2017 NHL Trade Deadline Thread

Devilsfan118

Just now, Weekes Head said:

Gotta believe that had he not been injured, that 6th round pick would have been at least slightly better. Ah well. Can't really expect to move the Earth when it comes to these kinds of deals though.

Yea this is a good point.  Still, overall it's not been a good deadline for Ray in terms of returning value.  But whatever.

22 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

It's one trade, and this is the first move of Shero's since he took over that I shook my head at. Relax.

Its not what I expected, but if as I suspect this guy winds up in Albany, and we are rid of Quincey, maybe it accomplished its purpose. 

Depends on who gets slotted in.

26 minutes ago, mackchi said:

Get ready for some corporate speak. We are building a supportive ,attacking team that will be very tough to play against. 

Right after the chat Ray will be joined by Hugh and the Easter bunny singing their rendition of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow". Free copies will be available for the first 9000 fans. You may also buy a copy at the Devils Den for $5.95 

peace

I don't plan on watching and I know it's been 5 years since we made the playoffs but I'm not that bitter about the owners or team. I can't even imagine this place if we end up being as bad as some of these other teams. I know some of these might change this year but hell the Oilers haven't made the playoffs in 10 years.  Columbus has never won a playoff series in their existence. Florida has only made the playoffs 5 times in their existence and only ever got out of the first round once. Other teams like buffalo, St. Louis, Vancouver have never even won a damn cup. Others like Philly and Toronto haven't won in forever. 

I rarely ever complain about our fanbase but people really forget how good we have had it. Trust me, I know the last 5 years haven't been fun and I'm not excusing it but this stuff happens in sports. Sadly it's just our time for a longer than we wanted down period. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Weekes Head said:

Gotta believe that had he not been injured, that 6th round pick would have been at least slightly better. Ah well. Can't really expect to move the Earth when it comes to these kinds of deals though.

How broken is that finger? Is it out for weeks broken or tape it up, try not to get hit in it broken?

Parenteau - shocked he didn't go for better than a 5th. Some years you could get a 3rd for Parenteau (provided he's healthy)

Quincy had no future here but Prout is a pretty disappointing return. Fringe NHLer who will be nothing more than a fringe NHLer.

Edited by '7'

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Neither one of these deals is shocking to me. I would have liked to see Cammalleri pack his bags, but for guys like Quincey and Parenteau, we got about what you get. 

PAP probably nets a 3rd or 4th if healthy.  Rotten timing.  Sometimes sh!t just happens.  Or if you're the 2016-17 Devils, it happens in an endless cycle.  Now I just want sh!t to not happen.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 3

Just now, Mike Brown said:

Devils got a 4th for Fiddler.  So apparently Fiddler > Parenteau

/sarcasm

It's desperation to unload the guys before the deadline, and as others have mentioned, Shero may have missed the boat, or at least was late getting on it.

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

PAP probably nets a 3rd or 4th if healthy.  Rotten timing.  Sometimes sh!t just happens.  Of if you're the 2016-17 Devils, it happens in an endless cycle.  Now I just want to sh!t to not happen.

I am still trying to decide if this season or the 14-15 season was more painful.  I would say this one is just slightly better.

• Like 1

PAP probably nets a 3rd or 4th if healthy.  Rotten timing.  Sometimes sh!t just happens.  Of if you're the 2016-17 Devils, it happens in an endless cycle.  Now I just want to sh!t to not happen.

This is basically everything. Your 2016-2017 New Jersey Devils: It Can't Get Worse....can it?

8 minutes ago, Steadevils said:

As I feared might have been the case yesterday, Shero missed the market this year. 

How can you possibly say this with any sort of authority?

You can speculate like the rest of us but don't pretend to have an understanding of what actually transpired today.

2 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

How can you possibly say this with any sort of authority?

You can speculate like the rest of us but don't pretend to have an understanding of what actually transpired today.

Sorry. Forgot that every post is required to have "IMHO" included. 

1 minute ago, DevsMan84 said:

I am still trying to decide if this season or the 14-15 season was more painful.  I would say this one is just slightly better.

This feels like one of those "Would you rather" questions that my daughter throws at me from time to time.  I think this one feels a little worse just because this deadline was so meh (not that I was really expecting any crazy miracles), and Schneider's November/December and Cam's mostly brutal year have just been really hard to take.  And three more words:  Ben fvckING Killjoy

This feels like one of those "Would you rather" questions that my daughter throws at me from time to time.  I think this one feels a little worse just because this deadline was so meh (not that I was really expecting any crazy miracles), and Schneider's November/December and Cam's mostly brutal year have just been really hard to take.  And three more words:  Ben fvckING Killjoy

To be fair, this year didn't go as low as to have the remains of Scott Gomez and Steve fvcking Bernier on your top line along with Tootoo on your PP.

• Like 3