New York Mets 2017 Season Thread

NJDevs4978

Torn UCL. Unreal. Not that the WBC was the cause of it but it does give me a reason to continue to hate on the WBC. Was really looking forward to Lugo being a contributor this year. 

And the first checkup showed nothing? Just a dead arm? Now a torn UCL? What the heck is going on there?

"Slight tear" sure. Only if you're the Yankees with Tanaka does everything end up hunky dory with that. I'm sure Lugo will need TJS. I would be shocked if steps on the mound for us in 2017 at all.

Edited by '7'

1 hour ago, NJDevs4978 said:

I would say no except they ostensibly tried to sign him during ST.  I think if they do sign him Cabrera is gone and if not Cabrera probably gets the option picked up. I can't see them keeping both again.

Apparently Lugo now has a torn UCL...pitchers.

No shock there, of course it was going to be something bad.  We won't see him this season. 

Wow has Rafael Montero's relevancy rating skyrocketed in the last two weeks.

And for that matter, so has a potential "trade for Colon when more youngin's inevitably go down" scenario.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

1 hour ago, '7' said:

Torn UCL. Unreal. Not that the WBC was the cause of it but it does give me a reason to continue to hate on the WBC. Was really looking forward to Lugo being a contributor this year. 

And the first checkup showed nothing? Just a dead arm? Now a torn UCL? What the heck is going on there?

"Slight tear" sure. Only if you're the Yankees with Tanaka does everything end up hunky dory with that. I'm sure Lugo will need TJS. I would be shocked if steps on the mound for us in 2017 at all.

Do the Met doctors EVER get a first diagnosis right?  EVER?!

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Do the Met doctors EVER get a first diagnosis right?  EVER?!

It is kind of scary how Mets fans now accurately predict the timetable for these disasters...right down to the final prognosis of the ultimately severe injury (which none of us want to see) but ends up happening anyway.

Same old same old (right down to the Ks from the usual suspects).  Guess these guys need the Brave bullpen to come in the game if they're actually going to get some hits.

They're attacking Colon too early and Bartolo has adjusted brilliantly. Not a bad strategy when he's bad Bart but that doesn't look like the case yet. He's even dialed it up to 93-94 today. At least deGrom has been matching zeros

Wow, Bruce juices one.  

Way to keep the momentum going Doofus.  Maybe the Braves will bring in O'Flaherty for ya.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

2 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

That sounds like it would be a John Sterling call :lol:

Heh heh, that's what I was going for.

3 minutes ago, '7' said:

One of those HR's made possible with the normalized dimensions of "new" Citi. But he did rip it. Hey even when Colon is going good he is prone to the solo jack.

I do like that Bruce is coming into this season with a chip on his shoulder.  Maybe he would have gotten it in gear anyway being a FA after the year but it sounds like he's REALLY annoyed at the meme that he couldn't hack it in NY.

19 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

I do like that Bruce is coming into this season with a chip on his shoulder.  Maybe he would have gotten it in gear anyway being a FA after the year but it sounds like he's REALLY annoyed at the meme that he couldn't hack it in NY.

Bruce is one clumsy fielder.  Second double that he played into a triple.

Robles has ability and can be good, but he will never be a guy you can be fully confident in.  

This is why I can't stand overrated hotshot Robles. He's all hat no cattle. Wild, unreliable, unclutch. Guy is a total powder-keg. And when he does do something well he celebrates like a jackass. I think he definitely has a reputation around the NL and teams get e bit extra fired up to beat this guy.

Edited by '7'

2 minutes ago, '7' said:

This is why I can't stand overrated hotshot Robles. He's all hat no cattle. Wild, unreliable, unclutch. Guy is a total powder-keg. And when he does do something well he celebrates like a jackass. I think he definitely has a reputation around the NL and teams get e bit extra fired up to beat this guy.

At least in two weeks it'll be Salas in the seventh inning instead of this freaking guy.

Just now, NJDevs4978 said:

At least in two weeks it'll be Salas in the seventh inning instead of this freaking guy.

Can't come soon enough.  

Lol @ Jacob Josefson Lagares.  So true in so many ways.  And yeah, Bruce pretty much HAS to hit, because he's a scary fielder.