passes McCown's gotta rush back in and throw a pick :argh:  I was paying so little attention I didn't even realize it was McCown that threw the pick, I thought it was Petty throwing up a Damon Severson-like turnover.

It's brain damage level idiocy. I know we're no great shakes but this game just reeks of lack of preparation and intensity. That's on Bowles. 

And an awful throw by McCown. 

18 hours ago, '7' said:

I guess you had the better forecast. From a Broncos pov I am wondering where the hell this came from after the previous 8 weeks when we lost to everyone including home games to substandard teams. Seems like the Jets have been at least competent this year but obviously had a lot of issues in this one. For Denver the offense finally pulled their weight and didn't make life so difficult for the d and could have beat most of those teams the last 8 weeks if they played like this. Siemien is still not a NFL caliber QB though. 

thank goodness we lost...  lose out and we are most likely picking 8th or 9th   petty waits 3 years for that garbage  see ya

bowles is useless, our defense is a mess.. denvers defense can turn it on when they want to.. bronco fans are pissed lol

we are going to get one of the top 4 or 5 QBs here.. unless belly benches his entire starting lineup  which he might  that would stink

On 12/10/2017 at 5:51 PM, '7' said:

And today is the final nail in the oft outclassed and outsmarted moron Todd Bowles coaching coffin

Think about this for a second: The Jets have lost 6 of their last 8 games, after starting the season 3-2. For all the platitudes the talking heads were giving Bowles early in the year, suggesting he deserved a contract extension.. just what exactly has happened this season that would inspire the front office to bring this joke back for a 4th season? :noclue: He's lost 20 of his last 29 games as a Head Coach, with the same discrepancies that plagued him his entire career. The defense (which was supposed to be his M.O.) has dropped from 11th last season, to 21st this season. There still remains disciplinary issues among the players. He continues to get out-coached each and every week. His time management is worse than Herm.. and we're all but guaranteed to finish 5-11 for a second season. -- At this point, bringing back Rex would be the equivalent to the Devils bringing back Lemaire in 2011.

19 hours ago, EdgeControl said:

thank goodness we lost...  lose out and we are most likely picking 8th or 9th

Actually, if a couple things break right for the Jets.. we could be looking at a Top 5 draft pick. There are currently only 8 teams with fewer wins than the Jets.. 4 of which with only a game that separates us. It would take a great deal of good fortune (and obviously the Jets to lose out) but it is possible that we could have the 5th.

There are 5 QB's projected to go in the 1st from the majority of mocks. Josh Rosen, Baker Mayfield, Sam Darnold, Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen. Assuming all of them come out.. it is still very likely the Jets can grab a QB from this draft, and continue their plan from July.

On 12/10/2017 at 4:58 PM, NJDevs4978 said:

When Petty finally gets in and completes a couple of passes McCown's gotta rush back in and throw a pick.

From everything I have been hearing, Petty looked absolutely awful on Sunday. I haven't watched a Jets game since Week 4 of last season under protest, so I can't say for sure.

What does this say for Hackenberg? --a second round pick, who can't even get on the field against a 4th round guy, who looks absolutely terrible. This entire administration has got to go.

3 minutes ago, Beezer34 said:

Actually, if a couple things break right for the Jets.. we could be looking at a Top 5 draft pick. There are currently only 8 teams with fewer wins than the Jets.. 4 of which with only a game that separates us. It would take a great deal of good fortune (and obviously the Jets to lose out) but it is possible that we could have the 5th.

There are 5 QB's projected to go in the 1st from the majority of mocks. Josh Rosen, Baker Mayfield, Sam Darnold, Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen. Assuming all of them come out.. it is still very likely the Jets can grab a QB from this draft, and continue their plan from July.

jets will finish in the 8 or 9th spot.. the problem is that there are weaker teams on top of us which have solved their QB issues.. meaning teams below us can trade up.  i.e. buffalo with the 49ers and anyone with the colts.. even at 8 we will need to move up for mayfield or Allen to insure a top 5 QB...

petty was garbage..

mccown was acting like he lost his chance at the superbowl, cmon josh we won 5 fricken games.. you DIDNT SCORE ONE POINT.. go away

I'm lukewarm on Mac. He didn't hire Bowles and I feel Mac deserves to at least hire his own coach. But if ends up going and the Jets start fresh in 2018 with a new GM/Coach/QB...I won't be heartbroken

Regarding McCown, he's done great this year under some difficult circumstances. Really feel for him. Not like we were going anywhere but he's all heart and guts. But it is time to give Petty a look. On the road in New Orleans...could get ugly.

