2017 NHL Trade Deadline Thread

Devilsfan118

42 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Look at this waiver wire today: https://mobile.twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/836622739301679109?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't get it, all of those guys were waived today?  To make room for pending trades, I assume?

Looks like Marc Andre Bergeron hasn't played in like 2-3 seasons.  I had no idea.  Was he on some team's LTIR then or something?

Edited by NJDfan1711

15 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Did you honestly think the Devils, out if the playoffs, were going to be the ones to trade for possibly the best available D-man at the deadline?? When does that player EVER go to a team not in contention?

Late responding to this, but I guess my hope was that we'd arrange a sign-and-trade now to avoid the inevitable bidding war we'll get in during FA.

But you're right in that under any other circumstance it doesn't make sense, and never happens.

37 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I don't get it, all of those guys were waived today?  To make room for pending trades, I assume?

Looks like Marc Andre Bergeron hasn't played in like 2-3 seasons.  I had no idea.  Was he on some team's LTIR then or something?

Swiss league from 13-16, AHL (Cleveland)  this year but only 13 games.

Lots of moves ahead of the deadline. Shero either waiting for teams who haven't made moves to get desperate or is missing the market. Hanzal and Hansey trades are making the value of the rest of the moves look like earlier may have been better, but also could just be outliers. 

4 hours ago, Steadevils said:

Lots of moves ahead of the deadline. Shero either waiting for teams who haven't made moves to get desperate or is missing the market. Hanzal and Hansey trades are making the value of the rest of the moves look like earlier may have been better, but also could just be outliers. 

Brian Lawton@brianlawton9 9h9 hours ago

Kyle Quincey @NJDevils is absolutely a guy that I believe will be moved by deadline from conversations with several clubs once price drops

This is going to be the end of Trade deadline dedicated shows at this rate.

It's ridiculous that they start these stupid shows at 8:00 AM. Just come on at noon and recap what, if anything happened that morning and then you can cover the last three hours til the deadline. It's just a waste of time and resources.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

It's ridiculous that they start these stupid shows at 8:00 AM. Just come on at noon and recap what, if anything happened that morning and then you can cover the last three hours til the deadline. It's just a waste of time and resources.

and the NHL Network show they have on is atrocious

I'm sitting on the youtube stream of TSN

Just to recap...check out the number of draft picks the Devils have for the next two drafts:

2017:  (1) 1st, (2) 2nds (one from Boston), (2) 3rds (one from Colorado, one from SJ), (2) 4ths (one from Nashville), (1) 5th, (1) 6th

2018:  (1) 1st, (2) 2nds (one from Florida), (2) 3rds (one from Toronto), (1) 4th, (1) 5th, (1) 6th, (1) 7th

Could be even more by the end of the deadline. 

• Like 2