2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

Thanks for finding that clip. OK, you miss it live.  How could you miss it after reviewing the replay???   Was watching that game, was a sunday afternoon. The coaches have their ipads and watch it.  If I was the Avs coach, I would've called my players off the ice. No way I'd accept that call. 

But again, Avs were in tank mode and didn't much care...

Now that I've had about 10+ hours to reflect on the game last night, I've come to the conclusion that Bettman and the NHL want the Penguins to win at all costs because they believe having a perrenial winner will draw new fans. This reminds me of the mid 90's Chicago Bulls where all Jordan had to do was dribble the ball into the paint and if anyone grazed his jersey, it was a foul. The NBA wanted the Bulls in the spotlight for as long as possible for revenue and I see this as being no different. 

As good as the Preds are, and I'm rooting for them to win, I don't think they stand a chance because they are up against a good opponent and up against the referees. And that combo is probably too much for any team to overcome. 

1 hour ago, slasher72 said:

Now that I've had about 10+ hours to reflect on the game last night, I've come to the conclusion that Bettman and the NHL want the Penguins to win at all costs because they believe having a perrenial winner will draw new fans. This reminds me of the mid 90's Chicago Bulls where all Jordan had to do was dribble the ball into the paint and if anyone grazed his jersey, it was a foul. The NBA wanted the Bulls in the spotlight for as long as possible for revenue and I see this as being no different. 

As much as it looked like the fix was in last night I cannot reconcile that the NHL would do this while allowing Connor McDavid to fall into the lap of Edmonton at the lottery two years ago.  They could have fixed all their Phoenix problems with one "small" move.     

Edited by Lateralous

On 5/29/2017 at 8:08 PM, jagknife said:

fvck those 5 minutes of the first. Nashville owned those Golden Girl fvcks even with the refs' help. Its pathetic how blatantly obvious the bias is for the Penguins. The league and NBC arent even trying to hide it anymore.

And, please NBC, give us another spotlight on Crosby, we don't know enough about him. fvck that Subban guy who makes the game fun and does the right thing off the ice too, fvck trying to market him.

BREAD & CIRCUSES ...there's even a Star Trek TOS episode named after it.

It's getting so bad we're guessing correct on visitors scoring: Go ahead Goal  DISALLOWED, tying goal ALLOWED

My 1st and foremost recommendation for NHL  rules is to eliminate the off-sides video review challenge, period! It also kills the excitement of the game and obviously shows it being rigged like in the SCF game #1

On 5/30/2017 at 7:53 AM, eldon said:

Back to the offsides call. Normally when the replays they show are inconclusive, and the call seems to go against what we just watched, shortly thereafter the network/league will show a replay that was only available to the replay crew. That didn't happen, and there's still no way that you could tell, conclusively that the skate came off the ice. An embarassment for the league. But they don't care, since they got the result they wanted. 

THIS!!!  if you're going to screw a team royally.. give them some, any, evidence.. pure garbage... oh yeah, and crosby was just continuing the play when he blatantly interfered with the guy going for the puck

if this goes on "pot belly" better put a bounty on sids head

41 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

This is gonna be a short series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Pens fans are more obnoxious than Rangers fans and that's hard to top.

This series will go 4 games. I think Nashville gets swept, as much as it pains me to say that. They just look like they can't catch a break (while Pitt gets nearly every break), Rinne is playing poorly, and they can't score at all.

Just give the Pens the Cup Bettman so you can coronate them as the NHL's best team ever and hope they do it again next year.

I only have one small request, can someone please knock that a-hole Malkin on his ass??

58 minutes ago, slasher72 said:

I dare say if we're ever looking to trade Cory we might be able to send him to Nashville, especially if they get bounced early

Jusse Saros could be a good one.   He's small but lightning fast.  I watch a lot of their games since my sister in law lives in Nashville and our niece and nephew have become big fans and i was pretty much ready for them to make Saros the starter this year during the regular season.   That being said, I think you give Pekka one more game with probably a much quicker hook before you make that switch now.  He earned it.  

I'm not quite as down yet as some of you.  While I think the Preds definitely needed one of those game to have a good chance at the series, it's not totally out of the question that they win the next two at home in front of their fans.   I also think the refs will have to be a little more even on the penalty calls in front of the nashville crowd (although the Preds took a lot of stupid and well deserved calls last night).  Still, it's tough when you're missing 3 top 6 forwards.   Hopefully Colin Wilson will be back on Saturday.      

Edited by Lateralous

I'm fairly convinced the NHL is trying to market Crosby like the NBA markets LeBron. Every game they show multiple isolated cameras of him, and they're constantly fvcking talking about him.

Problem is, no one on Earth likes Crosby except Penguins fans.

2 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I'm fairly convinced the NHL is trying to market Crosby like the NBA markets LeBron. Every game they show multiple isolated cameras of him, and they're constantly fvcking talking about him.

CBC and NBC have iso cams on all the games I've seen this season.

6 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

So true...I think most hockey fans respect his talents (how can you not, really?), but to many of those same fans, he's an entitled, whiny, unembraceable douche...even has that kind of face that you just want to slap somehow.  He'll never have that universal appeal, the way some stars do. 

• Like 1

They should be focusing on Jake Guentzel. He's the one leading the playoffs in goals, and it would refreshing to hear about someone other than Crosby and Malkin for a change. 

Just saw that Rinne is now 0-7-2 lifetime against the Pens. Have to think it's in his head at this point. 

Edited by Nicomo

3 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Crosby reminds me of that jock in your high school gym class. Incredibly athletic, but has a punchable face and treats a morning dodgeball game like it's Game 7 of the finals.

This couldn't be more accurate.