Jump to content

2017 NHL Trade Deadline Thread


Devilsfan118
 Share

Recommended Posts

Getting any fairly young halfway gifted forward to play with Hall and Zacha would be awesome. I wouldn't want to lose Zajac to do that, he showed last night just how valuable he is on those PKs, but Rico on the other hand.... for a package for someone like Alex Galchenyuk or some similar player(Eberle/Duchene) I wouldn't be upset about. I'm not sure what else you would have to add, Rico+Parenteau/Cammy/pick? or no players and throw in the pick and Rico...I'm bad at these things, don't hate.

Edited by NJDevils1214
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Getting any fairly young halfway gifted forward to play with Hall and Zacha would be awesome. I wouldn't want to lose Zajac to do that, he showed last night just how valuable he is on those PKs, but Rico on the other hand.... for a package for someone like Alex Galchenyuk or some similar player(Eberle/Duchene) I wouldn't be upset about. I'm not sure what else you would have to add, Rico+Parenteau/Cammy/pick? or no players and throw in the pick and Rico...I'm bad at these things, don't hate.

It's all about fair market value and supply and demand.  With that said, I don't see how everyone is assuming Duchene is somehow a lot better than Henrique.  They're one year a part, with Henrique barely being older.  He has for his career about 150 less points than Duchene, but Duchene also started younger and has played in about 130 more games, so it's actually pretty even.

And if you're going to talk current production, Duchene has only 36 points on the season and Henrique has 32.   I wouldn't be upset if we got Duchene, but honestly any talk about giving up someone else for him, even a guy like Cammy, isn't exactly fair. (Yes I know we wanna dump his contract, that's not the point).   It's almost a one for one.  

I just don't get everyone wanting to give up on Henrique.  Guy is a pretty consistent scorer with a modest contract.  Does anyone here think he won't reach 20 goals this season?  Ok so it's not 30 like he had last year, but so what?  It's not a terrible year.  Be happy he's producing the way he is, and focus on the guys who aren't.  That's where the attention should be.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

It's all about fair market value and supply and demand.  With that said, I don't see how everyone is assuming Duchene is somehow a lot better than Henrique.  They're one year a part, with Henrique barely being older.  He has for his career about 150 less points than Duchene, but Duchene also started younger and has played in about 130 more games, so it's actually pretty even.

And if you're going to talk current production, Duchene has only 36 points on the season and Henrique has 32.   I wouldn't be upset if we got Duchene, but honestly any talk about giving up someone else for him, even a guy like Cammy, isn't exactly fair. (Yes I know we wanna dump his contract, that's not the point).   It's almost a one for one.  

I just don't get everyone wanting to give up on Henrique.  Guy is a pretty consistent scorer with a modest contract.  Does anyone here think he won't reach 20 goals this season?  Ok so it's not 30 like he had last year, but so what?  It's not a terrible year.  Be happy he's producing the way he is, and focus on the guys who aren't.  That's where the attention should be.  

Agree on Henrique. But I'd do a 1 for 1 with Cammalleri without hesitating. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Joonas #6 said:

I still want Yakupov. Feels like he's a healthy scratch every game. I don't know if there's some personal issues why he's always scratched or if his defensive game is really that bad. But I feel like he'd have a pretty good chance to stay in the lineup here. 

He couldn't cut it in Edmonton, and now the Blues are giving up on him. 

I dunno there's gotta be something going on off the ice that makes him unplayable. Work ethic, coachability, general attitude.. unless you can get him for a late round pick or something I just don't think it's worth it.

53 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I just don't get everyone wanting to give up on Henrique.  Guy is a pretty consistent scorer with a modest contract.  Does anyone here think he won't reach 20 goals this season?  Ok so it's not 30 like he had last year, but so what?  It's not a terrible year.  Be happy he's producing the way he is, and focus on the guys who aren't.  That's where the attention should be.  

Problem is the guys that aren't producing don't exactly carry a ton of value.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NJDfan1711 said:

It's all about fair market value and supply and demand.  With that said, I don't see how everyone is assuming Duchene is somehow a lot better than Henrique.  They're one year a part, with Henrique barely being older.  He has for his career about 150 less points than Duchene, but Duchene also started younger and has played in about 130 more games, so it's actually pretty even.

And if you're going to talk current production, Duchene has only 36 points on the season and Henrique has 32.   I wouldn't be upset if we got Duchene, but honestly any talk about giving up someone else for him, even a guy like Cammy, isn't exactly fair. (Yes I know we wanna dump his contract, that's not the point).   It's almost a one for one.  

