2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

He posts that ridiculous article and then goes on twitter to essentially pat himself on the back with some stale memes :lol: 

He also posted a "response video" where he goes after Trotz pretty personally, because Trotz shut him down in the post-game pressure.

It's embarrassing, really.  This guy is a joke, and is somehow a journalist?

Trotz is as class as they come. fvck that guy.

He posts that ridiculous article and then goes on twitter to essentially pat himself on the back with some stale memes :lol: 
He also posted a "response video" where he goes after Trotz pretty personally, because Trotz shut him down in the post-game pressure.
It's embarrassing, really.  This guy is a joke, and is somehow a journalist?

Gotta love when a reporter tries to make the story about him. [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Gotta love when a reporter tries to make the story about him. emoji849.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mean just look at this guy, everything about him reeks of douchebag.

"I'm a flea-bit peanut monkey.  All my friends are junkies.  That's not really true..".  I mean this REEKS of trying to seem "le totally random xD", it's freakin embarrassing. 

His twitter profile is a similar goldmine for cringe.

Untitled.png

Edit: From hfboards: "The unjustified self-righteousness of a politician mixed with the emotional maturity of a 12 year old does not a good reporter make." :lol: nailed it

Edited by Devilsfan118
  • Like 1

A lot of these Hockey columnists are a big bunch of attention-seeking dorks.

This is why I am happy we had TG and AG as our beat writers for the past 10+ years.  While AG is a little looser, TG was always straight as an arrow and didn't have to be hokey to get eyeballs on his blog/tweets.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Really? I didn't realize that, I thought both were franchise making all stars. 

:troll1:

Not in talent or effect they have on their team's play. But they both have rotten grapefruit heads and no matter how skilled they are, a shot in the head could affect them equally. 

Color me wrong. Concussion for Crosby

On 05/01/2017 at 8:42 PM, mfitz804 said:

If he didn't overreact/dive following the Ovechkin slash, he wouldn't have fallen into Niskanen. 

Someone's never ice skated before, huh? He wasn't reacting to the slash, his left skate was clipped and be lost balance. No fault on Ovechkin, but Niskanen deserved what he got. He wasn't going after him, but he certainly didn't just brace himself like some have suggested.

In other news, Nashville.

6 hours ago, thecoffeecake said:

Someone's never ice skated before, huh? He wasn't reacting to the slash, his left skate was clipped and be lost balance. No fault on Ovechkin, but Niskanen deserved what he got. He wasn't going after him, but he certainly didn't just brace himself like some have suggested.

In other news, Nashville.

I have skated plenty. I saw him get tapped on the helmet and throw his head back like he was just hit with a bat. I didnt notice his skate getting clipped. 

Having re-reviewed it, yup, you are right. His over reaction wasn't why he fell. 

The thing I really take away is how dangerous it is to play hockey with   a concussion history. I'm not quite sure what Niskanen's thinking was, but it wasn't an especially violent hit. But he got him right in the head, with Crosby's momentum coming toward him. Bad stuff. 

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I have skated plenty. I saw him get tapped on the helmet and throw his head back like he was just hit with a bat. I didnt notice his skate getting clipped. 

Having re-reviewed it, yup, you are right. His over reaction wasn't why he fell. 

The thing I really take away is how dangerous it is to play hockey with   a concussion history. I'm not quite sure what Niskanen's thinking was, but it wasn't an especially violent hit. But he got him right in the head, with Crosby's momentum coming toward him. Bad stuff. 

Knowing what we know now, we might lose some great players  early in their careers. Who knows what kind of quality of life Crosby will have or even does have now. I'm hoping we'll have some breakthroughs with helmet technology.

Nashville vs St Louis and Pitt vs Washington have both become really nasty and highly entertaining series.  I haven't been able to watch Ottawa vs NY but really have no desire to either since I feel like I know how this one ends.    

Nobody expected Ottawa to win this thing in 4. Rags were going to win a game at home. It was inevitable. Sens now have to man up and win game 4 or worst case scenario win game 5 at home.

• Like 1

On Tuesday, May 02, 2017 at 7:34 PM, mfitz804 said:

Jesus, this guy Anderson blows goats at handling the puck. 

He's literally the worst. Like. Legit. My god. He cannot handle the puck to save his life. 

Ottawa fans must want to duct tape him to the posts.

• Like 1