2018 JETS

Beezer34

Impressed by Darnold that first half. No offensive line, no weapons everywhere, and he dragged us down the field at the end of the half to make it 16-9 (should be 10 but Myers missed the PAT) He's the only reason we're somehow in this game against a very solid team. I just hope we get Sam some legitimate help this offseason because today has been all him

18 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

lol guess this was the best of both worlds, another solid game for Darnold with no turnovers but the rest of the team was just inept enough to come up short :P

Yes it was. Back to back good efforts by Darnold with a crumbling team around him. I can't wait to see what he can do with legitimate weapons. With a legitimate line and head coach. He's right on the precipice of where things are clicking in for good. His decision making, his accuracy, improvisational skills on the field. And he's still only 21 but advancing rapidly.

Edited by '7'

I'll take today's result in a nanosecond - another great game for Darnold, another loss closer to a top pick but MY GOD the refs wanted the Packers to win on that last drive.  Going to replay just to call an offsetting penalty is just so NFL inventing rules when they want to invent a rule.  I actually feel for my two Jet fan friends that went and were in the cold for four hours lol, I had a chance to go with them too but didn't feel like being in the cold for three hours of a meaningless game (four as it worked out) and was already going to the stupid Devils game that I left in the second intermission :P

Edited by NJDevs4978

3 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

I'll take today's result in a nanosecond - another great game for Darnold, another loss closer to a top pick but MY GOD the refs wanted the Packers to win on that last drive.  Going to replay just to call an offsetting penalty is just so NFL inventing rules when they want to invent a rule.  I actually feel for my two Jet fan friends that went and were in the cold for four hours lol, I had a chance to go with them too but didn't feel like being in the cold for three hours of a meaningless game (four as it worked out) and was already going to the stupid Devils game that I left in the second intermission :P

I understand what you're saying, but big picture if frauds like this are allowed to passed off as legitimate unbiased football games then it doesn't matter who the Jets draft, or what the Jets do. When the league presses the screw the Jets button, the Jets lose. What was perpetrated on us today is never allowed to be perpetrated on other teams

This was not a legitimate sporting event I'm sorry

And Bowles is a dope but he was 100% correct. We played the Packers and the Striped Shirts. I'm still waiting for the league to pay us back after the ASJ BS stolen TD last year

Edited by '7'

4 minutes ago, '7' said:

I understand what you're saying, but big picture if frauds like this are allowed to passed off as legitimate unbiased football games then it doesn't matter who the Jets draft, or what the Jets do. When the league presses the screw the Jets button, the Jets lose. What was perpetrated on us today is never allowed to be perpetrated on other teams

This was not a legitimate sporting event I'm sorry

Was it screw the Jets or was it kiss Aaron Rodgers' ass like he's an NBA star?  I was almost surprised they gave them a holding penalty on the first TD but I guess they figured it was first down they'd still have time to get it in the endzone anyway :P  The NFL invents rules when it wants to, ask Gruden about the tuck rule, ask the Seahawks about that Steelers Super Bowl.

I understand the Jets getting 'reputation calls' but when it's so bad even Todd Bowles is complaining they were playing against the Packers and the refs that's...telling.  Honestly I didn't even see the first half so apparently I missed one of the worst ones yet and throwing Leonard Williams out when he didn't actually throw a punch.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Jim Harbaugh has denied he will leave Michigan after this season. The Jets insist they are not interested in Jim Harbaugh.

Those are some hurdles to the Jets landing Jim Harbaugh.

“Todd Bowles is our Head Coach,” Jets CEO Christopher Johnson said in a statement Monday morning. “There is no truth to the report of our interest in Jim Harbaugh.”

https://nypost.com/2018/12/24/jets-immediately-try-to-put-out-the-jim-harbaugh-fire/?fbclid=IwAR1QEkUglC5rIyYD2mQPkTvVvZrx3-KDBjnQ9CTQgX7yJw_JMdMnuEHue4U

The Jets are interested in Harbaugh. There is no question this is true. One of the camps leaked this. Could be Harbaugh, could be someone with the Jets.

