GDT - San Jose Sharks @ New Jersey Devils - 12:30 PM

thelastonealive

RECAP

• Things Hynes needs to learn
  1. The term "low danger shot" is a misnomer, and they don't really exist.
  2. You don't prevent goals against by preventing scoring chances.
  3. You do prevent goals by preventing shot attempts.
  4. You don't create goals offensively by creating scoring chances.
  5. You do create goals offensively by creating shooting opportunities.
  • I did expect this result though.
  • Schneider was great, and not a single goal was his fault.
  • Hopefully Hynes will soon understand that shots from long range don't mean they're of low danger.
  • I do wonder what the record is of teams coming off their bye week is.
  • The fact we still got out shot in the 3rd despite being down is a disgrace.

EVEN STRENGTH POSSESSION

• CF: 38 to 45, 45.78%
  • FF: 29 to 36, 44.62%
  • SF: 20 to 30, 40%

2 hours ago, JSR said:

Wish I'd known about the Taylor Hall bobblehead giveaway prior to 5 minutes before today's game...the GF thinks he's just gorgeous and would love one, lol.  PM me if you're willing to part with one!

Well then she'll hate this bobble head, it's got some other bearded guy's face on it. 

• Like 1

Yet another fugly reminder game.  Not like we haven't seen this before.  There's just some teams that the Devils seem to be incapable of competing with.

4 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I just don't hate him as much as most people I guess. Would definitely keep him over Lovejoy and he's still a step above the Ken Kleefence we had to deal with in the past.

I'll take Lovejoy over Moore any day of the week. Moore is easily the worst defender on the team. 

Anyway, I just got in for the day and I was going to watch the game I recorded, but judging from this thread there's better things to do with my time. What a kick in the balls after waiting almost a week for some Devils hockey. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

I'll take Lovejoy over Moore any day of the week. Moore is easily the worst defender on the team. 

Anyway, I just got in for the day and I was going to watch the game I recorded, but judging from this thread there's better things to do with my time. What a kick in the balls after waiting almost a week for some Devils hockey. 

You ain't missing a thing.  Don't bother.  

• Like 1

I'm officially off th Hynes wagon. This team looks so horrendously coached in its own zone. Players skate around like headless chickens. Opposing players are often unmarked and get free with ease. They also have clear shooting lanes. I mean how on earth did Thornton shoot from where he did, and completely free? Schneider was pissed and I don't blame him, this happens way too often. 

• Like 1

Crappy game yesterday.  Team looked flat, and of course just generally outplayed by a better team.  Was hoping for a better performance after the long rest, but the odds were stacked against us -- long layoff, early afternoon start, matched up against a really tough team.  

Here's hoping we come back tomorrow with a stronger effort.  I'd like to pummel what is a terrible team in Colorado.  Let's go 4 or 5-0.   Get this team's confidence back and the wheels on the bus moving again.  It's not too late.

Oh, and we need another home win.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Crappy game yesterday.  Team looked flat, and of course just generally outplayed by a better team.  Was hoping for a better performance after the long rest, but the odds were stacked against us -- long layoff, early afternoon start, matched up against a really tough team.  

Here's hoping we come back tomorrow with a stronger effort.  I'd like to pummel what is a terrible team in Colorado.  Let's go 4 or 5-0.   Get this team's confidence back and the wheels on the bus moving again.  It's not too late.

Oh, and we need another home win.

They might pull it out since I won't be there. Missed the Sabres game, so I'm still sitting on January 2 as the last win I saw. The drive home from Newark is not fun lately... at least yesterday my buddy drove since I had just got off work 4 hours before the game so I slept the whole way home.