2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

So happy to see Nashville doing so well, I've always loved that franchise because I've seen them as New Jersey west in a way. Always been a team built around goaltending, defense, and offense by committee, not some obnoxious big market team either. They're a small market team but they have fantastic fans, want to see them win it all so bad.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Nicomo said:

I think the Preds could beat them.

At least it looks like there's no way the Rags are getting out of the east.

Don't be so sure.  They can easily come back and win this series over Ottawa, then find themselves completely healthy and up against an injury riddled Pens team without Crosby.  I wouldn't bet against them winning that series as the Pens always seem to have trouble with them.  I hate to say it, but this is setting up to be the best shot the Rags are going to get to win a Cup during the Queen's era.   

5 minutes ago, Chuck the Duck said:

Don't be so sure.  They can easily come back and win this series over Ottawa, then find themselves completely healthy and up against an injury riddled Pens team without Crosby.  I wouldn't bet against them winning that series as the Pens always seem to have trouble with them.  I hate to say it, but this is setting up to be the best shot the Rags are going to get to win a Cup during the Queen's era.   

fwiw, Crosby is skating again.

Rags/Pens would be a total tossup with Crosby back. But the Pens are good and hungry. And the Rags are likely going to need 7 to beat Ottawa (IF they beat Ottawa)

3 hours ago, Chuck the Duck said:

I give them a 5% chance of beating Pittsburgh if they get that far.

Oh for fvcks sakes. Why do I feel like Ottawa is about to completely fall apart?

Probably because they are... Another pathetic team that can't actually step on the Rags' throats when given the chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

The East is so fvcking pathetic. The same bullsh!t is going to happen every year. ..the Caps choke like the pansies they are, the Penguins steamroll through the competition (because, well, there's hardly any...), the Rags will find a way to slither to the Conference Finals, and the rest of the teams will show flashes of brilliance and promptly freak out and repeatedly sh!t the bed. Someone buy these teams an economy size box of Depends and let's go. fvck. This sh!t pisses me off.

At least the West has been pretty exciting. 

Edit: Oh, yeah. The Habs. How could I forget? It's not the Stanley Cup Playoffs if they aren't around to throw a choke job into the mix as well. Not that I'm complaining about THAT.

Edited by Weekes Head
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Weekes Head said:

The East is so fvcking pathetic. The same bullsh!t is going to happen every year. ..the Caps choke like the pansies they are, the Penguins steamroll through the competition (because, well, there's hardly any...), the Rags will find a way to slither to the Conference Finals, and the rest of the teams will show flashes of brilliance and promptly freak out and repeatedly sh!t the bed. Someone buy these teams an economy size box of Depends and let's go. fvck. This sh!t pisses me off.

At least the West has been pretty exciting. 

Toronto is up and coming and Tampa is damn good when they're healthy, but yeah this is getting old.

Just now, Nicomo said:

Toronto is up and coming and Tampa is damn good when they're healthy, but yeah this is getting old.

I really don't mind Toronto. Actually I used to actively hate them on the same level as Philly (think back to the early 00s and Tie the Turtle Domi) but it's hard to hate this team now. I hope they stay around in the conversation for a while. 

• Like 1

There are times, watching these garbage teams that we have to depend on to knock out the Rags, be it Montreal in the first round or this mediocre sh!t stain of an Ottawa team now in this round, where I really wanna bust into their locker room in between periods so I can tell them what a bunch of sackless, gutless, dickless losers they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, '7' said:

How did Ottawa even beat Boston?

Rags will easily take the next two. Series is over

Agreed, Sens were fortunate to win first two games at home...tonight they looked 1.5 steps behind the team I detest and hold in contempt like no other.