This is exactly how an organization has to respond though when they still haven't fired their current coach. Pay no mind to what the Jets or Harbaugh says here. Something is going on

I still don't see it, Harbaugh would really make himself persona non grata at Michigan if he left now and he'd have to get full control which I'm not sure he's likely to get unless they throw Mac overboard too but other than Parcells I'm used to us coming in second for the big fish too :P  Plus as you or someone else pointed out, Ross is likely to be heavily involved in a bidding war if there is one.  Of course the Ross connection aside if I'm Harbaugh I'd rather go to the Jets with Darnold so there's that.

On 12/26/2018 at 6:49 PM, NJDevs4978 said:

I still don't see it, Harbaugh would really make himself persona non grata at Michigan if he left now and he'd have to get full control which I'm not sure he's likely to get unless they throw Mac overboard too but other than Parcells I'm used to us coming in second for the big fish too :P  Plus as you or someone else pointed out, Ross is likely to be heavily involved in a bidding war if there is one.  Of course the Ross connection aside if I'm Harbaugh I'd rather go to the Jets with Darnold so there's that.

Can't rule out the fact that Harbaugh may be playing footsie with the Jets in order to spook Michigan into restructuring his contract for more money.

Depends on how high the Jets are willing to go. Harbaugh makes 7 million per year. With endorsements and such it's probably closer to 9. A 10 or 11 million year offer by the Jets is not going to get his attention. If it's something like 14-15 million a year...it's going to be hard for him to say no

1 hour ago, '7' said:

Can't rule out the fact that Harbaugh may be playing footsie with the Jets in order to spook Michigan into restructuring his contract for more money.

Depends on how high the Jets are willing to go. Harbaugh makes 7 million per year. With endorsements and such it's probably closer to 9. A 10 or 11 million year offer by the Jets is not going to get his attention. If it's something like 14-15 million a year...it's going to be hard for him to say no

I don't know about 14-15 a year but it'd definitely take a Gruden-type contract in all likelihood.

Edited by NJDevs4978

lol to think I actually thought they had a shot in this one with the way Darnold has been playing combined with how bad the Pats have looked in their recent games.  This game IS the perfect prism for Bowles' entire failed term here.  Completely laid down when the fans actually wanted them to win again and stick it to the Pats.

Typical BB running reverses in the fourth quarter up 31-3.  Not that it really matters.

Yeah Has, you pretty much summed up Bowles' entire, sorry career in one post.  Guy will NEVER get another NFL head coaching gig.

Game said far more about Bowles' Jets than it did about the Pats.  I thought at the very least, it could be an unconvincing Patriot win...but I did think the Jets had a shot to pull off an upset, under the right circumstances.

Pats should REALLY count their luckies that the Dolphin disaster didn't cost them as much as it could have.  That loss really should have cost them a bye.

Darnold was the only one who showed up but his entire offensive line quit. Really for all the glowing things the players say about Bowles, all they do is show up unprepared and quit. The total amount of times this team has been out-schemed over the past 4 yeas is enormous. Add to the fact that they get out-hustled too. And the Johnsons allowed this to continue. They endorsed this garbage

Yea actually I'm a bit surprised it was just after the game. I'd figure if they'd come this far with Bowles they'd probably wait until Black Monday, but no this was pretty quick and abrupt. Whoever the Jets are targeting they clearly want to be first out of the gate

19 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah Has, you pretty much summed up Bowles' entire, sorry career in one post.  Guy will NEVER get another NFL head coaching gig.

Game said far more about Bowles' Jets than it did about the Pats.  I thought at the very least, it could be an unconvincing Patriot win...but I did think the Jets had a shot to pull off an upset, under the right circumstances.

Pats should REALLY count their luckies that the Dolphin disaster didn't cost them as much as it could have.  That loss really should have cost them a bye.

Bowles most definitely will. Teams have interest already from what I saw.