GDT: Game 47 - Devils vs Canadians 7:30 MSG+

RunninWithTheDevil

Devils really down to a skeleton crew on defense and it showed on breakouts.  They just could not exit the zone with speed ever.  Montreal played a solid game on the backcheck and through the neutral zone.

Miles Wood shouldn't play tomorrow and preferably would be headed to Albany right away after the game.  He's just awful.  I lost count of how many times he fell tonight.

Refs were dogsh!t but what else do we expect at this point.  I don't understand how the Devils have gotten so screwed with boarding calls this year but it's unreal that the hits on Moore and Zajac were not even called penalties but the hits by Zacha and Stollery were both 5 minute majors.  

• Like 3

RECAP

• Did the Devils play poorly?  Yes
  • Did the Devils deserve to win? No
  • Still, they were in the game, and deserved a fair chance to salvage a point.
  • That call was a joke.
  • At worst it should have been 4 on 4 for two minutes.
  • Just because a team plays poorly doesn't mean they deserve to be screwed by the refs
  • BTW, despite the poor effort, the Habs didn't exactly dominate, and the metrics prove this.
  • Effort wasn't the problem.
  • Execution was.

EVEN STRENGTH POSSESSION

• CF: 26 to 37; 41.27%
  • FF: 18 to 27, 40%
  • SF: 16 to 17, 48.48%

5 minutes ago, Triumph said:

Miles Wood shouldn't play tomorrow and preferably would be headed to Albany right away after the game.  He's just awful.  I lost count of how many times he fell tonight.

I like Miles, he plays with his heart on his sleeve, but unfortunately also with his butt on the ice. Might be time to bring someone else up and see if they can contribute. 

• Like 3

Agreed regarding Miles Wood. I love his passion, but my god at what cost? I am a passionate person and lover of the game myself but I belong nowhere near a profesional hockey rink. This kid is lousy. Make him a waterboy or something. sh!t.

They had no business winning this game tonight,  but the horrid officiating all but sealed the deal. This game was frustrating on so many levels. The play was sloppy, our defense looks like moldy swiss cheese at this point, and our breakout is completely nonexistent. At least Hynes finally looked fired up after that sh!t call. Something.  Sigh. Onto the next game...

2 minutes ago, Weekes Head said:

Agreed regarding Miles Wood. I love his passion, but my god at what cost? I am a passionate person and lover of the game myself but I belong nowhere near a profesional hockey rink. This kid is lousy. Make him a waterboy or something. sh!t.

Can't help but think that with his skating ability, he could be something someday.

That day wasn't today. Tomorrow isn't looking great either.