GDT Devils vs Islanders in big weekend

Derek21

Just now, mfitz804 said:

Crisis averted. Leddy should be first star for us for dinging that post. 

Two nice periods, one bloody abortion, 2 points.

see ya again tomorrow. 

To be fair, Devs hit two posts today. Blandisi and somebody in the 1st on the PP that I forgot.

If Ottawa can hang on, and we win tomorrow...we will only be 1 point out. Tomorrows game is huge and hopefully there will be a nice contingent of Devils fans to watch 3/4ths of a hockey game at Barclays 

This does not look like a playoff team but whatever. Trying to enjoy the ride. Meaningful late February hockey is a-ok by me.

Edited by '7'
  • Like 4

RECAP

• Huge win.
  • I hope Hynes was paying attention.  
  • The Isles played exactly the way a team should play when they're trailing.
  • They just threw everything on net, and it was causing chaos in our defensive zone.
  • That being said, the Devils did a good job at weathering the storm.
  • Moore sucks defensively.
  • That last penalty call on Henrique was a joke.
  • It may have been a legit crosscheck, but it was also a legit slash and crosscheck by Tavares as well.
  • Leddy hitting the post was karma for that call.

EVEN STRENGTH POSSESSION

• CF: 36 to 66, 35.29%
  • FF: 29 to 49, 37.18%
  • SF: 17 to 38, 30.91%

7 minutes ago, Mike Brown said:

RECAP

• Huge win.
  • I hope Hynes was paying attention.  
  • The Isles played exactly the way a team should play when they're trailing.
  • They just threw everything on net, and it was causing chaos in our defensive zone.
  • That being said, the Devils did a good job at weathering the storm.
  • Moore sucks defensively.
  • That last penalty call on Henrique was a joke.
  • It may have been a legit crosscheck, but it was also a legit slash and crosscheck by Tavares as well.
  • Leddy hitting the post was karma for that call.

EVEN STRENGTH POSSESSION

• CF: 36 to 66, 35.29%
  • FF: 29 to 49, 37.18%
  • SF: 17 to 38, 30.91%

Which crosscheck by Henrique was legit? Because he did it like 5-6 times in a row. In my opinion, a horrible penalty at the exact wrong time. We were lucky to get away with it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

Which crosscheck by Henrique was legit? Because he did it like 5-6 times in a row. In my opinion, a horrible penalty at the exact wrong time. We were lucky to get away with it. 

In his defense, that play never should've happened.

He got a two hander right on the hands by Tavares moments before. Should been a powerplay for us.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

In his defense, that play never should've happened.

He got a two hander right on the hands by Tavares moments before. Should been a powerplay for us.

I agree, BUT once that call wasn't made, crosschecking him repeatedly down one goal with three minutes left was not the appropriate response. Could have cost the team at least one point.

13 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Henrique's crosscheck was a penalty.  I never denied that.  But Tavares also slashed him, and gave a crosscheck of his own during that sequence.  It should have been 4 on 4.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mike Brown said:

Henrique's crosscheck was a penalty.  I never denied that.  But Tavares also slashed him, and gave a crosscheck of his own during that sequence.  It should have been 4 on 4.

Like I said, I agree Tavares should have been called. But Henrique's response to a non-call put the team in jeopardy. 

And actually, you said we should have had a power play, which means you didn't think Henrique should have been called. Then you said it should have been 4 on 4. Can't be both!

Edited by mfitz804

35 minutes ago, '7' said:

If Ottawa can hang on, and we win tomorrow...we will only be 1 point out. Tomorrows game is huge and hopefully there will be a nice contingent of Devils fans to watch 3/4ths of a hockey game at Barclays 

This does not look like a playoff team but whatever. Trying to enjoy the ride. Meaningful late February hockey is a-ok by me.

I'll be in section 15 behind one of the nets, a few other LI devil fans I know are going.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

A video tribute for little Gio lmfao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wasn't expecting that since he was only here four years (though in the organization for more) but he was a popular Devil everywhere but message boards lol.  He got a nice ovation too.

