GDT - Devils vs Canadiens 2/27/17

NJDfan1711

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

He had two bad months.  The TEAM has been far more of a problem lately than he has.  You're bitching about the wrong guy.  

THANK YOU!

People are trying to parlay Saturday's loss and the 2nd goal in this one into a blanket bullsh!t statement that this team's current predicament is entirely on Cory. Get fvcking real, We CLEARLY have one defender who cannot do jack sh!t against anyone in the defensive zone and sadly, he is to Shero as Gionta was to DeBoer, cannot do anything wrong nor be scratched.

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

He had two bad months.  The TEAM has been far more of a problem lately than he has.  You're bitching about the wrong guy.  

There's other guy's that suck too, like Lovejoy, but I expect Cory to steal a game once in awhile. Elite goalies are supposed to be capable of that. 

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Glad someone else is watching the same games as me. 

I play goalie, I just call it like I see it.  Yes the team as a whole is sub par, which puts more shots on the goalies, but at the end of the day you have to stop the simple ones.  Kinkaid has done better in the majority of his starts (minus a few earlier, and in the obstructed areana)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

There's other guy's that suck too, like Lovejoy, but I expect Cory to steal a game once in awhile. Elite goalies are supposed to be capable of that. 

The guy is facing a fvcking ton of shots lately...over 33 per game on average for this month.  Elite goalies can only do so much.  This team does damned near nothing to make his job any easier.  

• Like 3

RECAP

• Allowing the other team to skate through the neutral zone with speed at will is bad coaching.
  • Allowing the other team to possess the puck along the boards at will is bad coaching.
  • Allowing the other team to take point shots at will is bad coaching.
  • However overall, the Devils actually played really well despite the bad coaching this team gets.

EVEN STRENGTH POSSESSION

• CF: 48 to 49, 49.48%
  • FF: 37 to 38, 49.33%
  • SF: 30 to 29, 50.85%

24 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

No offense but you've slagged David Wright on the Mets forum for far less than what Cory's pulled late in games like thirty times as a Devil and he has one bad postseason followed by two +.300 Septembers

Edited by NJDevs4978

Don't want to turn this into a David Wright debate, but that guy has been consistently coming up small when his team really needs him since the 2009 season, and has become a strikeout machine more and more through the years when all he had to do is make contact.  2005-2008 Wright was terrific.  2009-present Wright has often been frustrating and incredibly unclutch.  

How exactly did Cory "pull anything" tonight?  Goal #3 was off Killjoy after Cory made a save, and goal #4 was a laser beam off a stick on a power play.  I don't know, I guess some need a new whipping boy.  And I'm not saying this has been Cory's best year as a Devil, but I can't think of many goalies who could possibly thrive with the dreck Cory's got in front of him.  

• Like 1

cory was not great tonight but this again is ben lovejoy actively causing losses.

goal 1 - gives way too much space and screens cory

goal 3 - can't clear crease and can't get out of cory's way

goal 4 - has puck for easy clear - rims it low off the wall - no clear.

fvck this fvcking fvck.

as for cory - goal 2 was not good. and yes, goal 4 looked tipped, but the puck was going in on either trajectory anyway - cory was slow to get over leaving plenty of short side to shoot at and his glove didn't move until the puck was past him. it's not an easy save but maybe, make the save?

• Like 4

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

This particular MB post sounded almost like a haiku.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wait until he finds out that Wapner just passed away...that's gonna put a damper on his date with Iris...

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Don't want to turn this into a David Wright debate, but that guy has been consistently coming up small when his team really needs him since the 2009 season, and has become a strikeout machine more and more through the years when all he had to do is make contact.  2005-2008 Wright was terrific.  2009-present Wright has often been frustrating and incredibly unclutch.  

How exactly did Cory "pull anything" tonight?  Goal #3 was off Killjoy after Cory made a save, and goal #4 was a laser beam off a stick on a power play.  I don't know, I guess some need a new whipping boy.  And I'm not saying this has been Cory's best year as a Devil, but I can't think of many goalies who could possibly thrive with the dreck Cory's got in front of him.  

2009-2014 the Mets were basically the same as the Devils now and you kept slagging him then, they had about as many big moments in those years as the Devils now.

Freaking twice the guy can't even make ONE save with a two-goal lead tonight.  I mean if Cory was SUPPOSED to be a JAG like Kinkaid that's one thing but he's supposed to be the strength of our team.  Not another **** up like Lovejoy.

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, NJDevs4978 said:

2009-2014 the Mets were basically the same as the Devils now and you kept slagging him then, they had about as many big moments in those years as the Devils now.

Freaking twice the guy can't even make ONE save with a two-goal lead tonight.

Don't really feel like this Wright - Schneider comparison works.  Their respective sports are just too different.  

3 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

I will say, if you're a fan of this team and consistently pay money to watch an inferior product lose in disappointing ways, you're a better man than I. 

I have no idea why, but when I read this I pictured Foghorn Leghorn saying it.  And it made me laugh.  And I'm glad it did, because I need a good laugh.  Man have the last two losses been boot spears to the balls.

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

I don't even see tonight as a game he needed to steal. They played well enough to win and didn't. I'm a Cory defender but I dunno who else to pin tonight on.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

I will say, if you're a fan of this team and consistently pay money to watch an inferior product lose in disappointing ways, you're a better man than I. 

I'm thrilled that there are only 10 home games left. I'm burnt out with all these losses lately, especially these past 2. Might be using the buy back option on a few towards the end of the season to go on vacation earlier. I knew it was very unlikely but I was waiting to see if we would climb back in it... Lol

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 1