Jump to content

Fiddler to Nashville for a 4th (2017)


MadDog2020
 Share

Recommended Posts

46 minutes ago, njd3b1ink said:

Yeah really surprised they got a 4th for him. Makes me think maybe theres hope they can get a 3rd or a 4th for Quincey and PAP.

This also opens up a spot for a younger player for the rest of the season. Great move by Shero

I would think we get more than a 4th for PAP.  Hoping we can at least grab a 2nd for him this year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Chuck the Duck said:

I would think we get more than a 4th for PAP.  Hoping we can at least grab a 2nd for him this year.

I would hope a 3rd. I think a second rounder might be too hopeful though. He's on the 4th line right now, and honestly he's been a passenger on this team for long stretches this season. Not saying I'm displeased with what we've gotten out of someone we got for free, just saying I don't think he's worth a second round pick. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just can't see the Devils using all of these picks. With Vegas expansion impending, and players likely on the move, I can see another two Palmieri-type moves out of Shero. 

In a perfect world we package a few picks to move up in the draft, since apparently this team is going to win hockey games against better competition. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hopefully Shero is barking up Minnesota's tree in the offseason for one of their defensemen, they're gonna lose someone to Vegas anyways so maybe we can throw them a couple picks for Scandella.

Scandella would be a good fit, what with all of our other paisanos lol (Cammalerri, Palmieri, Blandisi, Santini).


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/4/2017 at 10:54 PM, Martyisth3b3st said:

Are you fvcking serious?!? A 4th?!? That's amazing. 

I can't believe they got a 4th either. Fiddler has one goal. He did play for Nashville before. But a fourth rounder for him? Talk about overvaluing a bit player.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Derek21 said:

I can't believe they got a 4th either. Fiddler has one goal. He did play for Nashville before. But a fourth rounder for him? Talk about overvaluing a bit player.

From what I understand he is a bit of a faceoff and PK specialist.  Maybe Nashville felt they needed to tighten that up in those areas heading up into the playoffs?  How hard are these types of players to find and maybe that affected his value?

This felt like a Bob Corkum for Future Considerations (Steve Kelly) trade the Devils made in 2001 but reversed as the Devils needed the PK and faceoff help.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

From what I understand he is a bit of a faceoff and PK specialist.  Maybe Nashville felt they needed to tighten that up in those areas heading up into the playoffs?  How hard are these types of players to find and maybe that affected his value?

This felt like a Bob Corkum for Future Considerations (Steve Kelly) trade the Devils made in 2001 but reversed as the Devils needed the PK and faceoff help.

I know Fiddler isn't really a stats player. More intangibles. They have had him before. He is a faceoff/PK guy. So yeah. But that's a nice return for a vet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.