I just don't get everyone wanting to give up on Henrique.  Guy is a pretty consistent scorer with a modest contract.  Does anyone here think he won't reach 20 goals this season?  Ok so it's not 30 like he had last year, but so what?  It's not a terrible year.  Be happy he's producing the way he is, and focus on the guys who aren't.  That's where the attention should be.  

where are they on EV goal scoring?  to me it seems that duchene scores more even strength goals, but thats off the top of my head

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Firstly a decent and stable right winger to play with Hallsy. Palmieri is good but instable. He's in good mood - he's shining. He's far from good - he's terrible. Hallsy need his right-wing reflection - stable, talent, creative dude

I'm not sure, but maybe Oilers still have a goalie problem? If so we can trade Kinkaid (and add someone) for Eberle. Too good to be truth, but we may try

Radim Vrbata is good. Maybe little bit old, but well experienced, and not too expensive. Zacha's compatriot. Patrick Eaves - points, not expensive, and Calgarian guy too

Secondly defence. It's hard to find a decent defenseman. That's dilemma

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was gonna mention the Stone move, real solid for Calgary. I immediately thought that would've been a fantastic move for the Devils. Why does anyone think Arizona moved him? They have no depth at D and it obviously wasn't a cap issue. He's only 26, he could've been a useful piece for a long time with OEL and Chychrun.

Anyone have any thoughts about Minnesota moving a defenseman that they won't be able to protect in the expansion draft? They'll only be able to protect 1 of Dumba, Scandella, and Spurgeon.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, thecoffeecake said:

I was gonna mention the Stone move, real solid for Calgary. I immediately thought that would've been a fantastic move for the Devils. Why does anyone think Arizona moved him? They have no depth at D and it obviously wasn't a cap issue. He's only 26, he could've been a useful piece for a long time with OEL and Chychrun.

Anyone have any thoughts about Minnesota moving a defenseman that they won't be able to protect in the expansion draft? They'll only be able to protect 1 of Dumba, Scandella, and Spurgeon.

 

I couldn't help but notice this tweet from Backlund on his newest teammate:

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, thecoffeecake said:

I was gonna mention the Stone move, real solid for Calgary. I immediately thought that would've been a fantastic move for the Devils. Why does anyone think Arizona moved him? They have no depth at D and it obviously wasn't a cap issue. He's only 26, he could've been a useful piece for a long time with OEL and Chychrun.

Anyone have any thoughts about Minnesota moving a defenseman that they won't be able to protect in the expansion draft? They'll only be able to protect 1 of Dumba, Scandella, and Spurgeon.

 

Don't forget the Yotes have Anthony DeAngelo. They sent him down. He's been in the AHL lately. Maybe they plan to recall him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, EdgeControl said:

where are they on EV goal scoring?  to me it seems that duchene scores more even strength goals, but thats off the top of my head

It's not that close. Duchene has 133 ES goals to Henrique's 74. Adam is a better shorthanded player with 13 SHG for his career compared with only 1 from Duchene. I don't think playing for Colorado helps Duchene. That is an awfully run franchise. They're also asking ridiculous prices for both Duchene and Landeskog. They wanted a ton from Ottawa including future stud Thomas Chabot. They rejected it on principle. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

It's all about fair market value and supply and demand.  With that said, I don't see how everyone is assuming Duchene is somehow a lot better than Henrique.  They're one year a part, with Henrique barely being older.  He has for his career about 150 less points than Duchene, but Duchene also started younger and has played in about 130 more games, so it's actually pretty even.

And if you're going to talk current production, Duchene has only 36 points on the season and Henrique has 32.   I wouldn't be upset if we got Duchene, but honestly any talk about giving up someone else for him, even a guy like Cammy, isn't exactly fair. (Yes I know we wanna dump his contract, that's not the point).   It's almost a one for one.  

I just don't get everyone wanting to give up on Henrique.  Guy is a pretty consistent scorer with a modest contract.  Does anyone here think he won't reach 20 goals this season?  Ok so it's not 30 like he had last year, but so what?  It's not a terrible year.  Be happy he's producing the way he is, and focus on the guys who aren't.  That's where the attention should be.  

You're not getting Duchene for Henrique. They want draft picks and top prospects. Unless you're willing to part with a Quenneville and a first plus something else, forget it. They are asking for a lot. If I were the Devils, I would consider using either Henrique or Zajac for a defenseman. Henrique is the easier sell. Younger and a better contract with more value. The Devils desperately need a defenseman. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Problem is the guys that aren't producing don't exactly carry a ton of value.

I know that.  Doesn't mean you gotta give up on the guys who do.  Trying to trade Henrique, especially for a guy like Duchene or someone similar, just seems like a lateral move.  

15 hours ago, EdgeControl said:

where are they on EV goal scoring?  to me it seems that duchene scores more even strength goals, but thats off the top of my head

Duchene has 16G on the year with 3PP, so 13 EV.  Henrique has 15G on the year with 4PP for 11 EV.  Pretty even.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Derek21 said:

You're not getting Duchene for Henrique. They want draft picks and top prospects. Unless you're willing to part with a Quenneville and a first plus something else, forget it. They are asking for a lot. If I were the Devils, I would consider using either Henrique or Zajac for a defenseman. Henrique is the easier sell. Younger and a better contract with more value. The Devils desperately need a defenseman. 

