2018 JETS

Beezer34

6 hours ago, '7' said:

Raiders set to introduce Gruden as HC, so worried he'd pluck Morton from our staff. Would totally suck. We have to do all it takes to retain him as offensive coordinator.

He's safe, going a different route.. for now that is.. Lots of new HC coming up

Very much against Morton getting fired. Thought he did a GREAT job considering the circumstances.

And a dolt like Kacy Rodgers is still around. Of course.

Also we have the weird situation with Bruce Arians who is rumored to be involved somehow with our 2018 training camp. I figured in some sort of consulting role like Tom Moore was years ago

Edited by '7'

13 hours ago, '7' said:

And yes Shefter is saying Bates or Haley as his replacement.

Keep an eye on Haley. I think the timing of Morton being shown the door, less than 24 hours after Haley departing Pittsburgh is beyond coincidence. Haley & Bowles also worked together as assistants under Tuna in Dallas from 2004-2007.. and again in 1999 & 2000 with the Jets! (also under Tuna)

I thought Morton did a fine job here with the Jets.... but I would absolutely love Todd Haley.

12 minutes ago, Beezer34 said:

Keep an eye on Haley. I think the timing of Morton being shown the door, less than 24 hours after Haley departing Pittsburgh is beyond coincidence. Haley & Bowles also worked together as assistants under Tuna in Dallas from 2004-2007.. and again in 1999 & 2000 with the Jets! (also under Tuna)

I thought Morton did a fine job here with the Jets.... but I would absolutely love Todd Haley.

Yes overall Haley is the better coordinator with more of a proven track record, though there was some friction with Roethlisberger he got consistently good results out of that offense (having top end talent helped as well)

Haley has HC experience though (even got KC to a playoff game) so I wonder if Bowles will be wary hiring somebody who may replace him

21 hours ago, Beezer34 said:

It probably isn't a coincidence but let's remember that they were perfectly willing to let Morton walk out the door before Haley ever got axed (when the Raiders ostensibly wanted to interview him).  I wasn't in love with Morton in the second half either - the whole giving up in Denver and not exactly letting Petty throw more than five yards down the field while throwing too many passes with McCown on the goalline at times - but can the Jets actually have a o-coordinator for more than two seasons at a time?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2018 at 1:48 PM, '7' said:

Definitely a 4 game suspension coming up there. Will be lucky if it's any less

Great culture we have here under Bowles. 

Some of the crap anderson was yelling at the cop is beyond disturbing .. kid is on serious roids or has serious mental issues .. both!  what an Fn idiot

49 minutes ago, EdgeControl said:

Some of the crap anderson was yelling at the cop is beyond disturbing .. kid is on serious roids or has serious mental issues .. both!  what an Fn idiot

Just by looking at him...can't be roids. But he is messed up and needs to be on meds

On 1/31/2018 at 11:29 AM, MadDog2020 said:

I think Cousins will be a Jet. He and Bates are tight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They'll be in on him but I think the organization is torn. That much money who is maybe top 10, but falls outside the Brady/Rodgers/Brees/Roethlisberger/Wentz(soon) elite rung

I think the Jets are pretty intrigued by Mayfield and Allen too.

13 hours ago, '7' said:

They'll be in on him but I think the organization is torn. That much money who is maybe top 10, but falls outside the Brady/Rodgers/Brees/Roethlisberger/Wentz(soon) elite rung

I think the Jets are pretty intrigued by Mayfield and Allen too.

yup, paying top 5 money for a top 15 QB isnt smart.. but this franchise has shown they are really stupid .. denver, minny are much better fits

denver may go eli.. dont think they want to gamble on a rookie with that defenses' clock ticking

4 hours ago, EdgeControl said:

yup, paying top 5 money for a top 15 QB isnt smart.. but this franchise has shown they are really stupid .. denver, minny are much better fits

denver may go eli.. dont think they want to gamble on a rookie with that defenses' clock ticking

Plus with the Jets he's going to take up a chunk of cap room. It'll be tough to build a complete, consistent contender with that albatross of a contract. Ideally you want to draft your guy and build an outstanding team while he's on his rookie deal.

1 hour ago, '7' said:

Plus with the Jets he's going to take up a chunk of cap room. It'll be tough to build a complete, consistent contender with that albatross of a contract. Ideally you want to draft your guy and build an outstanding team while he's on his rookie deal.

I guess the question to ask is who was the last free agent QB to really improve his new team in terms of wins and losses, since QBs that have it in themselves to do that rarely, rarely make it to free agency.  I can only think of two in recent memory, Brees and Peyton Manning.  Manning is obviously an outlier in the sense that it was really unique circumstances that led him to being a free agent and the only issue with him was health.  Brees was much more of a gamble.  It wasn’t just his injury, but also that he had only previously shown he could be a quality QB, but not the HOFer he is now.  

It’s a very tough spot the Jets are in.  There’s no right answer, Cousins or a first round QB.  But if they get it wrong, it’s more years of the same old same old.

The Jets aren't going to enter any sort of elite level next year, but the NFL is a league of quick turnarounds if things fall into place and the Jets will have a ton of cap room plus the full allotment of picks and a second 2nd rounder to improve the team.

The more I look at Cousins the more I see a guy who Washington gave every chance to prove he was elite and he just never did. He was good and sometimes very good. And sometimes average. But he never cracked that elite level. So they finally cut him loose. I really can't blame him. They decided he wasn't the guy who will get them over the hump. Neither will Alex Smith though he'll be the bridge to whoever they feel will the the QB of the future.

The best thing for this organization is to maybe bring back McCown and draft Mayfield. McCown has stated he'd be fine tutoring a QB of the future. Then we can use some of the $ that would have been allocated to Cousins to bolster other parts of the team

Edited by '7'
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Report: Jets will pay “whatever it takes” to get Kirk Cousins

Posted by Mike Florio on February 19, 2018, 10:48 AM EST

The Jets apparently want Kirk Cousins. They apparently want him badly enough that they’re willing to break the bank for him.

According to Rich Cimini of ESPN.com, the Jets are “willing to pay whatever it takes” to get him.

This report comes amid a belief that the Jets may be willing to fully guarantee Cousins’ deal. The notion of paying “whatever it takes” becomes far more open-ended than that, especially since there’s no way of knowing what it will take until knowing what another team will pay.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/19/report-jets-will-pay-whatever-it-takes-to-get-kirk-cousins/

Well I guess time will tell regarding the validity of this report. If they have done their research on any and all options this offseason and they feel Cousins is the guy...then go ahead and do it (and I wouldn't be against still drafting a QB even if we sign Cousins) There are a lot of things he does well, there are red flags too. At this point I'm leaning towards bringing back McCown and drafting Mayfield