GDT - NYR at Devils 3-21 7pm

Satans Hockey

I don't care if you're pro tank or anti tank, tonight all of that is put aside to beat the scum in that sh!t blue. I'll be there knowing that this might be one of the worst games in terms of fan ratio in a very long time since we aren't making the playoffs. I want a win.

fvck the Rangers. LETS GO DEVILS!!! 

• Like 5

Yea I was thinking this may be a legitimate 50/50 type crowd. We haven't had one of those in a while. Would be a tough game to attend.

Big ups to all the STH's who sell to Rags fans. You guys are the real MVP's. [emoji19]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bless all those Devil fans in attendance, and I think we all agree, if we have to win 1 game the rest of the season, it's this one. Be loud and proud Devil fans!!

Of course, the team has to show up and play like they did in the Philly/Pitt games, and not like the last 2 Jacket games. 

LGD!!

I was going to say the same thing -- we're pretty much all but guaranteed a top 5 draft pick this year, so let's just go all out (not just this game, but most of the rest too), and try to beat these a$$holes.  I hope we go up 3-0 early, then 4-0 late in the 2nd, and most of any of the idiots who happen to be in blue retreat and head home.  

In all honesty, the team should be instructed that this game truly is a matter of pride.  The head coach should be preaching that, and our captain should be preaching that as well. 

Let's Go Devils.

• Like 3

I'm new on here.  I read another Devils blog and there seems to be a sentiment that wanting the Devils to win tonight's game is somehow wrong.  That a win and the 2 points that go with it will somehow ruin this teams draft chances. 

I find this type of thinking beyond believable.  I understand that as few points as possible in the remaining 11 games will increase the Devils lottery chances.  But actually wanting and openly hoping that this team loses to the Rangers.....this is a thought process that I'm not following.  I don't understand this mentality.  Realistically this team is going to barely hit 70 points, if at all.  To openly want this team to lose to the Rangers, this is what it has come to.

Am I off base in my thinking here?  That openly wanting the Rangers to beat the Devils, as a Devils fan, is shameful.   

• Like 3

I'm new on here.  I read another Devils blog and there seems to be a sentiment that wanting the Devils to win tonight's game is somehow wrong.  That a win and the 2 points that go with it will somehow ruin this teams draft chances. 
I find this type of thinking beyond believable.  I understand that as few points as possible in the remaining 11 games will increase the Devils lottery chances.  But actually wanting and openly hoping that this team loses to the Rangers.....this is a thought process that I'm not following.  I don't understand this mentality.  Realistically this team is going to barely hit 70 points, if at all.  To openly want this team to lose to the Rangers, this is what it has come to.

Am I off base in my thinking here?  That openly wanting the Rangers to beat the Devils, as a Devils fan, is shameful.   

Welcome aboard- and no, you aren't off base at all. I get the draft and all, but this is the Rags. If you openly root for a loss to them, turn in your card.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Big ups to all the STH's who sell to Rags fans. You guys are the real MVP's. emoji19.png

Had to work so... sorry, I guess.

Don't know who else we're supposed to sell to, NHL Ticket Exchange doesn't make people verify fandom. Hopefully a Devils fan bought the tickets but there's no way to know.

• Like 1

Also how ridiculous is it that this is our 4th and final meeting with the Rangers this year. I mean the NHL needs to go back to the rivalry fostering 6-8 games a year. We seemingly play then nobody cares Blue Jackets every other game but rarely see our real rivals anymore.

Edited by '7'
  • Like 3

Looking forward to the playoffs starting. Always fun to root for teams in games that matter. fvck the rangers. 

I was looking at the standings earlier and the east picture is really starting to take shape... Barring something unforeseen, the Rags aren't catching Pittsburgh, so they are gonna be locked into the Atlantic bracket as the first wild card and they're probably gonna draw Montreal in the first round (those fvcks may get to the ECF just on the draw, because the Atlantic blows. Hopefully the Habs or Boston can rise to the occasion and take care of business). CBJ-Pittsburgh is just about a done deal, meaning a really good team is going home in the first round. Then you have the likely matchups of Boston-Ottawa and Washington-Toronto. The west is far more up in the air right now.

1 hour ago, Steven M. said:

Had to work so... sorry, I guess.

Don't know who else we're supposed to sell to, NHL Ticket Exchange doesn't make people verify fandom. Hopefully a Devils fan bought the tickets but there's no way to know.

There's a major difference in having to work vs wanting to make a small amount of money in the overall picture of things simply because ya just don't want to go. The latter is the majority of our season ticket holder base.

As a season ticket holder I wish there was an easier way of getting tickets into other Devils fans hands when you can't go but the majority of people on these Facebook groups I've seen are basically looking for free hands outs or to really low ball ya. 

Edited by Satans Hockey

1 hour ago, Jersey Sure said:

I'm not a pro or anti tank person. I just go root for the team and wins, they have no problem losing on their own lol

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I was looking at the standings earlier and the east picture is really starting to take shape... Barring something unforeseen, the Rags aren't catching Pittsburgh, so they are gonna be locked into the Atlantic bracket as the first wild card and they're probably gonna draw Montreal in the first round (those fvcks may get to the ECF just on the draw, because the Atlantic blows. Hopefully the Habs or Boston can rise to the occasion and take care of business). CBJ-Pittsburgh is just about a done deal, meaning a really good team is going home in the first round. Then you have the likely matchups of Boston-Ottawa and Washington-Toronto. The west is far more up in the air right now.

If Washington doesn't do it this year they should just fold.

I don't think the Habs are all that great a matchup for NYR. They seem to traditionally play very well vs. the Rangers at home. And Price can steal that series on his own. Maybe Lundqvist gets the rest he needs and morphs back into his dominant form but...you have to worry about him if you're a Rangers fan. If he has a bad game 1 and looks old...do they go to Raanta?

Toss up series. I don't think NYR could be Pitt if their paths cross. But they can beat Washington. Also they seem to match up terribly with NYI though it doesn't seem like they'll be running into them in the playoffs.

• Like 1

I thought this would be a step back year for NYR where they would be right around where NYI or Toronto is record wise...but they surprised me. Maybe we misread them and they are in for more sustained success than we originally anticipated. 

They have been remarkably consistent all season. No crazy long winning streaks...but absolutely no losing streaks either.

49 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Rangers are 0-3 against Montreal this season. Granted two of the games were close but still, I think Montreal might be a bad matchup for the Rangers and if they do get past them, Ottawa has been good against them as well (pretty sure they still have one more game against them this season)

Anyway, LGD! 

• Like 1

I thought this would be a step back year for NYR where they would be right around where NYI or Toronto is record wise...but they surprised me. Maybe we misread them and they are in for more sustained success than we originally anticipated. 
They have been remarkably consistent all season. No crazy long winning streaks...but absolutely no losing streaks either.

It's certainly helped that Michael fvcking Grabner has 30 (or close to it) goals this season... Who the fvck saw that coming?

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Even if you are pro-tank, you can't root for the Rangers. If you can, turn in your jersey at the door. We'll get you a red white and blue one, loser. 

LGD!!

I never use the Like button because I find it pretty useless -- if I like I post I'll just reply to it and say so...but... I had to use it in this case.  LIIIIIIKE!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

It's certainly helped that Michael fvcking Grabner has 30 (or close to it) goals this season... Who the fvck saw that coming?

Ugh I know. I really wanted us to sign him as a cheap home run threat. I know we're all still scarred from Brunner but at least Grabner has some solid seasons under his belt (and isn't yet 30 I think)