GDT Devils vs Islanders in big weekend

Derek21

4 hours ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Really anything short of sweeping the isles puts us as 100% sellers at the deadline. 

I pretty much think they're already there...I just don't trust them to be consistent enough to do enough to nab a playoff berth, even if they did manage to sweep the Isles.  But yeah, anything less than four points this weekend removes ALL doubt about what Shero should do at the deadline.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, DevilMinder said:

Someone on twitter did the math, I think the Devils can only lose 5-6 more games to even have a chance to getting into the post season.

LGD make it entertaining

Shucks, we could do that in a week!!

LGD

• Like 1

57 games played, 25 left. Current points 58, max possible 108 points.

Assuming average 96 points to get in to post season. Current max possible losses to get in (108-96=12 points).

So I guess 6 or 7 Losses remaining out of 25 games. Although, the bottom feeders might keep the last dance ticket lower for us, even 90 points to get in would mean only 9 more losses at the max. All comes down to the Isles and Panthers who are winning more than losing lately. So yea, this week could be the curtain call.

40 minutes ago, eldon said:

At this point I just want the last 2 months to be exciting. Even if we make a pretend run, just win a stack of home games and make us fans cheer loud and proud. We know the offseason is going to bring about more changes.

LGD!!!

Yeah, I don't think I can take a 9th straight (personal) loss at home. I just want to see wins at home at this point. Especially tonight because even though their attendance is worse than ours at home, with the Islanders crawling back to relevancy I'd argue that their fans are even more annoying at the Rock than rangers fans. I'm sure there will be plenty of them there tonight. 

Anyway, here's a neat little article the Devils put out on the Gionta-Rico friendship. https://www.nhl.com/devils/news/a-short-look-at-the-henrique-gionta-friendship/c-286888724

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

LGD

Either win both games, or lose both games.

Hope our direction for the trade deadline is clear after this weekend.

It already is imo, just too many teams to climb over. We just aren't a playoff team yet.

That said I always root for my team and want to see our players progressing and executing so LGD.

• Like 1