GDT - Devils vs Avalanche 2/14/17

NJDfan1711

I feel like I've had mostly good luck this season when starting gameday threads.   I didn't get to create the one on Sunday and that's my fault. 

Once again, a very winnable game tonight against a team that is all but mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.  Jeremy Smith is in net for them tonight, and it doesn't look like he's played any games this year.  Is he a new backup?  Anyone know anything about him?  I will be very upset if they storyline is, once again, us making a backup/newcomer look like a God. 

I hope the lines stay mostly the same, and I would really love to see guns ablazing and net 4 or 5 goals tonight.  

Duchene and Landeskog are on the block in Colorado, Sakic is obviously seeking a big return. One or even both might get traded in the offseason or deadline. They want d primarily.

With Johnson out the Avs are icing one of the worst dcores seen in many years. Hell, it makes ours look stellar. Need the W here TCBLGD

13 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

I predict a very strong similarity between my Valentine's Day with the wife and the Devils' play tonight.

2 vigorous minutes of my best effort all year, followed by 58 minutes of disappointment and self-loathing. 

Jk. Go Devils. 

Just make sure to stay on your feet and work hard low and in the corners.

And stay away from the sharp angle try. You'll hurt yourself that way.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Lovejoy really really sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So in one glorious play, he:

• Makes a poor decision on the puck, and allows a break the other way.
  • Takes a boneheaded, pointless penalty where he's already clearly beat.
  • Doesn't prevent a breakaway shot.

First one is just typical Lovejoy - poor decision making and the hockey IQ of a puck.  But the penalty REALLY pisses me off - if you're going to take a penalty as a result of your mistake you had best haul that player down and prevent a breakaway.  Not just take a half-ass swipe at his shoulder.

Edited by Devilsfan118
  • Like 1

One of these "I really hate this fvcking team" kind of nights.  So aggravating.