2018 JETS

Beezer34

2 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Yeah pretty much.

Saints haven't impressed me much at all so far, they refuse to put this game away and they can't stop the run even when they know the Jets are going to run. 

I would give some credit to the Saints D, they're not the paper thin unit that just hope to hang on for dear life as Brees tries to win every game 47-40 anymore. There is actually talent at every level of the D now. Granted you don't need much of it to befuddle Petty.

But yes Saints should be up by at least 17 now. They're just playing very sloppy.

8 minutes ago, EdgeControl said:

Buster skr ine is everywhere today,  do we keep him?

Skrine usually sucks, I don't know what's gotten into him today - a contract push?  I'd be okay with him as a nickel guy but he's not a starting corner.

9 minutes ago, '7' said:

I would give some credit to the Saints D, they're not the paper thin unit that just hope to hang on for dear life as Brees tries to win every game 47-40 anymore. There is actually talent at every level of the D now. Granted you don't need much of it to befuddle Petty.

But yes Saints should be up by at least 17 now. They're just playing very sloppy.

They've been better in the second half and haven't given up much other than the one drive where we just ran over them, but I can't give their D too much credit for today after the way Denver abused us last week.  

13 minutes ago, EdgeControl said:

New Orleans is trying their best to hand this game to us, thank goodness Bryce will not take it.. it would be a damaging win.. we need to lose out and stay at eight

I would take a meaningless win if Petty actually showed me something but the dude can't even make three-yard out throws cleanly.  If he's this bad imagine just how bad Hackenberg is :P

6 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

I would take a meaningless win if Petty actually showed me something but the dude can't even make three-yard out throws cleanly.  If he's this bad imagine just how bad Hackenberg is :P

No no no , lose out please, ......hack is hermen munster bad.. perfect for the next two weeks of his career

8 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

The pressure of a real game seemed to be getting to him. Maybe it's how fast things are moving...poorly executed footwork. At least he generally knows where the ball is supposed to go unlike Sanchez. But he's just grounding too many easy throws.

lol two TD 'drives' in the game for Petty, one mostly running the ball, one off a stupid pass interference penalty.  And the Saints refuse to let this game die.

9 minutes ago, EdgeControl said:

No no no , lose out please, ......hack is hermen munster bad.. perfect for the next two weeks of his career

What's the difference at this point between 5-11 and 7-9?  I can't get wrapped up in the difference between picks 8 and pick 12.  

1 minute ago, NJDevs4978 said:

lol two TD 'drives' in the game for Petty, one mostly running the ball, one off a stupid pass interference penalty.  And the Saints refuse to let this game die.

What's the difference at this point between 5-11 and 7-9?  I can't get wrapped up in the difference between picks 8 and pick 12.  

If you ARE going after a qb it makes a big difference.. if not then I agree.. we need a qb

5 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

There's a bunch of them that are going in the top half of the draft and anyway the majority of top QB's in the league are not top ten picks, contrary to popular belief.

I'm not into cheap entertainment,  way too much of that the last few years..  I want to control who I pick...even if I don't trust mccagnan 

32 minutes ago, '7' said:

I'm starting to warm up to the idea of a proven commodity. Just going out and getting Cousins.

thats a tough call.. he just seems to be snakebit.. plays like a FQB  yet its 8-8 kirk  .. coming into this year I had josh rosen as our guy for the next 15 years.. oh well SOJ  .. 4978 is right QBs are a crap shoot at best

On 12/17/2017 at 4:16 PM, NJDevs4978 said:

There's a bunch of them that are going in the top half of the draft and anyway the majority of top QB's in the league are not top ten picks, contrary to popular belief.

Be that as it may.. you still want the schmuck we have picking the guy? In two years (2015-2017) the four gems that our moron of a GM acquired are: Fitz\McCown via free agency, and Hack\Petty via draft. The one guy he decided to pass on was Watson. That's Mac's QB acumen in a nutshell.

I want him as far away from our pick as possible. Neither him nor Bowles deserves a 4th season imo. Show them both the door.