Glad hockey justice was done killing off those two terrible calls with the shorthanded goal in the second period and the late penalty kill...figures fvcking Rooney tries to screw us over again.

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Moore, Quincey, Lovejoy.

All interchangeably awful in my mind.

Problem is all three of those guys are at least one pairing higher than they should be.  Lovejoy's a second-pairing (at most) guy on the first pair.  Moore's a third pairing (and that's probably generous) guy on the second pair.  And Quincey's a #7 defenseman on the third pair.  Heck you could argue they're all two pairings too high but there isn't much to be done about that until Severson learns there's more to playing defense than creating offense, or they decide Santini's ready for those kind of minutes.

Edited by NJDevs4978

5 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Problem is all three of those guys are at least one pairing higher than they should be.  Lovejoy's a second-pairing (at most) guy on the first pair.  Moore's a third pairing (and that's probably generous) guy on the second pair.  And Quincey's a #7 defenseman on the third pair.  Heck you could argue they're all two pairings too high but there isn't much to be done about that until Severson learns there's more to playing defense than creating offense, or they decide Santini's ready for those kind of minutes.

At least Santini and Merril have been playing well lately. Gives me some hope that there is some possible help on the way there.

Edited by WaffleFries
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, WaffleFries said:

At least Santini and Merril have been playing well lately. Gives me since hope that there is some possible help on the way there.

Merrill's recent play has been encouraging...but I'm still not convinced he can stay out of a body cast for more than a month or so at a time.

12 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Game day thread by a Rangers fan? Seriously? Hasan should be making the thread if you guys want views on your website cause I'm sure as hell not clicking on it. 

You got a problem? I don't need your approval to post a article Hasan wrote previewing your team's weekend. It's not like anyone else cared enough to start it. You're too busy praying for them to tank. A sweep gets them back in play. One more win and they're right there.

6 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

A video tribute for little Gio lmfao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He was part of their 2012 team and the fourth line basically won that series. Classy move by the Devils.

49 minutes ago, Derek21 said:

You got a problem? I don't need your approval to post a article Hasan wrote previewing your team's weekend. It's not like anyone else cared enough to start it. You're too busy praying for them to tank. A sweep gets them back in play. One more win and they're right there.

I do and I stated my problem with it. And cut the sh!t because you aren't fooling anyone, you posted this thread bright and early at 1am yesterday so your link would be on top, had nothing to do with anyone else posting a game thread because everyone here posts the morning of and all the posters know that. 

There it is again though. Your true sh!t Rangers colors always shine through. Show me posts that I root for this team to tank cause I haven't been. You're like a cockaroach that just won't go away. I can't stand your bs play nice Rangers fan garbage, you're only here to try to get views on your website at the moment. Just like the past you'll have your usually Rangers fan hissy fit and fvck off for awhile but you always come back. 

I have no issues with Hasan or him posting links to his articles but he knows how to post, he can do it himself. 

This is only time I don't like this forum because this kind of sh!t would never fly if a Devils fan went over to outside the garden or hf boards and did it. 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 4

Hard to believe the Devils are sort of in the WC conversation for the moment (don't see them staying there, as the schedule is about to turn brutal again before much longer).  But somehow they are, in spite of everything.  

Cory's season save% now up to .914.  Anyone still think he's complacent and needs to be pushed?  Sometimes guys can have a rotten couple of months or even a lousy season.  Doesn't automatically mean that they don't care or are somehow less motivated.  

Derek, your last post to SH is exactly why it inevitably seems to go wrong for you here...it was always starting with the cheap shots (which leads to the inevitable meltdown/I'm outta here/I come back in peace and am a changed man cycle).  And enough with the links to your blog everywhere...it's starting to feel a bit desperate.  If anything, I would suggest starting a thread where you post links to your (and fellow contributors') articles, if it's that important to you.  But SH is right, Has is fully capable of posting his own links to his articles.  And a Ranger fan starting a GDT at 1:09 am in the morning on a Devils site...did you really think that wouldn't aggravate someone?  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 3