Jump to content

GDT - Devils @ Blue Jackets 3/7/17


NJDfan1711

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Not that it matters, but how do Lovejoy and Bennet both leave that guy right there in front of the goalie, wide open?

I'm starting to think they're not good at hockey...

Edited by Nicomo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

RECAP

  • That's how you play winning hockey.
  • Devils were easily the better team, and played exactly how you need to play to win games.
  • Columbus is a paper tiger.
  • Kinkaid was excellent.

EVEN STRENGTH POSSESSION

  • CF: 50 to 49, 50.51%
  • FF: 40 to 34, 54.05%
  • SF: 31 to 22, 58.49%
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Mike Brown said:

RECAP

  • That's how you play winning hockey.
  • Devils were easily the better team, and played exactly how you need to play to win games.
  • Columbus is a paper tiger.
  • Kinkaid was excellent.

EVEN STRENGTH POSSESSION

  • CF: 50 to 49, 50.51%
  • FF: 40 to 34, 54.05%
  • SF: 31 to 22, 58.49%

Seeing as no team ever won with zero goals, it wasn't EXACTLY how you play to win games...

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Seeing as no team ever won with zero goals, it wasn't EXACTLY how you play to win games...

Bobrovsky stole that game.  But the system they used tonight has to be the system they use all the time if they want to sustain winning.  It didn't work out tonight, but it will in the long run over the course of an entire season.  Most of the time they hang on to the puck too long trying to force low percentage plays.  Shooting the puck from everywhere is the most effective way to create scoring opportunities.  Data supports this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Seeing as no team ever won with zero goals, it wasn't EXACTLY how you play to win games...

Unless you figure our how to score a goal, all that other stuff matters little. And the Devils have had plenty of games where they can't score or do the other stuff either. Today was just a game where they got rewarded for a good effort with another goose egg.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Mike Brown said:

Bobrovsky stole that game.  But the system they used tonight has to be the system they use all the time if they want to sustain winning.  It didn't work out tonight, but it will in the long run over the course of an entire season.  Most of the time they hang on to the puck too long trying to force low percentage plays.  Shooting the puck from everywhere is the most effective way to create scoring opportunities.  Data supports this.

Data also supports that your data is worthless when the team scores zero goals. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Data also supports that your data is worthless when the team scores zero goals. 

Hell yeah add this win to the on paper category.  We're a playoff team if you go by those points. Actually we suck there too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, hit the post said:

How long until Hall joins Kovi ?

given the teams that Hall has had to play on, the KHL probably doesn't sound half bad.

Didn't see any of this one, I gather it can be filed under good effort, we tried, we suck.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.