Sign in to follow this  
Beezer34

2018 JETS

And while he did have some moments, Baker Mayfield sure looked the part of a rookie QB vs Oakland. We of course made him look like Brees.

2 hours ago, '7' said:

This is the end for Bowles. He's 11-26 in his last 37 and makes the same mistakes over and over again. There is talent in that secondary. Good talent. And Bortles carves us up like a Thanksgiving Turkey with 10 days to prepare for him.

This is perfectly said. Unbelievable that he's approaching a 40 game span, with only 11 wins. Tell me there's not a double fvcking standard with this guy? They were calling for Rex's head after Year 4, and Rex actually had 6 playoff games worth of exp. to brag about. This guy has absolutely NOTHING, and next season is YEAR 5 already!

He is an in-over-his-head, above average DC, who came here with no prior coaching exp. The exact same model as Rex Ryan before him.. Eric Mangini before him.. Herm Edwards before him.. and Al Groh before him. -- Have you ever in your life?? Have you ever heard of an organization that hires the exact same type of guy, (FOR 20 YEARS) and never deviates?? Would it kill this franchise to hire someone with a resume? -- Or God forbid, an experienced OC as HC to help out the kid a little?

1 hour ago, Beezer34 said:

This is perfectly said. Unbelievable that he's approaching a 40 game span, with only 11 wins. Tell me there's not a double fvcking standard with this guy? They were calling for Rex's head after Year 4, and Rex actually had 6 playoff games worth of exp. to brag about. This guy has absolutely NOTHING, and next season is YEAR 5 already!

He is an in-over-his-head, above average DC, who came here with no prior coaching exp. The exact same model as Rex Ryan before him.. Eric Mangini before him.. Herm Edwards before him.. and Al Groh before him. -- Have you ever in your life?? Have you ever heard of an organization that hires the exact same type of guy, (FOR 20 YEARS) and never deviates?? Would it kill this franchise to hire someone with a resume? -- Or God forbid, an experienced OC as HC to help out the kid a little?

Whoever they bring in next I hope has prior HC experience at some level. Collegiate or Pros. I don't care if he's an old guy or a young guy. Or even if he's a guy who comes from the defensive side as long as he respects and is accepting of the NFL being an offense first league.

I'd prefer someone like Bruce Arians. Veteran. Been through the wars before. Very insightful and respected. Or one of the Harbaugh's. Bill O'Brien, Mike Shanahan, John Fox. Even guys who've flamed out of late. Even they would be an upgrade over Bowles

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, '7' said:

This is the end for Bowles. He's 11-26 in his last 37 and makes the same mistakes over and over again. There is talent in that secondary. Good talent. And Bortles carves us up like a Thanksgiving Turkey with 10 days to prepare for him

The same clock management and situational understanding persist. Punting when he should be going for it. Kicking field goals when he should be going for it

Nobody expected them to win at Jacksonville but a decent effort was expected. They got manhandled and embarrassed. Bowles and Rodgers are absolute befuddled clowns. Bates I'm souring on.

I don't see a turnaround coming. They're not competent enough for one.

You could see after the meltdown of year 2, 2016 that Bowles had to go. And yet here we are in year 4 and he's still a fool. He's not a Ryan or a Kotite. He's stoic and serious and looks like a guy who should be taken seriously. And maybe that's why they've been patient with him because he looks like he should be a good coach and succeed. Nonetheless he remains a fool and in over his head  

Funny you should say that...I've thought the same thing.  He doesn't have that doofus-y look, the way that Kotite or some other guys have had.  He looks like a guy who you think is going to be good at his craft.

Remember OF Daryl Boston from the Mets?  The Mets basically claimed him off waivers from the White Sox...got him for free.  He had been selected 7th overall in the 1981 draft, and I remember thinking he LOOKED like he should be a hell of a ballplayer...the guy was 6' 3", muscular yet lean and quite cut...and just looked athletic, healthy and strong...a solid specimen.  He was pretty good as a Met (his best three seasons as a major-leaguer were with the Mets), but he was never much more than decent, and his career overall was pretty meh.  It's just funny how some guys just LOOK like they should have a lot more going on than they should.  I agree, you see Bowles and the image doesn't match the results, the quotes, the same mistakes made over and over, the lack of discipline...yeah, maybe if he was some dorky-looking Kotite dweeb, he gets shown the door earlier.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

It's not even just that he looks the part, he's worked on staffs with guys like Parcells, Gibbs, etc.  You would have thought he'd have learned how to manage a game by now.

