2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

1 hour ago, Satans Hockey said:

Also sh!tty to me that Crosby wanted to grab the trophy and run, you're at home, take a team pic for all the fans there. 

How I'll always remember Crosby:

Amazing talent...obviously a generational great.

Impossible to root for unless you're a Pens fan...and even then, some of them probably find him kind of annoying.

Hard to believe he's already wrapping up his 12th NHL season...still feels like he just got here.  And he still hasn't turned 30 yet. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Impossible to root for unless you're a Pens fans...and even then, some of them probably find him kind of annoying.

Hard to believe he's already wrapping up his 12th NHL season...still feels like he just got here.  And he still hasn't turned 30 yet. 

Absolutely agree, there's no questioning his talent, but he's real twat otherwise. It even looked like Kessel was trying to get him to go to center ice and take a pic and you kept hearing him say locker room. If you're on the road that's fine but the fans paid a lot of money to be there, take a pic real quick. Sure everyone wants to win the cup but a quick team photo doesn't hurt anything. 

I never had much animosity towards Crosby, despite his petulant antics at times. It's bothered me but I've never really hated the guy. It's mostly had to do with the fact that our paths have never crossed in the playoffs and that's where the real hatred usually comes from. He's never really broken our hearts or crushed our season.

He's the ultimate competitor though, and can be brutally vicious at times in the same way Messier was (Messier was actually probably worse with his attempted decapitations) Gretzky could whine with the best of them, as did Mario. Howe threw some dirty elbows. We all know what Bobby Clarke  was capable of. Not everybody is going to be Jean Beliveau out there.

Edited by '7'
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Also sh!tty to me that Crosby wanted to grab the trophy and run, you're at home, take a team pic for all the fans there. 

It's probably a superstition thing. They've won it when they touched the trophy and lost the year they didn't. Maybe they hung around, celebrated and took pictures the first time, and grabbed it and took off the other two years and ended up winning the whole thing. Sure, Crosby hasn't always been the most likable guy, but I'm sure he had his reasons, especially with Kessel reminding him about hanging around. He wasn't just being a selfish ass.

35 minutes ago, thecoffeecake said:

It's probably a superstition thing. They've won it when they touched the trophy and lost the year they didn't. Maybe they hung around, celebrated and took pictures the first time, and grabbed it and took off the other two years and ended up winning the whole thing. Sure, Crosby hasn't always been the most likable guy, but I'm sure he had his reasons, especially with Kessel reminding him about hanging around. He wasn't just being a selfish ass.

Superstitions are dumb, taking a photo for the fans real quick especially when they haven't won the Stanley Cup on home ice before isn't a big deal. I love the picture in 2012 that we took, I like that Nashville took one as have other teams. You don't win or lose the Stanley Cup cause you took a picture with the conference trophy. 

4 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Superstitions are dumb, taking a photo for the fans real quick especially when they haven't won the Stanley Cup on home ice before isn't a big deal. I love the picture in 2012 that we took, I like that Nashville took one as have other teams. You don't win or lose the Stanley Cup cause you took a picture with the conference trophy. 

Hockey is the most superstitious sport out there, think whatever you want about it. But any reason to sh!t on Pittsburgh, lately.

10 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Impossible to root for unless you're a Pens fan...and even then, some of them probably find him kind of annoying.

I work with a Pitt fan who all afternoon yesterday, did nothing but cry about how the officials are biased against the Pens and how it's bullsh!t they don't get any calls. He was 100% serious. I couldn't engage in the conversation because of how horrendously stupid/biased he is. He was calling the Sens series in no longer than 5. I'm about to spend every day over 2 months in close confinement with this guy, the Preds NEEED to win this series, for my sanity alone.

• Like 2

Gotta be honest here, I've got nothing wrong with the Penguins. Crosby is one of the best players ever, Malkin is a blast to watch, Kessel has always been one of my favorite players. I tend to agree that playoff matchups cause the bad blood... I'd root for Pitt over Carolina, for example, 100 times out of 100. 

I'd like to see the Preds get a cup, I like Nashville a lot as a hockey town and all that jazz. But I won't be pissed if Pitt wins another

Pretty much how I feel. Don't get me wrong, I'll be rooting hard for Nashville... But if Pittsburgh wins again, I won't really lose any sleep over it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

39 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Pretty much how I feel. Don't get me wrong, I'll be rooting hard for Nashville... But if Pittsburgh wins again, I won't really lose any sleep over it.

Count me in this group too. I want Nashville to win, but honestly, Pittsburgh has at least 3 guys (Crosby, Malkin, Kessel) that are possibly all better than any player our team has ever had. At the same time. A team like that is going to be successful. 

Besides, it's not like it's the Rangers. 

12 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Count me in this group too. I want Nashville to win, but honestly, Pittsburgh has at least 3 guys (Crosby, Malkin, Kessel) that are possibly all better than any player our team has ever had. At the same time. A team like that is going to be successful. 

Besides, it's not like it's the Rangers. 

Kessel should never be mentioned in the same conversation as players like Brodeur, Stevens, and Niedermayer. Let alone suggesting he's actually better. Crazy talk, man. 

For me a lot of my Penguins hate stems from hating the city and their sports fans as a whole. My NFL team is the Bengals, and the Steelers are our biggest rivals. It's irrational, but my hate carries over to their hockey team as well. Plus Crosby just rubs me the wrong way. I actually like Malkin a lot though.