Elias on radio, Devils broadcast.

BostonNala370

If he were to announce by March 1, I would think there's enough time to get it in before the end of the season. But if not, October/November at the latest.

Its not like they have to build him a statue...

Right that's not gonna happen. Not enough time to milk the night for season ticket and sales purposes. It will be next season and it'll be on an otherwise dead attendance night against a dead attendance opponent like Arizona or Vancouver or someone like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

If he were to announce by March 1, I would think there's enough time to get it in before the end of the season. But if not, October/November at the latest.

Its not like they have to build him a statue...

You're saying if he announces his retirement before this March 1st you think they'll retire his number before the end of the season?  I'd almost venture to say there's no chance of that happening.  Absolutely no reason to rush it.  They would want to plan it out properly, and rightfully so.  Dude deserves a nice ceremony and not something hastily put together.  Just because it might feel like he's been retired already now for a little while since he hasn't played in a season or two, doesn't mean that once it's official it should happen as soon as possible.  Besides, these types of events are usually done best early on in the season when the hype is fresh and fans are eager to attend games.  Not saying that a celebration for him wouldn't sell out anyway, but teams typically prefer to do them in the early stages of a season if you ask me.  They'd rather have the second half of the season with less events and milestone nights, so they can simply just focus on the games at hand and (hopefully) the stretch run into the playoffs.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Right that's not gonna happen. Not enough time to milk the night for season ticket and sales purposes. It will be next season and it'll be on an otherwise dead attendance night against a dead attendance opponent like Arizona or Vancouver or someone like that.

Precisely.

Obviously the reasons you listed are mostly money-oriented, but even if they did it against an opponent that would draw a good crowd anyway (Rangers, Flyers, Capitals etc), it should still be done and planned in advance with enough time to put something nice together.

• Like 1

A Patrik Elias ceremony (complete with jersey retirement) carefully planned out will be as great as Marty's jersey retirement.  That one was awesome.

Something hastily thrown together will likely turn into Ken Daneyko Day, Part Deux.  No thanks to that.  Next season will be just fine.  Wouldn't mind if it was in mid-October or so, where the days are still somewhat long and you could actually have some solid outdoor pregame festivities. 

• Like 1

If he retires and has his night he will wear a suit or a shirt only one Is that right? If yes how do you buy or if his jerseys?

Not one of Patty's jerseys, he's talking about buying a game-used jersey of one of the players playing in the game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BostonNala370 said:

If he retires and has his night he will wear a suit or a shirt only one Is that right? If yes how do you buy or if his jerseys?

He will wear that same medium blue, tightly fitted suit he seems to wear every other time he's at the Rock. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

With Elias gone I feel like an era of the NJ Devils and myself are over. I enjoyed the Devils win of 1995, 2000, and 2003 but we have sucked since than because of many reasons. I wonder if Elias being done it means I am done with the Devils. For me its has been a great 34 year run. I am from Boston might be time to go back to the Bruins I was following a NJ team since I live in NJ.

28 minutes ago, BostonNala370 said:

For me his retirement because of injury is sad. He and Claude were my favorites. Devils don't screw up his retirement and  retirement of his number and respecting him with a terrific send off. I hope he gets a job with the Devils. 

It is sad, but he's almost 41. He was nearly finished anyway. Not that it makes it better.

37 minutes ago, BostonNala370 said:

With Elias gone I feel like an era of the NJ Devils and myself are over. I enjoyed the Devils win of 1995, 2000, and 2003 but we have sucked since than because of many reasons. I wonder if Elias being done it means I am done with the Devils. For me its has been a great 34 year run. I am from Boston might be time to go back to the Bruins I was following a NJ team since I live in NJ.

What? Don't even know where to begin with this bullsh!t. 

There's a Penguins bandwagon due in 3 minutes with a Blackhawks bandwagon service due every half an hour. 

BYE!

Edited by Chimaira_Devil_#9
  • Like 2

Holy sh!t are you kidding me... So that's it, the team sucks now, an era is over time to jump ship and root for the Bruins? Good, go. fvcking go. You won't be missed. You're obviously not a Devils fan, so GTFO.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, BostonNala370 said:

No offense, but that's some fairweather fan sh!t right there. I could easily jump ship and root for the Blue Jackets who are one of the best teams now (and right up the highway from me), but after following the Devils so long they just feel like "my" team. Despite living in and being from Ohio. You have to take the good with the bad when it comes to sports. 

Also, they didn't suck it 2012. ;)

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, BostonNala370 said:

Na na naaaaaaaa nah

Na na naaaaaaaa nah

hey hey hey

goodbye

[you suck!]

Na na naaaaaaaa nah

Na na naaaaaaaa nah

hey hey hey

goodbye

[you suck!]

• Like 3

That's really weak. 

• Like 2

I'll also add, that's the most retarded logic ever. 

5 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Looking that way. At this point, I say bring him back, let him do whatever he can do and then let him have his moment on the ice at the last home game. 

Last years moment on the ice will be hard to top with him scoring with like 16 seconds to go in the game. Personally I'm fine with him retiring at this point. Can't wait for his retirement ceremony.