2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

2 minutes ago, andy said:

I get your point but I'm just happy to see them gone.  I remember hearing people say they were happy Trump got the nomination because he'd be easy to beat, didn't work out like that.  I would have been happy to see them gone in the 1st round.

Yeah, not really complaining, and definitely better to just have it done with.

Just now, Nicomo said:

Now if we can just get Pitt out I wouldn't care who wins. 

I don't hate Pittsburgh, but I am sick of them all the same. Alas, no Hawks..no Rags...no Pens...best outcome that could possibly happen outside of the Devils actually being in the postseason!

• Like 1

A most glorious night indeed!  Sens toast? No way I saw them winning this series after Games 3-4 at MSG. The Swede is still ringless, the Rangers season is over...what did Jackie Gleason used to so famously say?

Have to admit I was getting worried...simply because of how Pitt is sputtering (granted nobody will be surprised if they win 7-2 tomorrow) and Washington is such a wild card. If the Rags made it out of Ottawa alive it would've been a coin flip of them going to the finals. And once you get there...who knows.

Speaking frankly and putting aside my biases, they got pretty unlucky vs. Ottawa too. Two late blown leads, two OT losses. For them this was a stomach punch series. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, '7' said:

Have to admit I was getting worried...simply because of how Pitt is sputtering (granted nobody will be surprised if they win 7-2 tomorrow) and Washington is such a wild card. If the Rags made it out of Ottawa alive it would've been a coin flip of them going to the finals. And once you get there...who knows.

Speaking frankly and putting aside my biases, they got pretty unlucky vs. Ottawa too. Two late blown leads, two OT losses. For them this was a stomach punch series. 

Me too, before the playoffs started I honestly had them going to the Finals if they didn't play Pittsburgh, and once Pittsburgh started getting hurt and Crosby's soft head came into play, I was getting mighty nervous.  Thankfully Ottawa somehow won 4 games getting reeeeeally lucky.

'94 and nevermore, hope everyone can keep their emotions in check watching this very touching linked video.

https://streamable.com/c22jw

• Like 5

Thank you Ottawa for your support. I didn't think you had it in ya.  This one will hurt ny for a long time. They placed themselves in the weaker bracket by playing avg hockey the final 4 weeks. Got the weaker draw of the Atlantic div. "powers". Then blew basically all 3 road games in Ottawa, of which all were winnable. Oh well. That's the Stanley Cup Playoffs.  Better team doesn't always win...  :D

Now, just get the pens out, and oilers (for Taylor Hall's mental state), and this will be a fun final month of 'who cares who wins it all' (to me anyway...). 

• Like 1