GDT - Winnipeg at Devils 3/14 - GAME POSTPONED TILL 3/28

Satans Hockey

Starting this early since we can start the will it or won't it happen speculation lol In all my years of having season tickets I've never missed a game because of the weather. I'm trying to get a buyback on my tickets for this one though since it literally doesn't matter. I'm having a hard time justifying dealing with the nonsense of getting there to go watch this crap team play. I figure if the weather isn't that bad I can just buy dirt cheap tickets and still go.

Anyway the Devils are saying the game is on and stay tuned for further details... 

Edited by Satans Hockey

I remember having tickets to a game the day of a blizzard once. I think like 3,000 people showed up and the game went on. I watched on TV, Devils won 5-3 and it was one of the most exciting games I ever saw, Bill Guerin had the game winner if I recall. 

In any event, I'll be home relaxing after shoveling. I'll watch. LGD

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, DJ Eco said:

There've been some pretty bad snow games the last few years; one was vs. St. Louis a couple years ago, think we got 10" of snow. But now, unlike then, I have no desire to deal with the elements to go watch this team unfortunately.

Yup,  I was at that game, we won 7-1 with 7 different Devils scoring. While we weren't that great we also weren't eliminated from the playoffs at that time cause it was in January at some time. I'm really curious to see how many people head out to this game tomorrow to watch a team that is basically eliminated from the playoff hunt against an opponent nobody cares about. 

I can't imagine too many people will risk taking NJ transit to the game with the possibility that it could shut down and they wouldn't be able to get home during the game if it's gets that bad. 

Would be pretty funny if we ended up with no snow at all lol

Was at that game too mfitz. Fell behind to F'ers early, and came back to win, disappointing espn, gary thorne and al morganti who gushed over philly in the 1st.  Remembered watching that on vhs many times before purging those tapes.

If my parents ever knew what I drove through that night... 

4 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Winnipeg is playing in Nashville tonight.... They may have a hard time getting in here if they don't haul ass right after the game.

If they fail to show up, do we win by forfeit? Because I'll totally take that right now. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

If they fail to show up, do we win by forfeit? Because I'll totally take that right now. 

They have such a good tank going, let's not screw it up with something like a win. 

What's the most games they've ever lost in a row anyway? I know they had some bad teams in the 80's, but this feels like it has to be one of the worst losing streaks. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, '7' said:

If they actually play this game I would be shocked if they get 2,000 in the building.

Some nights when it doesn't snow, I'm surprised they get more than 2,000. 

13 hours ago, DJ Eco said:

There've been some pretty bad snow games the last few years; one was vs. St. Louis a couple years ago, think we got 10" of snow. But now, unlike then, I have no desire to deal with the elements to go watch this team unfortunately.

There was also the 2010 game against Toronto where both teams stunk and the storm was so bad Elias and Zajac were stuck sleeping in their car after the game.  

It'd be nice if they actually postponed this game with the entire tri-state area in a state of emergency but I get there isn't exactly that many days where you can make up a game with a West team traveling to the East Time Zone.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Historical blizzard... Lol. Must be nice to get paid to be wrong almost all the time. They weren't even close on this one.  Looks like I'll be going to the game tonight. Barely have anything here. 

Where the hell do you live? I have 7 inches down and it ain't letting up. This storm is no joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, Nicomo said:

They have such a good tank going, let's not screw it up with something like a win. 

What's the most games they've ever lost in a row anyway? I know they had some bad teams in the 80's, but this feels like it has to be one of the worst losing streaks. 

The 1983-84 Devils lost 18 out of 19 games early in their season (on the way to a 2-20-0 start).  The Scouts and Rockies had some pretty putrid stretches as well...the 1975-76 Scouts won exactly ONE game in their final 44 games.  You'd think that they would've won at least five or so almost by accident.

5 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Where the hell do you live? I have 7 inches down and it ain't letting up. This storm is no joke.

I live like 20 miles from the arena, i just went outside and there's maybe 3 inches, the streets are plowed because they have been coming down a lot. I'm just surprised because I've gone to games in way worse conditions than this. 

When is the last time we postponed a game? I can't remember. 

• Like 1

I live like 20 miles from the arena, i just went outside and there's maybe 3 inches, the streets are plowed because they have been coming down a lot. I'm just surprised because I've gone to games in way worse conditions than this. 

When is the last time we postponed a game? I can't remember. 

I'm out in western Morris County and its blizzard like here- relentless snow and very windy. Lots of drifting. They may have overshot their predictions further east, but out here so far, they got it right.

2 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

i'm 15 minutes from Newark and I can tell you, its BAD here

We must be in the opposite direction, I'm just really surprised cause it's been much worse and we still played. I don't particularly care that they did postpone it, we probably weren't going to win anyway lol

1 hour ago, Satans Hockey said:

Historical blizzard... Lol. Must be nice to get paid to be wrong almost all the time. They weren't even close on this one.  Looks like I'll be going to the game tonight. Barely have anything here. 

I think you might have just gotten lucky. I'm an hour north of the arena and we are already a foot in, expecting 20-30 inches when it's all said and done

They nailed the prediction on this one pretty well

• Like 2