GDT - NYR at Devils 3-21 7pm

Satans Hockey

7 minutes ago, munichdevil said:

Just love Miles Wood. That guy has some guts. Sure, he is very raw, but as they say in baseball... you can't teach speed. I think he will be a Devil for a very long time and we'll have lots of fun watching this guy play for us.

Also as they say in baseball...he's a home run threat. A true runaway freight train when he gets the puck

Still he's got to round his game into form this summer. Need to see him play more controlled and improve his defensive game.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

I remember going to games against them in the Meadowlands circa 2000-2004 and, curiously, didn't see many Rags fans. Wonder why that was....

There were a number of years in the early 2000's that were exactly like that. In fact, it went from you had to be very aggressive to even get Devils-Rangers tix because they would sell out so fast, to kind of being like just another game.

16 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Took a look at the replay, that absolutely should have been an interference penalty. Puck is to the left of Buchnevichs head... 

It definitely should have been interference, and he definitely had time to let up, but since he had him lined up with the corner (which is now round lol) of the glass, he rode him in for maximum effect and to try to make a highlight reel hit. 

I think if the refs weren't there afterwards, Wood would have beat that guy bloody. Guy could barely stay on his feet from the strength of Wood's attack. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Took a look at the replay, that absolutely should have been an interference penalty. Puck is to the left of Buchnevichs head... 

aj0Gycph.jpg

Yes. That's interference. No doubt. It was a missed call. If the puck was maybe...2 feet closer to Holdens left skate then you can let it go and call it a reckless scummy hit but not a penalty. But I see now it should've been a penalty.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Leeds said:

Wait.....Boomer was behind the goal in Game 6 in '12?

I still have it on DVR and want to check it out

Yep. He didn't react much from what I recall. There was a portly ranger fans in shorts a few seats away who throws a classic tantrum when the Devils score.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, '7' said:

Yep. He didn't react much from what I recall. There was a portly ranger fans in shorts a few seats away who throws a classic tantrum when the Devils score.

Yes. I watched it a million times when that douche banged the glass. Still cracks me up

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Derek21 said:

Hall had one of his better games. His goal from Palmieri off a bad Holden turnover was a laser. 8 total shots. But I come away saying Palmieri is their best player. He makes things happen. He forced Raanta into some tough saves early. And he got off to a bad start and still has 25 goals. When they got him, I knew it was a steal. Very good player.

I didn't care about winning. That means nothing. I just want to beat the Islanders and send their annoying fans home. They rarely beat them. It's their Cup. Should be interesting tomorrow.

hall needs someone like that to drive the net he can dish to; good to see play go the other way...not just hall feeding passes.

this whole team has been trying to catch up to hall all season.

8 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

It's typical of Rangers fans. They didn't say boo for years because we were so much better than them, now that the tables have turned they're all out of the woodwork and it's the early 90s again. 

It works both ways. Plenty of Devil fans would come to MSG during the lean years and act like a bunch of jerks. The rivalry hasn't been fun in years. Maybe when the Devils get more competitive, you'll have something. It was nice to see a couple of fights to add some needed juice to a dead rivalry.

9 minutes ago, Derek21 said:

It works both ways. Plenty of Devil fans would come to MSG during the lean years and act like a bunch of jerks. The rivalry hasn't been fun in years. Maybe when the Devils get more competitive, you'll have something. It was nice to see a couple of fights to add some needed juice to a dead rivalry.

By me, every Rangers fan I know goes to Devils home games because they are cheaper and easier to get to. I don't know any Devils fans who go to the Garden. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Derek21 said:

One thing that will help this rivalry is more games. Hard to hate a team when you see them once...then not again for another 3 months. 4 games a year is too few.

And some more playoff series would really help.

Amazing how the Rangers/Flyers rivalry has really fizzled out too. That one is totally dormant. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Derek21 said:

I went to a significant number of Devils Rangers games at the Garden rocking my #30 and can say with 100% certainty I got more sh!t thrown at me for doing nothing more than wearing red than anyone I've ever known personally to wear the blue to CAA or the Rock.

Don't get me wrong, not calling our fans saints by ANY stretch of the word, but the Garden was worse than at the home of the Devils any day in my humble opinion

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mike Brown said:

RECAP

• The Devils weren't great this game, but the battle level was there.
  • Blandisi, Quennveille, and Zacha continue to impress.

EVEN STRENGTH POSSESSION

• CF: 38 to 60, 38.78%
  • FF: 33 to 51, 39.29%
  • SF: 27 to 35, 43.55%

Did you ever notice that like 90.55% of the time, the result of the game is opposite of what you say. Devils weren't great, they won. Devils actually played a pretty good game, they lost. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Did you ever notice that like 90.55% of the time, the result of the game is opposite of what you say. Devils weren't great, they won. Devils actually played a pretty good game, they lost. 

Actually this isn't the case at all.  Have you read any of the other posts I made on the other 65 games?

57 minutes ago, Mike Brown said:

Actually this isn't the case at all.  Have you read any of the other posts I made on the other 65 games?

Yeah, they're kind of unavoidable. I haven't done actual stats on it but it seems like a lot of the time, you're saying we actually played good when we lose. 

I've not got the time or inclination to check. I'm probably a paper tiger. 

On 3/22/2017 at 8:31 PM, jagknife said:

I went to a significant number of Devils Rangers games at the Garden rocking my #30 and can say with 100% certainty I got more sh!t thrown at me for doing nothing more than wearing red than anyone I've ever known personally to wear the blue to CAA or the Rock.

Don't get me wrong, not calling our fans saints by ANY stretch of the word, but the Garden was worse than at the home of the Devils any day in my humble opinion

How long ago was it? Did you sit upstairs? MSG these days is pretty tame. I was surprised to see a actual fight break out between fans during the Islander game. It was better than the game.

On 3/22/2017 at 6:31 PM, '7' said:

One thing that will help this rivalry is more games. Hard to hate a team when you see them once...then not again for another 3 months. 4 games a year is too few.

And some more playoff series would really help.

Amazing how the Rangers/Flyers rivalry has really fizzled out too. That one is totally dormant. 

By playing less division games due to the format, it sucks. There's no longer much emphasis on rivalries. When's the last time the Rangers and Devils played a traditional home and home?

I was only at the Garden for a game once, wearing a Devils hat. A grown man threatened to throw me over the rail to the lower section. 

I was 11 years old. In fairness, I'm pretty confident he was drunk enough that I could have kicked his ass. 

On 3/22/2017 at 6:26 PM, mfitz804 said:

By me, every Rangers fan I know goes to Devils home games because they are cheaper and easier to get to. I don't know any Devils fans who go to the Garden. 

I have no clue who goes to those anymore. It used to be a must game to go to. Now, I hardly go at all. Partially due to my situation. My family goes to more games. If there's an extra from someone we know, i go. I have been to four games so far. And honestly, it's not about the hockey anymore. The renovation has taken the steam out of the place. You get plenty of late comers who just go to their seats during play without waiting for a whistle. It's pretty sucky. Most regulars are gone. Many will cancel due to higher prices that sit below us. I don't blame them. Then there's the whole way the Rangers play. Never any edge. No physicality. All due to the coach. My Dad and brother can't stand the way they play. I hate it too. Other games I watch have more emotion and battles. It's not winning hockey.

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I was only at the Garden for a game once, wearing a Devils hat. A grown man threatened to throw me over the rail to the lower section. 

I was 11 years old. In fairness, I'm pretty confident he was drunk enough that I could have kicked his ass. 

Haha. That must've been when the rivalry was still good.