2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

For a lot of people, hockey just doesn't take. I have friends that I've taken to games who LOVE baseball, football, basketball...and when they're at the hockey game, they seem like they're feeling it...but can take it or leave it when the game's over.  Some of them claim to be more into playoff hockey, but even then, just no real passion for watching.  Hell, I watched about 80% of the sh!tstorm that was the last third of the season...I can't help myself. 

Same exact thing here CR- I've gone to Devils games with my non-hockey fan friends, and they have fun, but for whatever reason, it just doesn't catch on with them. They like going to a hockey game, but that just doesn't translate into watching on TV or following the sport with any real interest. To each their own, but I always remind them that it's their loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, CarpathianForest said:

I don't even really care much for playoff hockey after the semifinals. It's been a sham for the past several years with the same teams over and over and over and over

Well, we had the Sharks last year, and the Preds this year so there has been some new blood. It would just be nice to see one of them actually win it. 

Edited by Nicomo

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

Well, we had the Sharks last year, and the Preds this year so there has been some new blood. It would just be nice to see one of them actually win it. 

That's what I'm referring to. Look at the teams that have won since 09: Pens, Hawks, Bruins, Kings, Hawks, Kings, Hawks, Penguins.

1 minute ago, CarpathianForest said:

That's what I'm referring to. Look at the teams that have won since 09: Pens, Hawks, Bruins, Kings, Hawks, Kings, Hawks, Penguins.

Meh, what are you going to do?  The Kings won as an #8 seed when they won their first Cup...they weren't a distant 8th and clearly weren't the same team by the end of the season (they went in on an 12-4-3 run), but they were still a low seed that was more of a dark horse than a favorite.  The next time they won, they trailed the Sharks 3 games to 0, the Ducks 3-2, and needed OT in Game 7 of the WCF just to get to the SCF...and they beat the Rangers.  Not like it came easy for them that second time...and in that period you reference, they only went deep into the playoff one other time...they were first-round knockouts three other times, and in two other seasons didn't even get in.

Look at the teams that won from 1995-2003:

Devils, Avs, Red Wings, Red Wings, Stars, Devils, Avs, Red Wings, Devils

Not like we haven't a lot of the same blood over a period of time in recent history before.

• Like 1

I stood up for the Sens throughout the last two series. A few of you threw out the "steamroll" term to describe how Pittsburgh was going to do through this series. And while I knew it would be competitive, I wouldn't have guessed the Sens would be one bounce away from winning the east.

Edited by thecoffeecake

Well, did you hear what Doc said?
They only showed the overhead angle inside the arena, so they thought it was in. 

Like the NHL would miss a good goal
in ECF game 7 OT with the 750 cameras all over the place lmfao. Those people are dense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3