Jump to content

2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread


MadDog2020
 Share

Recommended Posts

Man. I honestly feel so bad for Lundqvist and the Rangers fans. Honestly what a deserving athlete and HAHAHAHAH JUST FVCKING KIDDING SUCK ROCKS BIIIIIIITCH.

SHOW ME WHERES YOUR CROWN, KING NOTHINGGGGGG? 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Have to admit I was getting worried...simply because of how Pitt is sputtering (granted nobody will be surprised if they win 7-2 tomorrow) and Washington is such a wild card. If the Rags made it out of Ottawa alive it would've been a coin flip of them going to the finals. And once you get there...who knows.

Speaking frankly and putting aside my biases, they got pretty unlucky vs. Ottawa too. Two late blown leads, two OT losses. For them this was a stomach punch series. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, '7' said:

Have to admit I was getting worried...simply because of how Pitt is sputtering (granted nobody will be surprised if they win 7-2 tomorrow) and Washington is such a wild card. If the Rags made it out of Ottawa alive it would've been a coin flip of them going to the finals. And once you get there...who knows.

Speaking frankly and putting aside my biases, they got pretty unlucky vs. Ottawa too. Two late blown leads, two OT losses. For them this was a stomach punch series. 

Me too, before the playoffs started I honestly had them going to the Finals if they didn't play Pittsburgh, and once Pittsburgh started getting hurt and Crosby's soft head came into play, I was getting mighty nervous.  Thankfully Ottawa somehow won 4 games getting reeeeeally lucky.

'94 and nevermore, hope everyone can keep their emotions in check watching this very touching linked video.

 

https://streamable.com/c22jw

 

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you Ottawa for your support. I didn't think you had it in ya.  This one will hurt ny for a long time. They placed themselves in the weaker bracket by playing avg hockey the final 4 weeks. Got the weaker draw of the Atlantic div. "powers". Then blew basically all 3 road games in Ottawa, of which all were winnable. Oh well. That's the Stanley Cup Playoffs.  Better team doesn't always win...  :D

Now, just get the pens out, and oilers (for Taylor Hall's mental state), and this will be a fun final month of 'who cares who wins it all' (to me anyway...). 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is fantastic, here's hoping they release an updated one with this year's results.
I'd say the Rangers window has effectively closed.
Wonder if Hank gets exposed to Vegas?

They can't expose him, he has a NMC.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, JSR said:

Me too, before the playoffs started I honestly had them going to the Finals if they didn't play Pittsburgh, and once Pittsburgh started getting hurt and Crosby's soft head came into play, I was getting mighty nervous.  Thankfully Ottawa somehow won 4 games getting reeeeeally lucky.

'94 and nevermore, hope everyone can keep their emotions in check watching this very touching linked video.

 

https://streamable.com/c22jw

 

 

Love this.  It just made my day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, '7' said:

Have to admit I was getting worried...simply because of how Pitt is sputtering (granted nobody will be surprised if they win 7-2 tomorrow) and Washington is such a wild card. If the Rags made it out of Ottawa alive it would've been a coin flip of them going to the finals. And once you get there...who knows.

Speaking frankly and putting aside my biases, they got pretty unlucky vs. Ottawa too. Two late blown leads, two OT losses. For them this was a stomach punch series. 

Lol. Dude, you were "getting worried" because it's your natural state to be worried.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:


They can't expose him, he has a NMC.

I'm 99% they weren't going to expose him anyway. Besides the backlash they would receive from their fanbase, I don't think they were exposing the face of their franchise in an expansion draft. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm 99% they weren't going to expose him anyway. Besides the backlash they would receive from their fanbase, I don't think they were exposing the face of their franchise in an expansion draft. 

Oh yeah, not a chance- I was just saying they couldn't even if they wanted to. I hope they end up losing Rantaa for nothing, but I think they'll move him to a team that needs a starter and pick up one of that team's goalies and expose whoever that is.

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great that the Rangers got knocked out (looks like their current window isn't going to see them get it done...still a nice run really, but it's always hollow when it doesn't result in a championship).

Still really miss when my playoff hockey existence revolved around each and every Devils game...I can only take so much pleasure in our rival not getting it done.  Hate that it's come to that...that I can't cheer for my team come playoff time, and whatever pleasure I get is derived from the failures of others.  Not like every team doesn't go through it, as has been noted many times, but man am I going to LOVE talking about DEVILS playoff hockey again.  Hopefully soon.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

To brighten your mornings, I present to you all: Sad Hank 2017

https://streamable.com/5cw7d

I still think the Kings beating him for the Cup in OT is my favorite. The sudden ending and how he just lays there for what feels like an eternity. This was fantastic in a different way, though.

Edited by Steven M.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Great that the Rangers got knocked out (looks like their current window isn't going to see them get it done...still a nice run really, but it's always hollow when it doesn't result in a championship).

Still really miss when my playoff hockey existence revolved around each and every Devils game...I can only take so much pleasure in our rival not getting it done.  Hate that it's come to that...that I can't cheer for my team come playoff time, and whatever pleasure I get is derived from the failures of others.  Not like every team doesn't go through it, as has been noted many times, but man am I going to LOVE talking about DEVILS playoff hockey again.  Hopefully soon.

Amen brother

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have no problem with a little schadenfreude. Especially if its the Rangers or Flyers. Hopefully we are building our way back to being perennial contenders. This off season is going to be ginormous. Shero has an amazing opportunity to remold the franchise.... he better not %&)#% it up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.