14 minutes ago, '7' said:

I'm lukewarm on Mac. He didn't hire Bowles and I feel Mac deserves to at least hire his own coach. But if ends up going and the Jets start fresh in 2018 with a new GM/Coach/QB...I won't be heartbroken

Regarding McCown, he's done great this year under some difficult circumstances. Really feel for him. Not like we were going anywhere but he's all heart and guts. But it is time to give Petty a look. On the road in New Orleans...could get ugly.

I think this is the question with the GM, do you think the Jets would have drafted Watson if not for picking Hackenberg the year before?  If that's the case, he has to be on thin ice.  It means that he spent a second round pick on a huge question mark, passed up on a real QB in order to tank, and then maybe didn't even get the QB he was hoping to get after trying to tank.  Tough call.

Oh Petty was terrible in the second half no doubt. But literally so was everyone that put the uniform on or a coaching headset. Maybe the backup long snapper played well, that’s about it. And Todd didn’t exactly help matters, he gave up the game BEFORE HALFTIME. No excuse at all not to call timeout and save 35 seconds before McManus’s FG, then they would have had 1:10 and two timeouts to try to score, no excuse to run draw after draw in the fourth quarter instead of letting Petty try to find a rhythm, no excuse for Petty throwing a grand total of nine passes despite being behind the whole game..

23 hours ago, Daniel said:

I think this is the question with the GM, do you think the Jets would have drafted Watson if not for picking Hackenberg the year before?  If that's the case, he has to be on thin ice.  It means that he spent a second round pick on a huge question mark, passed up on a real QB in order to tank, and then maybe didn't even get the QB he was hoping to get after trying to tank.  Tough call.

I don't recall hearing the Jets being high on Watson. His sample size as it is is still small...though great. There were concerns with his throwing velocity. Wonderlic wasn't good. If not for Hack I'd say they still pass on him because they were already keyed in on the 2018 class and free agents. Plus they loved Adams. Were praying he'd fall to them. He did, and hasn't exactly blown anybody away. But then again who does flourish under Bowles?

Saving grace is that there wasn't much taken around Hackenberg in that 2nd round that we really missed out on. If they wanted to take a chance, I suppose that was an ok time.

21 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Oh Petty was terrible in the second half no doubt. But literally so was everyone that put the uniform on or a coaching headset. Maybe the backup long snapper played well, that’s about it. And Todd didn’t exactly help matters, he gave up the game BEFORE HALFTIME. No excuse at all not to call timeout and save 35 seconds before McManus’s FG, then they would have had 1:10 and two timeouts to try to score, no excuse to run draw after draw in the fourth quarter instead of letting Petty try to find a rhythm, no excuse for Petty throwing a grand total of nine passes despite being behind the whole game..

That was inexcusable. The color commentator guy kept bringing it up too. To forfeit that early...quite pathetic and meek.

Jets won't win on Sunday but I'd like to see what Morton can do with Petty. Open up the playbook and let him make some plays. There will be mistakes. But he's a gunslinger at heart so none of this 2009 Sanchez manage the game BS. Season is over, Jets will be officially eliminated sometime on Sunday so might as well go down fighting and not any of this super conservative BS we saw in Denver

Watching this latest disaster, it's embarrassing just how unfathomably outclassed, outcoached, out prepared Todd Bowles is in every way. He frighteningly stupid and unprepared

It doesn't even look like he knows how to call defensive plays in any way

5 minutes ago, '7' said:

Watching this latest disaster, it's embarrassing just how unfathomably outclassed, outcoached, out prepared Todd Bowles is in every way. He frighteningly stupid and unprepared

It doesn't even look like he knows how to call defensive plays in any way

Not to mention the team looks about as noncompetitive as the Giants did during the back-to-back games with the Rams and 49ers that finished off MacAdoo and Reese.

20 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Not to mention the team looks about as noncompetitive as the Giants did during the back-to-back games with the Rams and 49ers that finished off MacAdoo and Reese.

Yes. And we saw it last year too. We saw it week 17 vs. Buffalo in 2015. Maybe not non competitive but out prepared and out classed. By Rex Ryan

Just now, EdgeControl said:

OK, Ive seen enough of bryce.. 3 years for this? really.. start hack for garbage duty next 2 weeks  and draft a QB and bring in a young bust as backup    mccown serves zero purpose 

His mechanics are still bad. I mean come on already.

Pretty sure Hackenberg would have the same issues.

McCown as a backup next year I'd be fine with

49 minutes ago, '7' said:

Petty really is the NFL equivalent of a AAAA player. Great in pre season. Yet when he gets into an NFL game....accuracy issues (low throws left and right) inconsistent footwork, flustered.

Yeah pretty much.

Saints haven't impressed me much at all so far, they refuse to put this game away and they can't stop the run even when they know the Jets are going to run.