2017 NHL Trade Deadline Thread

Devilsfan118

I usually totally agree with you and the last thing I am is a self loathing Devils fan.  If you feel great comfortable living in the past that's great.  I don't spend any time looking up at the rafters rather I care about that's on the ice that night/season.  If you're talking about the here and now they're a better option for for any free agent and we can't compete without drastically overpaying.  If you're denying the advantage of being in NYC rather than being close enough to in in Newark I think that's not being realistic.  They may not win another thing (for that case we might not either).  Their roster today is in much better shape, I mean hell I can come up with more than half our forwards I would expose and a handful of defensemen I wouldn't sweat putting out there.  In their case they're gonna sweat it out up front and possibly lose Klein who would be a better defensemen than a good number of ours. It is what it is but I spend little time looking back to the good old days and prefer to focus on the here and now and it isn't pretty nor has it been the last coupe of years and it's probably gonna be a while before it is again.

You completely missed the point of the post, but whatever. You sound pretty self-loathing to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shattenkirk isn't coming here. Number one, if he's traded, it will be to a contender. He will be a rental for someone playoff bound. There will not be a sign and trade where he comes to NJ. The Rangers are far closer to winning than we are (literally, they are playoff bound and we are going nowhere). 

So what the hell would he want to come to the Devils on a long term deal for? What's the benefit to him?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

Shattenkirk isn't coming here. Number one, if he's traded, it will be to a contender. He will be a rental for someone playoff bound. There will not be a sign and trade where he comes to NJ. The Rangers are far closer to winning than we are (literally, they are playoff bound and we are going nowhere). 

So what the hell would he want to come to the Devils on a long term deal for? What's the benefit to him?

Rumor is he nixed a trade to Tampa, so if he wont go play with Stamkos+residual talent in Tampa he certainly isn't going to come to New Jersey.

Rumor is he nixed a trade to Tampa, so if he wont go play with Stamkos+residual talent in Tampa he certainly isn't going to come to New Jersey.

I doubt he comes here either, but he wants to come back to the area. If by some miracle the Rags didn't manage to finagle cap help to help sign him, I think he'd come here because of location and the fact that we can give him the money he wants. But I'm sure the Rags are his first choice, because he seems like a lame fvcktard of a human being.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

I agree he isn't doing a sign and trade, that just doesn't happen especially with a guy of his caliber who will have multiple options to drive up his price and of location in July. Our chance is to sign him as a UFA July 1 because of the location so close to NYC and having way more cap space to pay him more than the Rangers can. The benefit to him would be more money (if ownership will offer it) and I like to think the team has a decent looking future as we are starting to accumulate some young talent.  

That said it sounds unlikely, the insiders are saying he is pretty set on the Rangers who will probably find a way.

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

I doubt he comes here either, but he wants to come back to the area. If by some miracle the Rags didn't manage to finagle cap help to help sign him, I think he'd come here because of location and the fact that we can give him the money he wants. But I'm sure the Rags are his first choice, because he seems like a lame fvcktard of a human being.

Isn't working the cap the whole idea?  If we did it that would be genius, when another team does it it's bad. Talk about an inferiority complex, clearly if he picks the rags he's a fvcktard over us he's a fvcktard.  Time to get out from under the shadow and accept for whatever reason some guys want the bigger stage especially when we aren't any good.  Personally I don't think he ends up there in the end, maybe as a rental.....maybe. 

Isn't working the cap the whole idea?  If we did it that would be genius, when another team does it it's bad. Talk about an inferiority complex, clearly if he picks the rags he's a fvcktard over us he's a fvcktard.  Time to get out from under the shadow and accept for whatever reason some guys want the bigger stage especially when we aren't any good.  Personally I don't think he ends up there in the end, maybe as a rental.....maybe. 

What the fvck are you even talking about? I said if the Rags can't get cap help, Shattenkirk might come here, and you take a general point and turn it into 'it's bad if the Rags get cap help?' GTFOH with this sh!t. I obviously struck some fvcking nerve with you earlier, so just do me a favor and don't reply if you're gonna be a d I c k. And yeah, dude's a fvcktard if he signs with the Rags. I know, how unreasonable of me. [emoji849]

2 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Isn't DuClair one of the top young kids in PHX? 

Was part of the Yandle deal.  Had a nice start to his NHL career but got sent down to the AHL a few weeks ago.  So I guess Arizona feels he just isn't that good, but Pittsburgh has nothing to lose in seeing if he can turn things around.

3 minutes ago, fsu1852 said:

Renaud Lavoie@renlavoietva 2m2 minutes ago

Well, I'm told now Penguins are in the running for Martin Hanzal. Plenty of teams interested. Lots of action right now. #tvasports

Things are heating up. Should be interesting

Yeah according to Lavoie it sounds like Minnesota, Nashville, and Pittsburgh and the frontrunners for Hanzal. Hanzal would be a great fit in Nashville me thinks.