GDT - NYR at Devils 3-21 7pm

Satans Hockey

2 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Welcome aboard- and no, you aren't off base at all. I get the draft and all, but this is the Rags. If you openly root for a loss to them, turn in your card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We had a guy here who was rooting for them over Montreal in the playoffs a few years ago. Forgot his name. Was he a Devils fan?

51 minutes ago, '7' said:

We had a guy here who was rooting for them over Montreal in the playoffs a few years ago. Forgot his name. Was he a Devils fan?

I forgot his name, but he was a Canadian from Quebec who hated the habs more than anything and constantly had to deal with their fans. Understandable from his point of view.

Ugh I know. I really wanted us to sign him as a cheap home run threat. I know we're all still scarred from Brunner but at least Grabner has some solid seasons under his belt (and isn't yet 30 I think)

I think they may have to expose him in the expansion draft, and if they do, he'll almost certainly be selected, along with Raanta. They'll hopefully have difficulty replacing those 25+ goals from Grabner and however many wins Raanta has accounted for.

Sterio Design was his name, he used to post all the time, but yeah he hated the Habs more than any other team because he lived in an area of Canada with a lot of Habs fans (I forget where, but I think he lives in New Brunswick or PEI).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

There's a major difference in having to work vs wanting to make a small amount of money in the overall picture of things simply because ya just don't want to go. The latter is the majority of our season ticket holder base.

As a season ticket holder I wish there was an easier way of getting tickets into other Devils fans hands when you can't go but the majority of people on these Facebook groups I've seen are basically looking for free hands outs or to really low ball ya. 

Yeah, every time I've ever gone on the Devils reddit or something people are just like "I'll send you $5 bucks for them" (and they're being dead serious) or some other troll comment so I just stopped trying when I have work and throw them up on the ticket exchange. Especially in a down year like this it seems almost impossible to move tickets sometimes, which blows, but what can you do. In my five years as a STH, I've only missed this year's rangers games but sometimes it happens like that. I even try moving them to friends or family but as someone with only two seats I have enough trouble even getting people to come with me half the time. If my girlfriend or brother can't go I'm SOL half the time.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Steven M. said:

Yeah, every time I've ever gone on the Devils reddit or something people are just like "I'll send you $5 bucks for them" (and they're being dead serious) or some other troll comment so I just stopped trying when I have work and throw them up on the ticket exchange. Especially in a down year like this it seems almost impossible to move tickets sometimes, which blows, but what can you do. In my five years as a STH, I've only missed this year's rangers games but sometimes it happens like that. I even try moving them to friends or family but as someone with only two seats I have enough trouble even getting people to come with me half the time. If my girlfriend or brother can't go I'm SOL half the time.

Yeah it's been a miserable year trying to sell tickets if you can't make a game. I only missed 1 or 2 so far this season but I'm missing the next few coming up cause I'm going on vacation. I ended up deciding to do buybacks for the games since I renewed anyway. I browsed the secondary market beforehand and I wouldn't have even gotten half the amount of money on there compared to the amount I got for the the buybacks. 

Just now, Satans Hockey said:

Yeah it's been a miserable year trying to sell tickets if you can't make a game. I only missed 1 or 2 so far this season but I'm missing the next few coming up cause I'm going on vacation. I ended up deciding to do buybacks for the games since I renewed anyway. I browsed the secondary market beforehand and I wouldn't have even gotten half the amount of money on there compared to the amount I got for the the buybacks. 

I've still never used those - how do they even work? This year myself and a buddy went in on my account together so we already paid in full. Would the money from this year's buybacks just go into my account? As I understood they went towards paying for next season's tickets but seeing as how we already paid for the whole account I don't know if it's worth it to that. I hear ya though, I got $41 for this Sunday's game, my tickets are $36 a seat. At the same time, I still went to the game because my friend got some lower bowl tickets with his redeemed points so... (not sure if I should be happy about that, left before the 2nd intermission ended anyway lmao)

10 minutes ago, Steven M. said:

I've still never used those - how do they even work? This year myself and a buddy went in on my account together so we already paid in full. Would the money from this year's buybacks just go into my account? As I understood they went towards paying for next season's tickets but seeing as how we already paid for the whole account I don't know if it's worth it to that. I hear ya though, I got $41 for this Sunday's game, my tickets are $36 a seat. At the same time, I still went to the game because my friend got some lower bowl tickets with his redeemed points so... (not sure if I should be happy about that, left before the 2nd intermission ended anyway lmao)

http://devils.ice.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=107630

The buyback chart link is on there, it would show you how much you get based on which game it is. You would have to ask your rep about getting the money back since you paid in full, I would assume they would just have to give you the money back.

Since there is no interest involved I always do the 12 month payment plan. This is the first season I've done any buybacks but after this months payment plan charge they will reduce the buyback money they owe me from my overall amount left and than divide that by however many months I have left so I'll end up paying less per month now. It's come in handy this year because I would have lost a ton of money otherwise. 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 1

I'm as pro-tank as anyone, but fvck anyone who says that a win tonight isn't a good thing for this franchise.  fvck the Rangers, their fans, and their overrated "King" in net.

LGD

8 hours ago, Chuck the Duck said:

This game is going to suck to be at with all those meathead jabroni's wearing blue in the stands.  That said, I will be there.  Hopefully, we put on a performance like we did against Philly last week.  Let's go Devils!!!

Image result for always sunny jabroni gif\

6 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Even if you are pro-tank, you can't root for the Rangers. If you can, turn in your jersey at the door. We'll get you a red white and blue one, loser. 

LGD!!

12116-cm1211605000f52a6b1e6gif-VMgi.gif

9 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Big ups to all the STH's who sell to Rags fans. You guys are the real MVP's. emoji19.png

To be fair (and I'm a STH that DID show up), this is a glorified preseason game at this point. It probably benefits both teams to lose sadly lol, well at best beating them does jack cause they're just playing for seeding.

I do frown on selling 98% of Devil-Ranger games on principle but this is part of the the 2% I can't kill anyone on.

Edited by NJDevs4978