2018 JETS

Beezer34

Just now, NJDevs4978 said:

Well not like it'd be the first time this regime brought in a guy of questionable character :P  But yeah you can't argue it talentwise, he's had some decent numbers considering the dumpster fire he played on.

He reminds me of Chris Ivory. I can see him giving us the same sort or production too with only more on the receiving end.

If they’re drafting a QB in the first round, it’s a lot to spend on whoever ends up not suiting up.  But when you have a ton of cap space, I guess it doesn’t matter that much.  

The other possibility is that they figure the QB they really want is going to be gone and they’re not willing to pay the price to move up.  

I dunno, if I were a Jets fan I’d be really disappointed if they don’t select a QB with their first pick, but we’ll see.

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

If they’re drafting a QB in the first round, it’s a lot to spend on whoever ends up not suiting up.  But when you have a ton of cap space, I guess it doesn’t matter that much.  

The other possibility is that they figure the QB they really want is going to be gone and they’re not willing to pay the price to move up.  

I dunno, if I were a Jets fan I’d be really disappointed if they don’t select a QB with their first pick, but we’ll see.

They have to draft a qb or the fan base will implode.. teams have to alot 20+ mil to qbs these days so the one year deals are nothing..and shouldn't effect or draft intentions..

1 hour ago, CarterforPresident said:

Signing Avery Williamson from the Titans. Some good moves for the Jets so far.

He's a top run stuffing inside linebacker. Good pickup. Probably end of the line for Demario Davis as he wants too much $. Not much in terms of coverage skills (and neither was Davis) Maybe Darron Lee finally gets that part of his game down this season? 

Edited by '7'

I actually think there's a possibility that if Bridgewater play well in training camp and pre season, and the Jets are settled and content with their QB of the future (whoever it may be) they may well just trade Teddy before the season to a team who suffers an injury to their starter. Unless of course Bridgewater somehow blows people away with his performance (which I doubt)

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

I know some Jets fans who wanted a QB in the 1st even if they signed Cousins

It's unforgivable this year for them not to draft one. If they don't then they'd better be right and this entire class has to end up mediocre at best to justify it. If they feel like they really want a guy it's time to go all in. I think we (well the whole division, the whole AFC really)  smells the Patriots window closing. This is one of those times where the fan base won't crucify you for giving up a lot to secure your franchise QB

6 hours ago, '7' said:

I know some Jets fans who wanted a QB in the 1st even if they signed Cousins

It's unforgivable this year for them not to draft one. If they don't then they'd better be right and this entire class has to end up mediocre at best to justify it. If they feel like they really want a guy it's time to go all in. I think we (well the whole division, the whole AFC really)  smells the Patriots window closing. This is one of those times where the fan base won't crucify you for giving up a lot to secure your franchise QB

Im afraid that mikey is setting himself up to not move up for a QB which is the same as not taking one because at 6 the top 4 passers will be long gone.. and that would suck

I don’t think all four guys will be gone at 6, you still have a ‘generational’ RB and an impact pass rusher who’ll probably go in the top five. Cleveland is obviously not taking two QB’s though they could trade down with one of their picks. 

But we’ll probably be down to QB4 and the top o-lineman (which wouldn’t completely suck, except for the fact you have one-year QB’s) at 6.

Edited by NJDevs4978

8 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

I don’t think all four guys will be gone at 6, you still have a ‘generational’ RB and an impact pass rusher who’ll probably go in the top five. Cleveland is obviously not taking two QB’s though they could trade down with one of their picks. 

But we’ll probably be down to QB4 and the top o-lineman (which wouldn’t completely suck, except for the fact you have one-year QB’s) at 6.

Have a feeling the Jets are going to make the big move this year. Cleveland is open to trading the 1 or 4 and I think the Colts are open to trading 3. I think the Jets will jump into one of those three slots and get their guy

Edited by '7'
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, '7' said:

Have a feeling the Jets are going to make the big move this year. Cleveland is open to trading the 1 or 4 and I think the Colts are open to trading 3. I think the Jets will jump into one of those three slots and get their guy

They do that, they better pick the right guy. They don’t want to get played like Chicago did last year.