After watching the Colts dumpster fire defense last night, Sam Darnold will have the perfect opponent in a week to finally find his footing and confidence.

That is if we survive Miller and Chubb against Denver. But Denver is flawed and beatable and I hope Bowles is using the last years massacre of a loss as motivation. We really should be 3-3 in a few weeks. 

No Trumaine Johnson on Sunday. Ruled out

And Kacy Rodgers is apparently suffering from some serious health issue. So our defensive coordinator (use this term loosely) is out of commission. Granted he's a terrible coach but this totally throws our gameday preparation out of whack. 

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 10:07 AM, '7' said:

After watching the Colts dumpster fire defense last night, Sam Darnold will have the perfect opponent in a week to finally find his footing and confidence.

I'm liking the new Colts D compared to the last couple of years.  I think they will do good against the Jets.

Colts will still have NO run game, so all the Jets have to do is keep making Luck wear his arm out until it falls off.  Colt penalties and dropped passes will do the rest.

Posted (edited)

Well at least Crowell earned his keep after all the nonsense of the last couple weeks :blink:

Thankfully this has been a bit of a breakout game for the offense with Darnold at least completing the deep passes (though that short ball needs some work) and the best running performance I've seen since the Ground and Pound Rex days.

Finally the great Leonard Williams was a force in a game too, his most impactful game as a pro.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Posted (edited)

This was a game the Jets needed so badly, and there were many a moment where it looked like it was going to be Jetted up (the missed Myers FG, Darnold batted pass IN) but it never happened really because of how dominant the Jets running game was. Can't remember the last time they imposed their will on another team like this. Perhaps that OT loss and 6 pick Sanchez game to Buffalo in 2009

Darnold seems like had to jump up to corral every snap to him. He dealt with drops as usual. Passes batter at the line. But made absolutely perfect TD throws too. And was out there trying to throw a block on the Crowell run which was good to see

Edited by '7'

On 10/6/2018 at 7:15 PM, LetsGoDevils said:

I'm liking the new Colts D compared to the last couple of years.  I think they will do good against the Jets.

Colts will still have NO run game, so all the Jets have to do is keep making Luck wear his arm out until it falls off.  Colt penalties and dropped passes will do the rest.

Well they won't have the ordeal of facing the Patriots offense. But going forward as an organizational philosophy they need to get luck help. People feel bad for him. They want him to succeed

What's going on with Spencer Long, and I hate to say this. It's reminding me of Mackey Sasser. It's not physical it's psychological. He doesn't have an injury that inhibits him from getting the ball into Darnolds hands. It's something that centers  regularly do with excellence hundreds of times in a row

This is a big problem and the Jets need to fix it asap

Edited by '7'

Right now the Jets are still 3-3 but it feels better than that cause of the quantam leap Darnold's been taking as the youngest Opening Day starting QB in NFL history.  He and Jason Myers carried the team today.  The D did nothing but be opportunistic...four turnovers including a TD, great.  Thank goodness for that cause they didn't stop Luck and his band of backups otherwise.

45 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Right now the Jets are still 3-3 but it feels better than that cause of the quantam leap Darnold's been taking as the youngest Opening Day starting QB in NFL history.  He and Jason Myers carried the team today.  The D did nothing but be opportunistic...four turnovers including a TD, great.  Thank goodness for that cause they didn't stop Luck and his band of backups otherwise.

Baffling how those clowns shredded us in the 2nd half. Whatever adjustments were made Bowles couldn't handle them. As soon as the Jets went up 17 they totally lost focus.

Though it was pretty clear Indy really couldn't stop us through the air either. I was really impressed with the Colts D line.