GDT - Devils vs Avalanche 2/14/17

NJDfan1711

Amazing what happens when guys like Zacha and Palmieri are scoring. Loving both their game's right now. 

On another note, I feel really bad for Jerome Iginla. I've always liked him, and he deserves better than to finish out his career on such a terrible team. 

8 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Amazing what happens when guys like Zacha and Palmieri are scoring. Loving both their game's right now. 

On another note, I feel really bad for Jerome Iginla. I've always liked him, and he deserves better than to finish out his career on such a terrible team. 

I do end up watching some Avs hockey (begrudgingly). Jarome might be dealt at the deadline or sign elsewhere next year. If there is a team interested that is. Time has really caught up with him the last year or two, he is still okay on the pp but overall he has a hard time keeping up to the pace now. Was always a favorite of mine, as Charles Barkley says father time is undefeated.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Antiquated Colorado Rockie said:

I do end up watching some Avs hockey (begrudgingly). Jarome might be dealt at the deadline or sign elsewhere next year. If there is a team interested that is. Time has really caught up with him the last year or two, he is still okay on the pp but overall he has a hard time keeping up to the pace now. Was always a favorite of mine, as Charles Barkley says father time is undefeated.

I still remember his fight vs Vincent Lecavalier in the 04 finals. Been a fan of his ever since. 

Yeah, Devils just outplayed Colorado - Colorado didn't get a ton of chances and they scored on the best ones they did get.  Getting 40 shots in a game where the Devils never trailed is pretty darn good.  But Colorado is just really bad - they had zero answer for Taylor Hall all game long.

38 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Solid win and looked like the arena was half empty.

Also hearing reports from other fans of a lot of drunkeness happening last night including video of a very clearly and incredibly intoxicated Devils fan pissing himself in his seat.  Good times.

Not surprising, some people probably had the Valentines Day blues and drank away their sadness. 

My area was quiet in terms of this but I never see a lot of drunks around me. 

Good win overall.  Granted it was against a bad team, but we got the 2 points, and it was in regulation, so that's a positive.  Glad to see our big guys performing well in Hall, Palmieri, and Zacha.  We could really be going somewhere it guys like Cammalleri stepped up, and possibly Zajac.  What scares me though is the little/lack of production from our bottom 6.  Not seeing much out of DSP anymore, and of course Josefson never connects.  Noesen started off great when he got here but if he stays off the scoresheet we will definitely miss the production from the bottom 6 guys when our top 6 are having rough nights, which is inevitable.  

Ottawa didn't look great last night against Buffalo so tomorrow's game is winnable.  Gotta believe with the home and home coming up this weekend against the Islanders that Kinkaid gets one of the starts.  I feel like he hasn't played in ages.  Not that it bothers me, but I just feel it's coming, and I don't want Cory to get tired or burnt out either, even though he's been on a tear lately.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aznjsn said:

Lovejoy was taking really bad penalties and making VERY bad choices on the ice. He is always losing battles in front and shoving opposing players into Cory..

I really don't get why he is in over Auvitu at this point.

I was just assuming Auvitu was still hurt.  Is that not the case?  If it isn't, I'm going to be pretty pissed.  I also don't see the reason to keep Lovejoy in over players that are probably pretty clearly better than him.  If we had guys injured, like we did, I can see it.  As a last resort.  But he really hasn't shown any positives really, so I don't see why another healthy defenseman wouldn't be given the nod over him.

7 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I was just assuming Auvitu was still hurt.  Is that not the case?  If it isn't, I'm going to be pretty pissed.  I also don't see the reason to keep Lovejoy in over players that are probably pretty clearly better than him.  If we had guys injured, like we did, I can see it.  As a last resort.  But he really hasn't shown any positives really, so I don't see why another healthy defenseman wouldn't be given the nod over him.

He's in Albany isn't he?