GDT: Thank You Patty. 6PM

RunninWithTheDevil

62.92%RECAP

• This reminds me of 10 years ago when the Devils were playing the Islanders where if they won, the Leafs would have made the playoffs.
  • Well once again we say F**k you to the Leafs
  • Halak was a god tonight.

EVEN STRENGTH POSSESSION

• CF: 56 to 33, 62.92%
  • FF: 39 to 26, 60%
  • SF: 31 to 18, 63.27%

After this team clears out their lockers, they should sterilize them too.  

• Like 2

You are all the biggest bunch of sour apples. Yeah, this team sucks, but I'm still going to miss watching Devils hockey after tomorrow night.

They actually played quite well tonight, but Halak was fantastic. I hope next year out of camp they start Zacha and Hall together, Zacha was great tonight and I can see those two building some natural chemistry.

• Like 2

I love Devils hockey but I'm sick of watching this team out shoot their opponents yet still give up a sh!t ton of goals and lose. I'm glad I'm done going until September cause this has been painful.

The Elias stuff was great but at the same time another reminder of how great we use to be. 5 straight seasons of no playoffs and I just don't see how we make it next year either. 

fvck the Islanders and their dipsh!t fans yelling on the way out, an hour later and they are out of the playoffs too. fvcking idiots. 

Edited by Satans Hockey

48 minutes ago, CommonDreads said:

You are all the biggest bunch of sour apples. Yeah, this team sucks, but I'm still going to miss watching Devils hockey after tomorrow night.

They actually played quite well tonight, but Halak was fantastic. I hope next year out of camp they start Zacha and Hall together, Zacha was great tonight and I can see those two building some natural chemistry.

I couldn't agree more. The Devils played their asses off. They didn't intentionally tank. They worked hard and created a lot of quality shots and chances on Halak, who was unbelievable. Losing can change fans. It's not easy. Yeah. They stink as a team. But I saw a lot of effort from them trying to give the fans who cheered Elias and support the team a good send off. It's not all negative when you see your team give an honest effort. Kudos again to Elias. My favorite rival player from the Devs. All class till the end. Future HHOF. 

13 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Makes me sick. I absolutely detest them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like them. They play with passion and have great kids who have a lot of skill and grit. That was such an exciting conclusion to a game. Matthews is amazing. 40 goals. American too! That's your Calder winner. Nylander. Marner. Brown with the unreal tip. The Leafs have had nothing to cheer about for years. They had their starting goalie knocked out and had to rely on McElhinney's huge stop on Crosby to make it. Story book stuff. It's great for hockey to have Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto all in. Edmonton and Calgary too. 

They will probably get swept by the Caps, I'm not even worried about it. 

I hope so, but the Caps live for making sh!t much harder than it needs to be- I wouldn't be shocked at all to see the Leafs make it interesting. Plus I just hate that that franchise seems to have a bright future. Here's to them having to wait another 50 years though, fvck them.

• Like 1

Even though they suck, I was glad they got a nice ovation at the end. Regardless of how bad they are, they're still our team. The Patty stuff with Gio and his family made me cry. No shame. I love Patrik Elias, he will forever be my favorite Devil and damn I can't wait for that jersey retirement.

anyway... sh!tty loss, glad the year is coming to a conclusion, but this time next week I'll be missing them. Another season in the books. I'm glad I started posting here again though, it's been fun talking to you all again. Probably going to miss most of tomorrow's game so until some news in the offseason... let's go Devils...

• Like 4

Even though they suck, I was glad they got a nice ovation at the end. Regardless of how bad they are, they're still our team. The Patty stuff with Gio and his family made me cry. No shame. I love Patrik Elias, he will forever be my favorite Devil and damn I can't wait for that jersey retirement.
anyway... sh!tty loss, glad the year is coming to a conclusion, but this time next week I'll be missing them. Another season in the books. I'm glad I started posting here again though, it's been fun talking to you all again. Probably going to miss most of tomorrow's game so until some news in the offseason... let's go Devils...

Pretty much echoes my sentiments to the word here Steven... I stayed and applauded them, just as they gave us the stick salute. This year has been brutal, no other way to say it- but in the end, that's still my team out on the ice, and as miserable as its been, I know they aren't out there trying to lose... They just don't have the horses.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Derek21 said:

I couldn't agree more. The Devils played their asses off. They didn't intentionally tank. They worked hard and created a lot of quality shots and chances on Halak, who was unbelievable. Losing can change fans. It's not easy. Yeah. They stink as a team. But I saw a lot of effort from them trying to give the fans who cheered Elias and support the team a good send off. It's not all negative when you see your team give an honest effort. Kudos again to Elias. My favorite rival player from the Devs. All class till the end. Future HHOF. 

Oh stuff it Ranger fan.  Yes, some of us are feeling a bit cranky...this season really took a shocking and crazy turn, when at one point it was actually flirting with respectability.  I've said many times that (for the most part) that they do try but are short on talent.  Doesn't mean watching them lose damned near every game down the stretch has been any easier.  

You were plenty pissy after the Devils swept the Rangers in 2005-06...I'm sure the last thing you would've wanted to hear from a Devils fan was "Hey, be happy, you made the playoffs at least, how long had it been since you last did?"  Yeah, we're aggravated right now, and we have a right to be...in my case, it's not anyone in particular, just the general situation.  

• Like 3