GDT: Devils v. CBJ, 5pm

mfitz804

2 hours ago, jagknife said:

So we didn't start Cory on back to back nights when we still had an outside chance in the playoffs, but we do when it really doesn't matter? logic...

You know it's bad when every fan can see this and the coach doesn't.  Then again Hynes seems to have a myopic wish to keep every game close.  If Kinkaid's horror show in Long Island scared them that much they can't use him in a meaningless game he shouldn't be here next year.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Sad to see. Total inability to create anything. If it weren't for #9 & 21, we'd be brutal. I was hoping for more form kids. (Lappin/Coleman/Blender) look like OHL team.

Me:  "Good lord is this team just god-awful unwatchable...terrible."

My daughter:  "I know they're terrible Daddy, but I still love watching hockey with you!"

With about 10 mins left in the third period, me: "If you want to play some arcade games, go ahead.  You're not missing anything!" 

Her:  "OK, but they might score Daddy.  They might."

At least I had a couple of off-the-ice highlights.  

And IT'S fvckING OFFICIAL:  I've never wanted a season to end as badly as I do this one.  But yet I keep watching.  Because apparently I like punishment, in the form of 60-minute snippets of New Jersey Devils "hockey".  Hallelujah...HOLY sh!t!

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 3

The second period is exactly what I think the rest of the season: apathy. Fans didn't care, players didn't look like they cared, Hynes didn't look like he cared.

We're freeeeeee.... free fallin!

I was asleep for the entire second period- dozed off during the first intermission and woke up right in time for the 3rd. Sums up the season for me. [emoji52]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

39 minutes ago, SMantzas said:

Good loss. The lineup NJ is throwing out these days makes me think theyre tanking!

Honestly, there had to be 6 guys on the ice that I'm not sure even make another NHL team. I'm all for getting a look at young players but damn. 

32 minutes ago, jagknife said:

The second period is exactly what I think the rest of the season: apathy. Fans didn't care, players didn't look like they cared, Hynes didn't look like he cared.

We're freeeeeee.... free fallin!

Crowd was DEAD from the second goal on. I mean nothing. I've never seen it that bad. 

My daughter asked if we could go to one more game this year, Honestly, unless I get free tickets or a steal of a deal on Stub Hub, I'm not sure I can sit through one more. 

You could have Pat Burns, Jacques Lemaire and Jesus as your coaching staff right now and it wouldn't make a difference.

Though it would be cool on Hockey Fights Cancer night when Jesus turned the ice purple with that whole water into wine bit. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

You could have Pat Burns, Jacques Lemaire and Jesus as your coaching staff right now and it wouldn't make a difference.

Though it would be cool on Hockey Fights Cancer night when Jesus turned the ice purple with that whole water into wine bit. 

and yet Jesus still wouldn't be able to get JJ scoring.

• Like 1