We have Santini who looks like he may pan out as a 2nd or 3rd line full time NHLer.  If we were to get a decent draft pick this year that we could use on a defenseman, then we're not looking too bad.  We're just in a terrible situation right now, because if we trade Henrique for a d-man, then all of a sudden we're back to kinda where we were before we got Hall, starved for offense again.  I'm not saying Henrique = Hall, but he's one of the few guys who actually does score for us right now.  We need to try to land some guys in free agency and see if a draft pick or two pan out.  Does anyone think McLeod will be NHL ready next year?  Maybe the year after?  Would be nice if he blossomed early and we could get rid of a DSP/Bennett type player and solidify the bottom two lines a little more.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, redruM said:

 off the ice, he can be a run away train, but if the price is right I'd love to get him

As I was reading this I was gonna say the same thing.  I have always had a policy, if I were a GM or coach, I'd stay clear away from headcases, and if there were any on my team, they'd be dealt with accordingly.  No thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, redruM said:

I'd still love to get Evander Kane, not sure where Buffalo is with him, but he is very talented and seems to be getting it together on the ice, off the ice, he can be a run away train, but if the price is right I'd love to get him

I feel like he is a train wreck waiting to happen. Its a shame because he is so talented

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

As I was reading this I was gonna say the same thing.  I have always had a policy, if I were a GM or coach, I'd stay clear away from headcases, and if there were any on my team, they'd be dealt with accordingly.  No thanks.

Just seems like such a dressing room cancer. Has lots of physical talent but not worth the risk.

The Devils should be using what available trade capital they have on a defenseman as the top priority imo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Hockey Writers speculates that we could make an offer for Shattenkirk with Severson, Quenneville, and a 2nd going the other way.

http://thehockeywriters.com/

ANALYSIS: The Devils probably won’t make the playoffs even with the addition of Shattenkirk, so a contract extension is essential as part of this deal — more so than the other four, though a sign-and-trade is in St. Louis’ best interests to ensure the best possible return regardless of where Shattenkirk is going. New Jersey GM Ray Shero isn’t one to sit on his hands and he’d love to get his hands on a puck-mover like Shattenkirk to help spark the Devils’ offence. Adding Taylor Hall and Shattenkirk within a calendar year would be a step in the right direction for New Jersey, even if those moves don’t pay immediate dividends in the form of a playoff berth this spring.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Jerzey said:

The Hockey Writers speculates that we could make an offer for Shattenkirk with Severson, Quenneville, and a 2nd going the other way.

http://thehockeywriters.com/

ANALYSIS: The Devils probably won’t make the playoffs even with the addition of Shattenkirk, so a contract extension is essential as part of this deal — more so than the other four, though a sign-and-trade is in St. Louis’ best interests to ensure the best possible return regardless of where Shattenkirk is going. New Jersey GM Ray Shero isn’t one to sit on his hands and he’d love to get his hands on a puck-mover like Shattenkirk to help spark the Devils’ offence. Adding Taylor Hall and Shattenkirk within a calendar year would be a step in the right direction for New Jersey, even if those moves don’t pay immediate dividends in the form of a playoff berth this spring.

That article also calls for us to give up the 3rd round pick we received from Colorado for Gelinas in this years draft.  That said, I would not do this deal.  Not that I wouldn't like to have Shattenkirk, but the Devils are not in a position to trade away the few assets we have for a player in his prime right now.  It just doesn't make sense to me given the state of the prospect pool we have and where we are at in our rebuild.  Ray needs to stay the course and  build this tea through the draft and strategic trades.  There should be plenty of opportunity for him to make things happen on the trade front this June with the expansion draft and the salary cap looking like it will remain stagnant. 

I don't see us being good trading partners with STL for Shattenkirk, other than being 1 of the 3 teams that play in his hometown area who he'd allegedly like to sign with for his long term deal. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Jerzey said:

The Hockey Writers speculates that we could make an offer for Shattenkirk with Severson, Quenneville, and a 2nd going the other way.

http://thehockeywriters.com/

ANALYSIS: The Devils probably won’t make the playoffs even with the addition of Shattenkirk, so a contract extension is essential as part of this deal — more so than the other four, though a sign-and-trade is in St. Louis’ best interests to ensure the best possible return regardless of where Shattenkirk is going. New Jersey GM Ray Shero isn’t one to sit on his hands and he’d love to get his hands on a puck-mover like Shattenkirk to help spark the Devils’ offence. Adding Taylor Hall and Shattenkirk within a calendar year would be a step in the right direction for New Jersey, even if those moves don’t pay immediate dividends in the form of a playoff berth this spring.

Isn't that site just basically fans doing the writing?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.