Race To The Bottom Thread

Triumph

This pick we get, whatever it is, 29th, 28th, 27th...the player we select better turn out to be fvcking amazing. (Don't worry, no pressure, player-to-be-determined, whoever you are).

This is fvcking embarrassing.  Can't believe Arizona has almost caught us, when they were a good solid 15-20 points behind not long ago.

2 hours ago, sundstrom said:

you would think devils would get a little elias excitement bump. would not surprise me to see them win both thursday and Saturday. i'd bet they go 2-2 in these last 4.

That would stink, do the right thing for patty... show him again he's leaving at a good time, lol...  no way does he come back to this mess

Zero regrets 

On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 4:10 PM, MadDog2020 said:

Someone else I hope the Devils give consideration to as a Deb replacement would be Julie Robenhymer. I think she's done generally pretty well as the Devils All Access host, and she also has a pretty good base of hockey knowledge (she's not hard on the eyes either lol).

Miss New Jersey 2005

• Like 1

Looks aside I think Julie R. would be a great replacement for Deb.  While I do not have quite the hate for Deb or Johnny Mac that a lot of others have, Julie seems to be in better tune with the Devils and NHL in general (based on her twitter and other reports she does) than Deb.

• Like 1

Vancouver sucks. Lost again. Hard to be mad at the Devils for last night because for one, fvck the flyers, and two, they have lost 18 of their last 21 now. There's really not much more they can do. Thursday is going to be massive. Don't see us beating Pittsburgh and then you've got Coyotes vs Canucks. Ideal result I suppose would be Yotes in OT. All teams would have 70 points going into the weekend then.

• Like 1

Yeah, that win last night was pretty brutal, but I think sportsclubstats doesn't see that Vancouver and Arizona play one another?   Right now they have NJ as 61% to finish in 27th but one of Vancouver or Arizona is going to win on Thursday, so there's no reality in which both teams finish out the year winless.

EDIT:  I suppose it does, since Arizona is -12 while NJ is -9 and Vancouver -10

Edited by Triumph

46 minutes ago, Jerzey said:

So at worst we finish 4th overall but pick 6th overall. Still not bad. As long as we can get one of Patrick, Hishier, Middlestadt, Vilardi, Glass, Petterson, or even Liljergin I'll be content.

The site I've been checking out a lot, recrutes.ca, has us taking Miro Heiskanen. That was at fourth overall though. Who knows where we'll actually pick with the lottery and the remaining games left

36 minutes ago, Steven M. said:

The site I've been checking out a lot, recrutes.ca, has us taking Miro Heiskanen. That was at fourth overall though. Who knows where we'll actually pick with the lottery and the remaining games left

Miro Heiskanen has been intriguing, he's rocketed up a lot of draft boards and there's a very real chance he's the first defenseman chosen. From what I've gathered, he's a legitimately explosive skater on the blue line, which is certainly attractive. He's playing against men in Finland and appears to be doing fine, only thing for me in this draft is proven production means a lot to me in a draft that's relatively thin, always like the idea of selecting guys that are proven producers, rather than banking on someone starting to produce based on the tools you see (i.e. Josefson, plenty of tools but no toolbox). For that reason, I prefer Liljegren, Hague, Foote, Valimaki, and Makar ahead of him, but I'm way in the minority thinking he's that far back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jerzey said:

So at worst we finish 4th overall but pick 6th overall. Still not bad. As long as we can get one of Patrick, Hishier, Middlestadt, Vilardi, Glass, Petterson, or even Liljergin I'll be content.

The Devils can still finish 5th to last but that is a slim possibility.  However, with Vegas coming in, the team that finishes 4th to last still has a 28% chance of picking 7th and a 5% chance of picking 8th.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Triumph said:

The Devils can still finish 5th to last but that is a slim possibility.  However, with Vegas coming in, the team that finishes 4th to last still has a 28% chance of picking 7th and a 5% chance of picking 8th.

Crap I keep forgetting about the 3 lotteries.

17 minutes ago, Jerzey said:

no - worst is we finish 4th overall and pick 8th overall

as triumph said, lets say the season ends

col-ari-van-njd

for all intents and purposes, the finish is really

col-ari-vegas-van-njd

so that means if 3 teams better than NJD all win the lottery the order would be

lottery 1 - lottery 2 - lottery3 - col - ari - vegas - van - NJD

and wouldn't that absolutely be fitting for this clusterfvck of a season. with that being said, i'm surprised the odds of that are even as high as 5% as triumph notes.

• Like 1

games left:

0: Devils (3): PIT, NYI, @ DET

-1: Vancouver (2): @ AZ , EDM, @ EDM

-2: Arizona (2): VAN, MIN

Devils lose out and AZ beats VAN in OT and Devils are second worst overall (all tied with 70 points but Devils have least amount of wins). Assuming that Arizona loses to MIN and VAN loses both games to EDM, this is what we have to hope for. What kills me is I think the Devils are getting points in at least one of these 3 games and probably will get 2 or 3 out of the possible 6 points.

21 minutes ago, sundstrom said:

games left:

0: Devils (3): PIT, NYI, @ DET

-1: Vancouver (2): @ AZ , EDM, @ EDM

-2: Arizona (2): VAN, MIN

Devils lose out and AZ beats VAN in OT and Devils are second worst overall (all tied with 70 points but Devils have least amount of wins). Assuming that Arizona loses to MIN and VAN loses both games to EDM, this is what we have to hope for. What kills me is I think the Devils are getting points in at least one of these 3 games and probably will get 2 or 3 out of the possible 6 points.

I think AZ would still be behind us because we have 2 more ROW. It doesn't go by just wins, gotta be ROW. We have 25 and they have 23. So we need them to scoop an additional point versus Minnesota.

29 minutes ago, Steven M. said:

I think AZ would still be behind us because we have 2 more ROW. It doesn't go by just wins, gotta be ROW. We have 25 and they have 23. So we need them to scoop an additional point versus Minnesota.

sh!t - you're probably right. well, we can hope.

2 hours ago, sundstrom said:

and wouldn't that absolutely be fitting for this clusterfvck of a season. with that being said, i'm surprised the odds of that are even as high as 5% as triumph notes.

I mean, even though their odds are relatively low, there's still going to be 9 teams who were better than NJ, still miss the playoffs and finished in the lottery.  Their collective odds of winning a given pick are around 39%.  So multiply 39% by 3 and there you go, although obviously a draft lottery's odds are different because one team cannot win twice in the same year, so that changes things slightly.  My binomial calculator site is broken and I have too much loyalty to it to find another, but I don't think people are quite ready for the fact there's about a 50% chance every year that a team who finishes 6th worst or better will get one of the top 3 picks.

Edited by Triumph

13 hours ago, EdgeControl said:

I'd still prefer to be in the 30% chance category for a top 3.. things are very tight! no more wins please!

Yeah, this. 

The Devils have beaten the crap out of the Flyers this year and that was fun, but time to end the year on a 3 game losing streak

• Like 1

Yeah, it's weird still going to both remaining games and rooting for a loss but we really need it... I'm going to try to not get upset if they do win though. It's not like they haven't spent the entire last quarter of the season giving these teams every opportunity to pull away from them. Hopefully everything will work out. Go Vancouver and Arizona!!!