Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MadDog2020

The 334 Club

Recommended Posts

I was not there, but one of my friends growing up had tickets and didn't go, he kept the tickets in a frame. Used to say he was a member of the 18,706 Club (capacity minus 334, although this was years later and I don't know if the capacity was the same back then, but it was still funny). 

Pretty cool club to be a member of. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't understand why they are doing this, a bunch of idiots will be buying these saying they were at the game now... 

"Limited-edition 334 jackets will be released to commemorate the game.

These will be available for purchase, exclusive to Devils Members, for $130. Get yours in the Member Lounge during the Devils vs. Montreal Canadiens game on Jan. 20.

Only 90 jackets will be available. We expect them to sell quickly, so get there early on the 20th"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I don't understand why they are doing this, a bunch of idiots will be buying these saying they were at the game now... 

"Limited-edition 334 jackets will be released to commemorate the game.

These will be available for purchase, exclusive to Devils Members, for $130. Get yours in the Member Lounge during the Devils vs. Montreal Canadiens game on Jan. 20.

Only 90 jackets will be available. We expect them to sell quickly, so get there early on the 20th"

They should have made 334 jackets

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I don't understand why they are doing this, a bunch of idiots will be buying these saying they were at the game now... 
"Limited-edition 334 jackets will be released to commemorate the game.

These will be available for purchase, exclusive to Devils Members, for $130. Get yours in the Member Lounge during the Devils vs. Montreal Canadiens game on Jan. 20.

Only 90 jackets will be available. We expect them to sell quickly, so get there early on the 20th"


What a bullsh!t way to try and make a buck, just give the damn jackets to the 334 people who were in attendance that night, assuming they are all still with us.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The whole 334 thing has more legs than it probably deserves...it's a cute little story, but not that big of a deal, and quite a few Devils fans aren't old enough to remember it or care much about it. 

MD2020 is right, the only people who should really have jackets are the ones who were there...seems like kind of a weird thing to wear if you weren't a part of it.  I wish I had been there mostly because it sounded like a pretty insane game.  7-5?  12 goals in one game is a pretty rare occurrence in 2017. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

The whole 334 thing has more legs than it probably deserves...it's a cute little story, but not that big of a deal, and quite a few Devils fans aren't old enough to remember it or care much about it. 

MD2020 is right, the only people who should really have jackets are the ones who were there...seems like kind of a weird thing to wear if you weren't a part of it.  I wish I had been there mostly because it sounded like a pretty insane game.  7-5?  12 goals in one game is a pretty rare occurrence in 2017. 

We have had some pretty well known fans claim over the years they were part of the 334 club only to be found out later on that they weren't.  These jackets might make that worse.  Though on the other hand there is no special patch or anything that screams that the jacket is related to the 334 club.

BTW the limited to 90 is bogus.  The company that is making those put them up for sale this morning on their website for $150 a pop.  When you buy one through them you also get a free pair of tickets to an upcoming game and that's why the $20 upcharge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sooo...unless these jackets are limited to 1 per person, I bet 5-10 people scoop up all the jackets and they end up on ebay for like a $500-grand each tomorrow. This is idiotic that they are doing this. Find the people that were involved and give them the damn jackets. Don't try to sell these to current season ticket holders, most of which (would be buyers) never even attended the game. I could technically buy a jacket and I was, like, 2 when this game occurred. Stupid. 

Edited by Weekes Head
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sooo...unless these jackets are limited to 1 per person, I bet 5-10 people scoop up all the jackets and they end up on ebay for like a $500-grand each tomorrow. This is idiotic that they are doing this. Find the people that were involved and give them the damn jackets. Don't try to sell these to current season ticket holders, most of which (would be buyers) never even attended the game. I could technically buy a jacket and I was, like, 2 when this game occurred. Stupid. 

The Devils couldn't be any more clear in their intentions here. The bean counters saw an opportunity; heck, they probably just got the jackets made this week once they found out the 334 Club was a thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

The Devils couldn't be any more clear in their intentions here. The bean counters saw an opportunity; heck, they probably just got the jackets made this week once they found out the 334 Club was a thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what I have heard, the company making the jackets had a table on the concourse during the meet & greet they had at the beginning of the year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
From what I have heard, the company making the jackets had a table on the concourse during the meet & greet they had at the beginning of the year.

