2018 JETS

Beezer34

6 hours ago, CarterforPresident said:

Looks like the Jets offered a lot to get JMcKinnon but J decided it wasn't right. Would have likely led to Powells's release, guess J wasn't all about the monies

Powell is older, but he's the better overall player

Edited by '7'

9 minutes ago, EdgeControl said:

wonder why they were in such a rush to replace bilal?  is he on roids

Been a solid Jet since day one. Definitely better between the tackles than Mckinnon. Not sure how much Powell has left but you can probably find a decent replacement for him in round 4 or 5. We're fine with Crowell and McGuire anyway

• Like 1

I'm fine with that. I think he was hurt a lot last year but still pretty lousy overall. Supportive of this move. WR depth is always a good thing.

They still have Hurns coming in too. His previous visit was postponed due to snow. 

Edited by '7'

Interesting. Didn't think they would be in on Suh. Is he still the force that he used to be? Actually surprised New England hasn't been more in on him (yet). We certainly have the money remaining to sign him. Can't be anything more than a 2 year deal since he's 31.

Interesting. Didn't think they would be in on Suh. Is he still the force that he used to be? Actually surprised New England hasn't been more in on him (yet). We certainly have the money remaining to sign him. Can't be anything more than a 2 year deal since he's 31.

Suh is still solid, always commanding that double team... Rather not see him sign with you guys. In the end, I think he'll go where the most money is, but I'm not stepping out on any big limb there lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 3/23/2018 at 2:47 PM, NJDevs4978 said:

Jets sign Andre Roberts, another WR...and now for a quasi bombshell

Yeah, I’m not sure why they’re signing WR’s like crazy. Roberts is a depth signing they can use on the PR\KR, but I had assumed there was more than enough depth @ WR. We still don’t really know what we have yet in Tre McBride, Lucky Whitehead, Jalin Marshall, Charone Peake, Brisly Estime, D Stringfellow, Daniel Williams, Devin Smith, JoJo & ArDarius. I understand cuts will be made obviously.. but by my count there’s already 16 WR’s on the team. Presumably you got to figure they’re going to draft a couple more also. Makes me wonder if Robby goes in a trade.

The Suh news is tremendous. I still don’t think he signs with the Jets despite how $erious we’re said to be. But we’ll see. He would free up alot for Leo.

On 3/22/2018 at 9:37 PM, CarterforPresident said:

Seems like Pryor will be a Jet by tomorrow morning. 

I like it. Looks like Maccagnan is taking a WR by committee approach. We don’t have a true A+ receiver on the team.. but we do have four B+ guys in Anderson, Pryor, Kearse & Enunwa.. all capable of have 1,000 yrd seasons.

4 hours ago, redruM said:

I heard on the FAN yesterday that Maccagnan told a reporter he was talking with the Browns about the #1 pick?  anyone else hear this?

was mentioned on sirius this morning too but their reaction was "no way do the Browns get cute and mess around at the top like that"

On 3/27/2018 at 3:39 PM, CRASHER said:

was mentioned on sirius this morning too but their reaction was "no way do the Browns get cute and mess around at the top like that"

I think he definitely tried but no way the Browns give it up. If you're the Jets, no harm in trying. This is an "all in" year to get your QB.

On 3/25/2018 at 11:17 AM, Beezer34 said:

I like it. Looks like Maccagnan is taking a WR by committee approach. We don’t have a true A+ receiver on the team.. but we do have four B+ guys in Anderson, Pryor, Kearse & Enunwa.. all capable of have 1,000 yrd seasons.

But nobody who's uncoverable and can absolutely take over game. You don't always need one of those to win but it sure helps to have one that takes up double teams. Wouldn't mind the Jets trading back into the 2nd round to pick up someone like Simmie Cobbs who can be a difference maker

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For one of the few times I'm actually excited as a Jet fan for the future.  I hadn't really looked at Darnold much since everyone had him going in the top two but now that he got to us I'm still in disbelief that he did.  So were the Jets judging by Bowles and Christopher Johnson's reactions lol

Sure he's not Peyton Manning as a prospect but when you're looking for a franchise QB you want the measurables (he has that) and you want the mentality + desire (he seemingly has that).  Hearing someone describe him as a guy who's the same when eating breakfast as he is in the Rose Bowl I thought of Eli tbh, Eli had that cool demeanor that for whatever his deficiencies serves him well in NY.  Darnold seems like a nice kid worth rooting for unlike freaking Geno Smith.  I just hope the Jets don't rush him the way they rushed Geno and Sanchez, let him learn for at least half a season behind McCown and then see where we're at and go from there.

The Jets select DT Nathan Shepard in Round 3. Trying to replace Mo Wilkerson here.

If the Jets have proven they can do one thing consistently and reliably well it's find talent on the defensive line. Be it in the draft or castoffs from other teams or under the radar signings...they somehow always have a good D Line. Of course that always goes to waste when you had a revolving door of QB drech

1 hour ago, NJDevs4978 said:

For one of the few times I'm actually excited as a Jet fan for the future.  I hadn't really looked at Darnold much since everyone had him going in the top two but now that he got to us I'm still in disbelief that he did.  So were the Jets judging by Bowles and Christopher Johnson's reactions lol

Sure he's not Peyton Manning as a prospect but when you're looking for a franchise QB you want the measurables (he has that) and you want the mentality + desire (he seemingly has that).  Hearing someone describe him as a guy who's the same when eating breakfast as he is in the Rose Bowl I thought of Eli tbh, Eli had that cool demeanor that for whatever his deficiencies serves him well in NY.  Darnold seems like a nice kid worth rooting for unlike freaking Geno Smith.  I just hope the Jets don't rush him the way they rushed Geno and Sanchez, let him learn for at least half a season behind McCown and then see where we're at and go from there.

The Jets legitimately look stunned here. Bowles has never been this animated and happy. Ever. Not after wins even. This was truly unexpected

He's not Peyton Manning but we have to remember Manning came out after year 4 while Darnold came out at year 2. So who knows who knows what his draft stock may have been if he came out in 2 years. 

There would've been some questions regarding dealings with the media and the temptations of NY with Mayfield. I liked him as a players but you can't deny he has this air of volatility to him. With Darnold I have full confidence that there is nothing the city can throw at him that he can't handle. He is wise beyond his years. I mean he can't even have a beer with Bowles and  Chris Johnson yet. And I like what he said in his post draft interview "It's time to go to work" he's not making a documentary or doing a Baywatch photo shoot for GQ

And while I can't deny that Barkley looks like a very impressive player, what the hell is Gettleman talking about when he says this is the only player since Peyton Manning that had a 9 grade on him? 

When I watch him play a see a very good running back. I do not see Barry Sanders or anything of that level. And I can think of comparable or even better backs that came out of late that I thought higher of. They are really hyping the hell out of him

Backs are very tricky. They have short shelf lives. They get exposed to a lot of contact. One big injury you will never regain your old form

Edited by '7'

fwiw the advanced stats folks love Parry Nickerson  with our 6th pick. 41.7 passer rating against.. Only allowed two td's the past two years. Also 6 int's and fast.

Jets took a Rb with their final pick. Trenton Cannon

Nice under the radar pickup for the Jets as they traded their 7th round pick for Henry Anderson (DE) of the Colts. 7th rounders are crapshoots anyway. Anderson is a former 3rd rounder, has a few sacks at the NFL level. Worth a shot. At least you know you got an NFLer with your 7th round pick.