2017 Expansion Draft

Jerzey

On 2/23/2017 at 4:01 PM, Triumph said:

If the Rangers are giving Nash away for free, I'd hope the Devils would jump in there and offer a 2nd round pick for him.  I don't really see how 17 goals in 47 games is a bad year for Nash - that works out to 29 goals per 82 games, which is quite good.

Nash's individual numbers on the PP stink.  I don't think he's good at it and I don't think loads of ice time will fix that.

He's obviously not the finisher he used to be. But Nash is a solid three zone player. He still has good wheels and is effective in the offensive zone. He can play any situation. He's turned himself into that. That will be his second career. He can still score 25 goals. Maybe top out at 30 if he fits a system. He doesn't have much luck lately. He gets chances but isn't burying them as frequently. But he works hard. Obviously, he'll get less than his current contract with one more year at $7.8 AAV. 

5 hours ago, Derek21 said:

He's obviously not the finisher he used to be. But Nash is a solid three zone player. He still has good wheels and is effective in the offensive zone. He can play any situation. He's turned himself into that. That will be his second career. He can still score 25 goals. Maybe top out at 30 if he fits a system. He doesn't have much luck lately. He gets chances but isn't burying them as frequently. But he works hard. Obviously, he'll get less than his current contract with one more year at $7.8 AAV. 

Quite obviously, we'd find a spot for him. Actually anyone with 15 or more goals we should consider an upgrade over at least 5 of our 12 forwards. 

So based on today's action still think 7-3-1, but I'm not sure who we'd protect

I just cant think of 7 forwards we have to keep: Hall, Zajac, Henrique, Palms, Clowe are locks, but then who, maybe Bennett & Noesen?

JJ, DSP and Cammy at this point almost certainly will be exposed.

As for the three defenders: Greene, Severson then Merrill?

I can see us protecting Lovejoy as the 3rd though...

I just cant think of 7 forwards we have to keep: Hall, Zajac, Henrique, Palms, Clowe are locks, but then who, maybe Bennett & Noesen?

If Shero protects Lovejoy over Merrill, he needs to be punched in the teeth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

If Shero protects Lovejoy over Merrill, he needs to be punched in the teeth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could actually see Harris intervening if Shero was going to do that.  It would be a very Lou at the bitter end thing to do, which is why Harris replaced him in the first place.  

2 hours ago, jagknife said:

Still isn't entirely clear, but I'm pretty sure Clowe doesn't need to be protected because he'll either waive his NMC or players with bona fide career ending injuries don't need to be protected even if they have NMCs.  

Harris doesn't give a sh!t about Lovejoy versus Merrill.  He owns 3 sports franchises in addition to all the other things he does.  Some of you.

Clowe doesn't need to be protected, so yeah, Hall, Zajac, Henrique, Palmieri, then probably Bennett and Noesen and honestly I have no idea who.  DSP and Cammalleri can be exposed.  Josefson is UFA so whether or not he's exposed isn't a huge deal.  If Noesen plays the rest of the games and the Devils re-signed him to a deal for next year he could be exposed instead of Cammalleri.

7 hours ago, Triumph said:

Harris doesn't give a sh!t about Lovejoy versus Merrill.  He owns 3 sports franchises in addition to all the other things he does.  Some of you.

Clowe doesn't need to be protected, so yeah, Hall, Zajac, Henrique, Palmieri, then probably Bennett and Noesen and honestly I have no idea who.  DSP and Cammalleri can be exposed.  Josefson is UFA so whether or not he's exposed isn't a huge deal.  If Noesen plays the rest of the games and the Devils re-signed him to a deal for next year he could be exposed instead of Cammalleri.

Word

On 2/13/2017 at 11:56 AM, Triumph said:

Mike Cammalleri has a no-trade clause, so he does not have to be protected.  I wouldn't protect him if I were Shero, but I doubt Vegas takes him.  Ryane Clowe will receive an injury exemption and will not have to be protected either.

Assuming Blandisi doesn't have to be protected, I would protect Hall, Zajac, Henrique, Palmieri, Bennett, Noesen and some 7th forward I don't know yet.

Bennett?

i don't think so. 

Edited by mackchi
Repeat