GDT: Thank You Patty. 6PM

RunninWithTheDevil

12 minutes ago, Derek21 said:

I couldn't agree more. The Devils played their asses off. They didn't intentionally tank. They worked hard and created a lot of quality shots and chances on Halak, who was unbelievable. Losing can change fans. It's not easy. Yeah. They stink as a team. But I saw a lot of effort from them trying to give the fans who cheered Elias and support the team a good send off. It's not all negative when you see your team give an honest effort. Kudos again to Elias. My favorite rival player from the Devs. All class till the end. Future HHOF. 

Oh stuff it Ranger fan.  Yes, some of us are feeling a bit cranky...this season really took a shocking and crazy turn, when at one point it was actually flirting with respectability.  I've said many times that (for the most part) that they do try but are short on talent.  Doesn't mean watching them lose damned near every game down the stretch has been any easier.  

You were plenty pissy after the Devils swept the Rangers in 2005-06...I'm sure the last thing you would've wanted to hear from a Devils fan was "Hey, be happy, you made the playoffs at least, how long had it been since you last did?"  Yeah, we're aggravated right now, and we have a right to be...in my case, it's not anyone in particular, just the general situation.  

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Pretty much echoes my sentiments to the word here Steven... I stayed and applauded them, just as they gave us the stick salute. This year has been brutal, no other way to say it- but in the end, that's still my team out on the ice, and as miserable as its been, I know they aren't out there trying to lose... They just don't have the horses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree, will always be my team, no matter what.  Just a very disappointing season overall.  But it can't get any worse.  It really feels like they've finally bottomed out...after wondering when exactly that might happen, we really don't have to anymore.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Oh stuff it Ranger fan.  Yes, some of us are feeling a bit cranky...this season really took a shocking and crazy turn, when at one point it was actually flirting with respectability.  I've said many times that (for the most part) that they do try but are short on talent.  Doesn't mean watching them lose damned near every game down the stretch has been any easier.  

You were plenty pissy after the Devils swept the Rangers in 2005-06...I'm sure the last thing you would've wanted to hear from a Devils fan was "Hey, be happy, you made the playoffs at least, how long had it been since you last did?"  Yeah, we're aggravated right now, and we have a right to be...in my case, it's not anyone in particular, just the general situation.  

Uhh, worst finish in what, 30ish years? This season was abysmal, of course we're pissed. Don't really need to hear BS from a fan of another team that's playoff bound telling our fans how they should feel. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

God forbid I post something that isn't what you or others want to hear. That was 11 years ago. Do you even remember what I told you about that series? I said they had no chance. But you choose to ignore it because that's what this board has become. This place used to be fun to talk hockey. Not anymore. So many good posters got chased away. I liked it a lot better when the teams were both competitive. But if the shoe were reversed, we know the truth. I don't have to spell it out for you. I don't care. Stuff that! 

I don't mean to sound rude or anything, but I haven't been here for as long as most of you guys and I don't really know your stories etc, but if you're a rangers fan, then what the fvck are you doing here? Again, not trying to be rude or start a fight. I'm just curious. Because there's no way in hell, that I'd ever go to any of the rangers message boards etc. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Derek21 said:

God forbid I post something that isn't what you or others want to hear. That was 11 years ago. Do you even remember what I told you about that series? I said they had no chance. But you choose to ignore it because that's what this board has become. This place used to be fun to talk hockey. Not anymore. So many good posters got chased away. I liked it a lot better when the teams were both competitive. But if the shoe were reversed, we know the truth. I don't have to spell it out for you. I don't care. Stuff that! 

If the board has become such a horrible place where it's no longer fun to talk hockey, then why do you keep posting here?  To kill time between inevitable cheap shots?  (Like starting a GDT at 1 in the morning, then claiming you did it because no one here cared to?  Or to act like you're some bastion of reality that's just SOOOO in-tune that we can't handle it?)  And it's not like you haven't left here in a snit before (only to come back) more than once, when the board was supposedly so much better.

It's not that complicated...post all you want and whatever you want, even if you're a fan of our top rival...as much as I think that it's odd that a fan of a good team that's playoff-bound wants to post in the site of a very bad team as often as you do, I would never tell you not to.  But we're allowed to take you to task for things we disagree with.  This team is losing and losing and losing some more.  It sucks.  Sure, it's great that they're going to draft much higher than usual, and I'm as aware as anyone that ALL franchises suffer through downturns like this.  Doesn't mean we're not allowed to feel some negativity about what's been going on, or about any one game in particular (like last night's).  And no, with all of the losses piling up, I didn't exactly care to hear from a Ranger fan last night about how we should feel, even if you were merely agreeing with a Devils fan in your post.  

As far as some members leaving the board...I'm not calling out anyone specifically, but when a team is becoming a perennial non-factor (with many younger fans only knowing success and relevancy), some fans are going to dial down their involvement for a while, and find other, less frustrating things to do with their time, which I get.  With the fairly recent past that this team enjoyed, some fans don't really want to acknowledge the present, or are having difficulty processing it.  Though I kept watching, and though my daughter is now an interested Devils fan (my lone victory of this god-awful season), I can't say that it was much fun overall.

And yes, rivalries will always be much more fun and interesting when both teams are playing at a similar level.  Right now we don't have that with the Devils and Rangers, and I can't really venture to guess when exactly that will happen.  I just hope it's relatively soon.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2

I'd block them because I have no desire to read what either of the 2 Rangers fans here have to say but that feature is rather pointless since you can see the posts any time someone quotes them. 

In reference to how great this board use to be compared to now, this board is still the best. There are so many more options of places to talk about the team vs 10-15 years ago. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, generally all filled with stupid idiots. Tons of blog websites that nobody gives a sh!t about,  etc etc etc. 

Losing these past 5 seasons have weeded out some of the fair weather bandwagon fans and that's a major reason why people posting here is down. 

People have been telling you to fvck off for years, even way back when. It's funny how easily you forget that. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Derek21 said:

Don't let the door hit ya, hunny

This board is no better or worse than it used to be, period. NJDevs is NJDevs. It's the best place to talk hockey. That's it. You'll lose posters because fairweather fans disappear. You'll lose posters because people lose interest in posting. You'll lose posters because kids grow up and move on from some facets of social media. You'll lose posters because some people just become too busy with their outside lives. sh!t happens. It doesn't mean anything. This place is great. It's been my "home" since I've been 16 years old...I'm 32 now. I may not post like I uses to (which is probably for the best lol) but NJDevs will always be home to me. 

Edited by Weekes Head
  • Like 5

I have to admit this place is a lot better and far more tolerable than what you read on social media.  The one real big complaint I have here is that outside of talking about strictly on-ice matters, the rest gets lost in the shuffle.  The mods here could literally get rid of all the sub-forums with the exception of Hell and Locker Room and very few would notice at this point.  That is really the only reason why I venture out to social media and HF Boards these days.

Also want to make it clear this isn't something that is unique to this forum.  My other hobby is hockey jerseys and my favorite place to talk about them is another forum.  I am also apart of large and very active FB jersey groups, but they are complete romper rooms.

Re the game: I decided to go to the game only a few days before as I had a feeling I would regret it being Patty is my favorite all time hockey player.  Have to say I am pleased with my decision and I could have just went home after the pre-game ceremonies and been content.  The game was miserable even though we seemed to be outplaying the Islanders most of the game.  Halak was definitely the equalizer.