GDT: Devils v. CBJ, 5pm

mfitz804

8 hours ago, slasher72 said:

This train wreck will take a long time to fix. Uncle Lou did a sh*t job drafting the past 5-10 years and the current FO is stuck with this mess.

Shero definitely inherited a mess, but I can't say that I'm tickled that Killjoy and Frenchie Fart will likely be part of the D-corp next season (though I guess we can pray that LV helps the Devils out).  It's not fair to expect miracles out of Shero this offseason, but next year can't be more of the same.  There has to be some level of improvement re:  the talent level of the roster.  And someone needs to take Shero's Penguin Dollar Store membership card away.  

6 hours ago, Mike Brown said:

Considering I'm always right, it is the most accurate..................along with all the other ones I've done.

This could've been interpreted as a semi-snappy comeback, except that you actually believe this.  I'll say this much...you are officially the Madonna of the board...no matter how much you manage to reinvent yourself, you're consistently annoying in all forms.  

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Steven M. said:

I am glad I was in a coma from the Belmar St. Patrick's Day parade cause this one sounds like it was unwatchable.

Did you see any Devils there?  Might explain why most of them were in a coma too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

This could've been interpreted as a semi-snappy comeback, except that you actually believe this.  I'll say this much...you are officially the Madonna of the board...no matter how much you manage to reinvent yourself, you're consistently annoying in all forms.  

This is an amazing post. 

3 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Shero definitely inherited a mess, but I can't say that I'm tickled that Killjoy and Frenchie Fart will likely be part of the D-corp next season (though I guess we can pray that LV helps the Devils out).  It's not fair to expect miracles out of Shero this offseason, but next year can't be more of the same.  There has to be some level of improvement re:  the talent level of the roster.  And someone needs to take Shero's Penguin Dollar Store membership card away.  

definitely stealing this one!  goodness i hate that women.. watch the dave Chappelle race draft skit, great line too.

1 hour ago, EdgeControl said:

definitely stealing this one!  goodness i hate that women.. watch the dave Chappelle race draft skit, great line too.

Yeah she's tough to take...on one hand, she's approaching 60 years old, so love her or hate her, gotta give her some credit for having managed to stick around through the 80s, 90s, 2000s, and 2010s...so many in her line of work come and go, and I don't think a soul on Earth would've ever predicted that she would survived much into the 90s, based on her early career.  But yeah, definitely not my bag, and I never like when "artists" decide that playing make-believe in front of a camera or being able to sing or play notes on an instrument means that they're qualified to tell all of us "little people" how we should feel about EVERYTHING (politics, etc)...and as we've seen, some of them don't realize that their talents don't necessarily crossover to other ventures, often with disastrous results (see Madonna, actress).  Too many of that crowd really start to take themselves entirely too seriously, and being surrounded by so many yes-men who will cater to your every whim and need just makes it that much worse...and once she started with the phony affected British accent, that's when I was thinking "Goddamn, how do so many celebs actually get to this point?"

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Did you see any Devils there?  Might explain why most of them were in a coma too.

They may has well have just gone to the parade since it would've been a better use of their time.

Last year I went to the parade and took it easy, then drove up to the Rock to watch them lose. Glad I just sold my tickets this year instead. 

On the bright side, this losing streak has considerably helped our draft position. If all of these guys stay out for a few more games with injury, hard to see us winning to mess that up.

15 minutes ago, Steven M. said:

They may has well have just gone to the parade since it would've been a better use of their time.

Last year I went to the parade and took it easy, then drove up to the Rock to watch them lose. Glad I just sold my tickets this year instead. 

On the bright side, this losing streak has considerably helped our draft position. If all of these guys stay out for a few more games with injury, hard to see us winning to mess that up.

Yeah, can't say I'm that broken up about losing at this point...still can't outwardly root for losses, but I'm definitely not upset about it.  They're toast anyway.  And though everyone tends to focus on the first round pick only, it would also be nice to be drafting higher up in each round (especially the second). 

9 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah, can't say I'm that broken up about losing at this point...still can't outwardly root for losses, but I'm definitely not upset about it.  They're toast anyway.  And though everyone tends to focus on the first round pick only, it would also be nice to be drafting higher up in each round (especially the second). 

Same. I can't be mad at the team because the effort is there and I can see it for stretches where I can stand to watch. They're not quitters. The talent is just lacking. Plus I think you and I are probably already baseball minded at this point and have backburnered the Devils

I guess what is kind of dejecting is that there doesn't seem to be a Matthews or Eichel or McDavid anywhere in this draft. Not that we won't end up with somebody good, or very good. But we're not bad enough at the right time.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I'd like for them to just lose every road game for the rest of the season and win when I'm at the game, lol. In a perfect world... and yes, exactly. Right now I'm just glad that guys like McLeod and Speers are doing very well for themselves. Hopefully McLeod gets in a nice playoff run, and hopefully Albany goes on a decent run too. Will be good for the Woods and Santinis of the world.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, '7' said:

Same. I can't be mad at the team because the effort is there and I can see it for stretches where I can stand to watch. They're not quitters. The talent is just lacking. Plus I think you and I are probably already baseball minded at this point and have backburnered the Devils

I guess what is kind of dejecting is that there doesn't seem to be a Matthews or Eichel or McDavid anywhere in this draft. Not that we won't end up with somebody good, or very good. But we're not bad enough at the right time.

Yeah, I've always maintained that they do give effort, though you gotta wonder when the losses start to wear them down.  And yeah, still watching just about every game, but emotionally I'm starting to gear up for the Mets...if the Devils were a legit bubble team that needed a break here and there to sneak into the playoffs, it'd be different, but they're very clearly dead men walking now. 

Would be nice if a generational talent was out there, but hopefully the Devils wind up with a quick-developing solid star who will be cheap for several years.  Just don't louse up this pick.  For the love of God. 

39 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah, I've always maintained that they do give effort, though you gotta wonder when the losses start to wear them down.  And yeah, still watching just about every game, but emotionally I'm starting to gear up for the Mets...if the Devils were a legit bubble team that needed a break here and there to sneak into the playoffs, it'd be different, but they're very clearly dead men walking now. 

Would be nice if a generational talent was out there, but hopefully the Devils wind up with a quick-developing solid star who will be cheap for several years.  Just don't louse up this pick.  For the love of God. 

Speaking of dead men walking... saw this from HFBoards, hilarious.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Mike Brown said:

Per AG's twiiter......

"Pavel Zacha says difference between Devils and Blue Jackets was Devs tried to be too "fancy" while Jackets just took puck to the net."

You hear that Hynes?

This only confirms that none of the players were paying attention to the game. That definitely is not what happened.

1 minute ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

"Trying to be too fancy" is new playerspeak for "they're more talented and tried harder than we did"

I don't think they tried any harder but yes, they are more talented. If there's one thing I can't get on the Devils this year is effort.