8 minutes ago, Daniel said:

They do that, they better pick the right guy. They don’t want to get played like Chicago did last year.

I was shocked to see all in on such a question mark as Trubisky. Plenty of experts were saying in a stronger QB year he'd be a 2nd round guy. 

This is a tantalizing year with QB's. None absolutely stamped themself as a true can't miss blue chip guy in this college season. No giants leaps forward. But they all still have fairly high pro level ceilings if fully developed along with huge areas of concern with each one (Allen completion percentage, Rosen durability/commitment). The Jets are doing a ton of research may may very well Jet it up as usual. Nobody has any faith in them to get it right. Nor should they.

Edited by '7'

4 minutes ago, '7' said:

Jets bring back Mo Claiborne. 1 year, 7 million dollars. Curious if they're in on Tyrann Mathieu

I can't think they would be now that they have a starting secondary of the two kids, Johnson and Claiborne but maybe they want the freaking dream team in the secondary.  Heck maybe they need the dream team in the secondary if the front seven's just going to be meh at best.

Just now, NJDevs4978 said:

I can't think they would be now that they have a starting secondary of the two kids, Johnson and Claiborne but maybe they want the freaking dream team in the secondary.  Heck maybe they need the dream team in the secondary if the front seven's just going to be meh at best.

I think what Bowles really wants is that versatile, speedy secondary. Mathieu would be a great addition but we really need to turn our attention to bolstering the O-Line soon. I like the center we picked up from Washington. Upgrade over Wesley Johnson. But we still need more. We also need to have Darron Lee finally learn how to cover somebody this offseason.

No TE now with ASJ signing with the Jaguars. Leggett was hurt all of last year. Maybe they have faith in him making an immediate impact but if not Eric Ebron is out there.

It's good for the Colts in that they'll still get a Chubb or the big guard at #6, or they'll be able to trade down again if one of the QB's falls.  It's good for us that we didn't have to give up another first rounder to move up, three second rounders hurts but it's not like the Jets have a wonderful history at drafting in the second round though Maye might be good, Macc still has Devin Smith and Hackenberg among his second-round picks :P

I wasn't completely opposed to us staying put and settling for a non-QB but if you're going to get one you had to move up and try to get something resembling your pick.  And honestly I was a little suspect on the Wyoming kid anyway, I could live with any of the other three.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Hallelujah,  can't believe we actually did this... yes were the jets and we'll choose the wrong one, but you HAVE TO TRY.... I'm happy dancing like when we traded for taylor hall.. top 3 qb in a strong qb class.. hoping it's rosen... but it's probably Mayfield or allen

Edited by EdgeControl

This absolutely had to be done and I'm elated. They are unquestionably drafting who they think will be their franchise QB

Either the Jets knew who the Browns and Giants were selecting, it wasn't their #1 guy,  and jumped up to secure their top choice OR the Jets were high on 3 of the 4 QB's. They couldn't take a chance that all 4 would be gone by 6 so they jumped up. Now they guarantee themselves that at least 2 of the 4 will be standing after NYG/Cle. Maybe 3 of the 4 will be standing. But they will not be left to take pretty much Josh Allen (who I feel is 4 of 4) but they'll have a Mayfield or Rosen or Darnold standing there with him.

This also shows what the orgs true feelings on Bridgewater are. 

I thought the Jets may trade up.  Not in mid March though. It shows that they are really impressed with what they saw recently. What's interesting is they've been big on Mayfield, trailing him. They move up to 3. Now Cimini comes out with a report saying Mac does not think Mayfield is a top 3 guy. Baldfaced lie/smokescreen. Just like Trubisky was our guy last year. Just like we were going to get Cousins. The Jets made absolutely NO run on Cousins. I think they wanted him at one point early in the process but towards the end there was a consensus to go draft.

Edited by '7'
  • Like 1