How convenient lol.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Weekes Head said:

Sooo...unless these jackets are limited to 1 per person, I bet 5-10 people scoop up all the jackets and they end up on ebay for like a $500-grand each tomorrow. This is idiotic that they are doing this. Find the people that were involved and give them the damn jackets. Don't try to sell these to current season ticket holders, most of which (would be buyers) never even attended the game. I could technically buy a jacket and I was, like, 2 when this game occurred. Stupid. 

It says its for members only and you have to go to the members only lounge to get these. Whether or not they actually check for the members cards is another story. That being said if you buy an ugly jacket for that much money you deserve to have to overspend on it anyway. I wouldn't even pay 34 bucks for one let alone 130.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

It says its for members only and you have to go to the members only lounge to get these. Whether or not they actually check for the members cards is another story. That being said if you buy an ugly jacket for that much money you deserve to have to overspend on it anyway. I wouldn't even pay 34 bucks for one let alone 130.

Yeah, but my point still remains - who's to say that a couple people  (members) don't scoop up all the jackets? I am a member, so I could easily do it myself.  Of course, I have no interest in doing that (I'm not a money hungry jackass looking to make a quick buck) and I don't think these jackets are all that great (maybe because I'm not part of the club lol...) Alas...

Edited by Weekes Head
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Weekes Head said:

Yeah, but my point still remains - who's to say that a couple people  (members) don't scoop up all the jackets? I am a member, so I could easily do it myself.  Of course, I have no interest in doing that (I'm not a money hungry jackass looking to make a quick buck) and I don't think these jackets are all that great (maybe because I'm not part of the club lol...) Alas...

Agreed, hopefully they are smart and limit it to 1 per member card. I'm sure we will here about it if it's not lol I could get one but I don't think they will be worth anything and I wouldn't ever wear a white jacket lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Agreed, hopefully they are smart and limit it to 1 per member card. I'm sure we will here about it if it's not lol I could get one but I don't think they will be worth anything and I wouldn't ever wear a white jacket lol

Oh god, me too. I'd never want a white jacket. I barely like wearing white jerseys! (They look nice on the players, yes, but it's just not my personal style). I am intrigued to hear about how this whole thing goes tonight though. I'm sure it'll be a sh!t show lol. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree the selling tactics on these jackets is pretty dumb, but the story itself is cool in a nostalgic kind of way.  I was too young at the time to see this as well and until now had no idea this had happened.  Pretty cool to hear, and just goes to show, despite being a die hard fan for 25 some years, you can still learn something about your favorite team.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is anyone from this board a legit member of the 334 Club? I feel like StarDew may have been but I don't remember now...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking on Packer's website, is it me or do NONE of those items even say anything about the 334 club on them? Isn't basically just an ugly white satin jacket that someone might have worn in the 80's?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Looking on Packer's website, is it me or do NONE of those items even say anything about the 334 club on them? Isn't basically just an ugly white satin jacket that someone might have worn in the 80's?

Pretty much lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys,  I am a member of the 334 Club,  I posted on this board on the twenty-fifth anniversary of that night telling my story.  Back in 2007 the Devils had a twentieth anniversary day at Continental.  I received two free tickets to the game, a really cool 334 club hat , DSCN0227.JPGand we were all brought downstairs after the game to private party thrown by the Devils.   Lou spoke, Dano , Driver, Stan and a few others.  It was a very nice day, simple, and very much appreciated.  Two free tickets , some chicken tenders and double 00 Bauham getting us all chanting 334! 334! 334! You couldn't ask for anything better.   Seeing the new ownership is pawning off these white 334 club jackets " to its members " for a bargain price of $130 just blows my stack, but get there early because they may not last long.  Are you F#@cing kidding me ? I will be at the game on Tuesday night, I will be the one NOT wearing a white jacket .

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what it looks like these jackets don't even say anything about the 334 club. They should have just marketed them as a retro jacket and sold them when we wear the old jerseys on Thursday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.