Devils hinting at new uniforms in solicitation email

'7'

27 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

I think this is a nice break from the rest of the topics that are being discussed and beaten to death.

I really don't know how many permutations of 1) Devils suck 2) Expansion Draft 3) Entry Draft 4) Shattenkirk 5) Cory vs Kinkaid you can have in here to where it is still fresh.

Pretty much this.  Not much harm in discussing a possible jersey change, and contrary to what some posters seem to think, several members here are quite capable of discussing the above AND next year's jerseys at the same time. 

This being said, unfortunately without any concrete designs to discuss or react to, all of our responses on this topic are likely to be variations of:

"Don't touch the jerseys, they've basically been unaltered since the '92-'93 season, Devils won three Cups wearing them, they're perfect as is"

"I'm somewhat open to some minor changes and tweaks, but at least leave the logo alone"

"Any redesign is going to suck" (with blame being assessed to ownership, Adidas, etc)

I do think most Devils fans would prefer to see either completely unchanged jerseys, or slight changes (like Leeds wanting the black shoulders out).

My response is pretty much in the middle...I'd be 100% on-board with no changes at all, but I've pretty much accepted that some kind of change was coming eventually...25 years is a long time to go without some kind of refresh, so I'd be OK with some slight revamping, or even some kind of mash-up of the Christmas classics and the current version.  I'm cautiously hopeful/optimistic that I won't despise the new design at first sight.  The good news is that, if worse comes to worst, and the new jerseys turn out to be that detestable to the majority of the fanbase...that mistakes can be undone.  We've seen that happen with Buffa-slug and Fishsticks. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DevsMan84 said:

I think this is a nice break from the rest of the topics that are being discussed and beaten to death.

I really don't know how many permutations of 1) Devils suck 2) Expansion Draft 3) Entry Draft 4) Shattenkirk 5) Cory vs Kinkaid you can have in here to where it is still fresh.

I'll take it a step further. It's an Internet forum about the Devils. I'll say anything I feel like saying about them, whether it's "we suck" to "what does the team eat for breakfast", and you can't stop me.

If you don't want to read a thread about the jerseys (or breakfast), have done impulse control and stop clicking on it!!!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, njdevil26 said:

I am hoping they use the retro template but just change the green to black. Those would look very nice.

Retro template?   I'm confused............you mean the old style unis, but green to black?    

46 minutes ago, Jimmy Leeds said:

Retro template?   I'm confused............you mean the old style unis, but green to black?    

Exactly. Use the exact retro jersey... only different would be changing the green to black. So it would be the retros that we see now, but red white black.

29 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I agree, not too bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My only beef with those is that red sleeve stripe...to me, on both these and the originals, it always looked as though the white "border" is a misplaced white piece of tape.  I'd rather see the white/black/white striping pattern that's on the current jerseys for the sleeves.  I like the white border on the shoulders though. 

But the old striping pattern works for the white jerseys. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, njdevil26 said:

Someone on HF Boards but this together. Change the tail to red too. 

Exbp6tx.png

I would be totally fine with that. That's actually tremendous and maintains our identity.

One thing I hope they do is have a planned "leak" of the jersey to gauge fan reaction.

8 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I could get on board with this, if a change is absolutely necessary.

Stripes on elbows, pants and shins are a little busy imo

I didn't really pay too much attention to that at first, but looking at it closer, I agree the stripes on the pants are definitely too busy.  Same with the elbows and shins, but the pants for sure.

These aren't terrible, although I still prefer our current jerseys over the retro jersey design pattern.  The stripes on the elbows and socks need to be changed (preferably to match the bottom hem stripes.  I like the idea of the stripes on the pants.  It ads a little something extra to the overall uniform design. 

9 hours ago, njdevil26 said:

My big worry is the adidas stripes. If Manchester United, Juventus, Bayern Munich, and Real Madrid have to have them, I don't see exceptions being made for NHL teams.

I want to say I remember reading somewhere, no clue where on a source anymore, but that adidas was not going to force teams to have the trademark 3 stripes.

3 hours ago, Chuck the Duck said:

These aren't terrible, although I still prefer our current jerseys over the retro jersey design pattern.  The stripes on the elbows and socks need to be changed (preferably to match the bottom hem stripes.  I like the idea of the stripes on the pants.  It ads a little something extra to the overall uniform design.

Agreed. I actually like those pants quite a bit. 

29 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

I absolutely fvcking love that idea, have always thought it would look slick. Agreed the helmets could use a little black, maybe all black. 

I always thought if they "modernize" our logo by simply removing the circle, it could look okay. Maybe if the logo was all white and black outline on the red jersey? I'm handy with photoshop, I'll mock up what I mean tomorrow at work haha. 

The same guy posted on twitter a mock up of the black helmets, they didnt look right, IMO. looking for my retweet today to post the picture here, standby

Edited by jagknife