IMG_7324.PNG

7 minutes ago, Beezer34 said:

Be that as it may.. you still want the schmuck we have picking the guy? In two years (2015-2017) the four gems that our moron of a GM acquired are: Fitz\McCown via free agency, and Hack\Petty via draft. The one guy he decided to pass on was Watson. That's Mac's QB acumen in a nutshell.

I want him as far away from our pick as possible. Neither him nor Bowles deserves a 4th season imo. Show them both the door.

Amen to that, hack was one of the most uncomfortable qb's ive seen in a good while.. poor kid was ruined at penn st and mac goes in and tries to save him, yet doesnt put any time into him because bowles doesnt report to him.. the organization is a dysfunctional cluster $#&@  unfortunately if someone who can develop a passer is not brought in, we need to go cast off vet again.. horrible cycle... 5 wins and they are awarding bowles coach of the year when his defense is below average with 10 first rounders

I’m not trying to be a Mac apologist but let’s be fair, we got two out of three above average seasons from the older stopgaps and Petty was a fourth round flier, nobody you should really be expecting anything from. Of those four Hack is the real black mark imo and even he was ‘only’ a mid second rounder. Macc’s drafts on the whole are still a severe question mark but he did make some good low-cost pickups, particularly on offense.

Besides I’m all aboard getting Cousins over the younger guys anyway. With our top three WR including Enunwa and Powell/McGuire plus the TE it could be a nice offense with the right QB. But they do need offensive line and defensive upgrades too.

50 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

I’m not trying to be a Mac apologist but let’s be fair, we got two out of three above average seasons from the older stopgaps and Petty was a fourth round flier, nobody you should really be expecting anything from. Of those four Hack is the real black mark imo and even he was ‘only’ a mid second rounder. Macc’s drafts on the whole are still a severe question mark but he did make some good low-cost pickups, particularly on offense.

When I see McCown & Fitzpatrick.. I see two veterans that never should've been signed in the first place. Like when John Idzik signed David Garrard & Michael Vick. When I see Petty (a late round QB) I see Tajh Boyd. When I see Hackenberg, a 2nd round QB who slipped out of the 1st FOR A REASON.. I see Geno Smith. When I look at our drafts the last few years.. I see MANY similarities to 2013 & 2014. I see alot of the same sh!t overall when I look at Mike Maccagnan, as I saw in John Idzik. The difference? -Maccagnan will be here for a 4th season (and beyond) and Idzik was shown the door after 2 years. When I look at Todd Bowles.. I see a defensive coordinator, who "just doesn't have enough talent around him" to be successful. The exact same excuse that was echo'd for Rex Ryan. --and THAT is what this administration is! More of the same.

There are really only two ways to look at it: You either A) Admit that it was a mistake to pull the trigger on the Rex\Idzik era. Or B). Give the same verdict to these two idiots.. and start over again. I for one would like to start over again.. especially if we are to pick a QB in the draft. I want an OFFENSIVE MIND handling that kid's development. Not a glorified DC. I am DONE with those days.

Edited by Beezer34

2015 Fitzpatrick and 2017 McCown in no way compare to two washed up guys who couldn’t even play football anymore.

And as far as Idzik, he actively tanked for two years to undermine Rex, that’s why he got fired and hasn’t sniffed a GM job since (short circuiting at that mid season presser didn’t help either) whereas Rex had just run his course after four years of not having a winning record and they couldn’t justify giving him a third GM. Most other non Idzik GM’s get at least four years. I agree on Bowles, I’ve seen enough of him but the GM and coach seem attached at the hip so I don’t think he’s going anywhere either.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I was barely paying attention at all in the first half but noticed Petty injured himself early, why are they still letting him go out there when it's obvious he can't play with a banged up elbow or shoulder, whatever it is?  Not like he's even accurate when 'healthy'.

Edited by NJDevs4978

3 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

I was barely paying attention at all in the first half but noticed Petty injured himself early, why are they still letting him go out there when it's obvious he can't play with a banged up elbow or shoulder, whatever it is?  Not like he's even accurate when 'healthy'.

Yea Petty seemed a bit banged up. Kept flexing the right arm and hand. There wasnt any drop in velocity and it didnt seem that bothersome...the Jets probably have no interest in putting Hack out there with how clueless he'd appear. As bad as Petty has been I bet Hackenberg would've been horrific