GDT 2/19 Devils at Islanders - 6pm MSG

LETS GO DEVILS!!! Anyone going tonight?

Taken from the Devils pregame email... 

The Devils are in Brooklyn tonight to finish their back-to-back against the New York Islanders. The Devils won the first matchup against the Isles last night at Prudential Center 3-2 and will look to sweep the home-and-home series.

Tonight's game, as with every game this month, will be critical for the playoff race. The Devils cut the Islanders' lead in the standings from four points to two with the win last night and are within four points of the second Eastern Conference wild card spot.

"[Tonight] is going to be harder and that's what our focus has got to be," coach John Hynes said. Travis Zajac, who scored in last night's game, agreed. "You can't take the easy way out and hope it's going to happen again. Hopefully we come with that mindset and know it's going to be a grind."

A decision has not been made on the starting goalie for tonight yet. Defenseman Kyle Quincey (upper body injury) will miss his fifth game. Forward Viktor Loov was acquired from the Toronto Maple Leafs in exchange for forward Sergey Kalinin yesterday. Loov reported to Albany.

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 1
  • Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kinkaid is a lifelong islanders fan. It really showed last night. 

Hynes electing to send KK out for the third defies logic. This was a winnable game. Oh well, let's beat the Senaturds on Tuesday. 

Hynes is either mentally ill or he legit tried to lose this game.

Posted Images

Yuge game tonight.  Yuuuuuge.  Bigly. 

Win it and try not to get lucky by virtue of a choke on an open net again, lol...I mean, I'll take another 2 point regulation win via heart attack, but I'd rather not if you can help it, Devils!

LGD!

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

I think you put Cammy right back in and see if he responds to being scratched yesterday.  

I think you keep him out because you can't risk him getting hurt and ruining the Shattenkirk deal that's 90% complete :lol:

So the Islanders wear black and all of a sudden start to play like Philly? So many cheap slashes behind the play. 

Cant wait until that franchise moves. Gonna lol at all of their stupid ass fans

I very much enjoy listening to Miles Wood speak. Refreshing to hear someone speak with a personality rather than "oh yeah, I mean, it's the teammates and my coach. And the teammates. And my coach. Ok thanks"

• Like 1